RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Marijuana

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Seems like there's gotta be at least one guy here who knows about marijuana.

Anyone mind helping me answer some questions?

What are the addictive properties of marijuana (physically, psychologically, or both?)
What is the damage to body (including the brain) caused by marijuana?
What are some illnesses caused/intensified by use of marijuana?

Hooray for online health.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Funniest Member
Don't listen to what any stoner tells you about weed.

You can get addicted, but it isn't just one or two shot easy, more mentally than physically.

It pretty much kills brain cells every time, and stops neurons from extending while using it. Ontop of that, it stays in your body for about 40-50 days, so if you take a drugtest in that time you're fucked up because it's easily detectable.

Plus you'll smell like shit.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Weed only stays in your body for a day or two if you don't smoke it regularly. It does stay in your hair follicles for a longer time. Smoking seeds and stuff can lead to alzheimer's. Plus, it makes you think that Phish is a good band, and that Dane Cook is funny.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Ahaha thanks for your words of wisdom. I'll probably need to pick certain things over others, but yeah. Thanks. ;8

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
Marijauna also causes increased risk of getting a disease such as cancer, but shit, who am I kidding? Anything will give you cancer these days.

pokeball zxmOfflineMale
Astronaut Raticate Banana
Rep:
Level 92
Pineapple Line Colour

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Funniest Member

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
He obviously didn't read the rest of the post he quoted you from.

MJ is like video games. Video games aren't physically addicting. It's the person who's using it that makes up whether it is or not. So YES, MJ is addicting for some people, but no it's not chemically addictive.

Rep:
Level 88
Unoriginal text here.
What are the addictive properties of marijuana (physically, psychologically, or both?) Hardly any. Marijuana is nothing like cigarettes or even as addictive as alcohol, and alcohol isn't very addictive.

What is the damage to body (including the brain) caused by marijuana? It destroys a few brain cells, but then so does alcohol. It is said that marijuana has more cancer-causing chemicals than cigarettes, but that's a lie the school text books tell you because they don't want you to smoke weed. And even if it was true, you don't smoke marijuana all the time. It's an occasional thing.

What are some illnesses caused/intensified by use of marijuana? None, unless you smoke enough of it to get cancer, but you probably won't be able to afford enough weed to do that to you.

Weed's also really good for physical pain.

FYI, I don't smoke weed. Haven't even tried it before. But there's this girl I know who does and I ask her questions about it all the time. I'm no expert of course. You can find all kinds of information about weed on the internet as well, although a lot of it is probably biased, especially if it comes from people who are against it.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 03:11:08 PM by Animefan »

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Your friend is an idiot.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Animefan, you're the bigger idiot. You're talking as if you actually know the subject. >_> Instead, you're just spouting what your "girl" friend may have said.

I'm basically done with the project, but even I know a lot of that is dumb.
What is the damage to body (including the brain) caused by marijuana? It destroys a few brain cells, but then so does alcohol.
You make it sound like drinking tons of alcohol is better than smoking tons of marijuana (I don't really know, but either ain't good, I know that >_> )

And even if it was true, you don't smoke marijuana all the time. It's an occasional thing.[/b]
Is this a rule for smoking marijuana?

[/b]
Weed's also really good for physical pain.

Dying also happens to eliminate all physical pain, too.

You can find all kinds of information about weed on the internet as well, although a lot of it is probably biased, especially if it comes from people who are against it.
Oh yeah, information not from people who do research but instead from people who take the drugs and enjoy them will probably be biased, too.

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
Am I missing something? Because I don't see any reason to be assaulting Animefan in this thread. Maybe a few things in his post were misguided, but certainly not all of it, and certainly not enough to start name-calling.

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
I don't see any reason to attack Animefan either. Also you only know one person who smokes weed?
I think like 40% of the population smokes down here. Plano is the teen drug use capital in the world :\

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best Veteran2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
Are you forgetting our official moderation policy to ban anyone who defends anything Animefan says or does? I'll let it go for now because you're moderators, but if I see it again I will have no mercy!!!

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Am I missing something? Because I don't see any reason to be assaulting Animefan in this thread. Maybe a few things in his post were misguided, but certainly not all of it, and certainly not enough to start name-calling.
Actually, we were more like making fun of his friend and his naivety. Unless his friend is him.

Plano is the teen drug use capital in the world :\
I thought you said the piano, lol.

Rep:
Level 88
Unoriginal text here.
@mastermoo420:
-No, I was saying that smoking lots of marijuana is not as bad for the brain as drinking alcohol.
-Yes, it is a general rule that you don't smoke lots and lots of weed. Some people do but the casual users who have a desire to avoid addiction don't.
-What on earth does death have to do with weed's effects of eliminating pain? That's like saying  Are you saying that smoking weed will kill you? Dude, you have to smoke a fucking TON of weed to die from it, and weed isn't one of those things that can kill you in one sitting.
-Information from this particular friend isn't biased. I know her too well, and bias is above her.

I honestly don't care if you agree with me or not, or even if you flame me or not. I was just offering my help/2 cents and if you don't want it, that's fine by me.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 03:09:58 AM by Animefan »

Rep:
Level 94
Just stop now. You're making it worse.

Rep:
Level 88
Unoriginal text here.

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
Whew. Sure is a lot of ignorance goin' on in this thread.

pokeball zxmOfflineMale
Rep:
Level 92
Pineapple Line Colour
I don't think this is an issue that everyone is going to agree on at all. People's view on this subject are different for every person. Plus, it's hard to say if it is even worth bring up. Look, guys, the jest of it is all drug can be differently and effectively. If people over use drugs, it gets them high. If marry jane gets you to sleep at night (ala moi), then I think that it is used effectively. Now, like animefuck, just lay down quotes from some stoner chick, it's pretty bullshit dude. Try it yourself. Sure, do research, but from both negative and positive points. If you haven't done it, I don't think its an issue for to not to discuss it because you haven't even bothered to try it. Going on a damn website, isn't going to let you experience Marijuana, doing it will. Because I'll tell you something, you can't die yet and you should try everything at least once.

But honestly, isn't it entertaining that the only bad thing some people can find to say about weed any more is that it's a gateway drug?

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Marijauna also causes increased risk of getting a disease such as cancer, but shit, who am I kidding? Anything will give you cancer these days.

shut up, you're giving me cancer

pokeball zxmOfflineMale
Rep:
Level 92
Pineapple Line Colour
Anybody who is a lazy waste of space stoner was a lazy waste of space before they began smoking, or would have become a lazy waste of space no matter what substance they eventually chose.

Rep:
Level 98
This topic is silly now.

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
Whew. Sure is a lot of stoners thinking they know anything about anything in this thread.
Amazingly, this is yet another side effect of smoking weed.

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
I find it surprising that most "emos" prefer to be straightedge, while retaining the whole "you don't understand me nobody understands me" mindset that stoners adapt.