RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[2k3] Touhou Fantasy

Rep:
Level 67
Jack of all Trades
Good, at least it is decent now ... I still need to do Light, Mystic, Wind, and Ice (if you decide to change the wings for ice, since the wings already match ice pretty good.)

Rep:
Level 67
Jack of all Trades
Mystic fairy done.  Only Light, Wind, and (maybe) Ice to go ...

Spoiler for:

EDIT: If you want to see it with star-like wings (similar to Gravity Fairy's maybe?) I can try to do that ...
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 10:42:44 PM by jjwebb »

Rep:
Level 67
Jack of all Trades
Xenomic, stop just being there and not posting, it's bothering me!

Touhou Fantasy Developer and all around cool person. :)
Rep:
Level 85
T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
I appear and disappear constantly as I'm bouncing between places and working on RPG at the same time, plus crappy computer. Gimme a break here!

You could try it with the star-shaped wings if you want. Up to you. I like the colors too...not much else for me to say on that!

Rep:
Level 67
Jack of all Trades
well, I mean ... you came on right after I posted ... and have been here for almost an hour just being online and not posting ... it was nerve racking.  Also, I wanted comments on it .... if you think it is good or not, or if you want me to do it again ...

Rep:
Level 85
Well, I commented on it (plus I might've been away too or something. Never know).

Breakin' your HTML
Rep:
Level 74
Kurosuhato Rokkuriba (Crossed Heart, Rock River)
nice job done on the Mystic Fairy there jjwebb.
Xenomic. How are things in touhou fantasy progressing?
We were all newbies at first (Low Level), Then we suffer, We became greater as we fought (Mid Level) and now then we stare in the face of the end of the world! (High Level)

Rep:
Level 85
Still working on Weapon Bless as usual. Still waiting on mapper to get next dungeon done so I can check it out myself and then have him fix up the beta1 dungoens.

Rep:
Level 67
Jack of all Trades
Thanks Tera ... can you find me an example you were talking about for the Wind Fairy?

Rep:
Level 67
Jack of all Trades
an option is to use the star wings for the light fairy ... that would be easier for me to make than feather-wings ... and I feel would match a fairy more than feather wings anyways ...

Breakin' your HTML
Rep:
Level 74
I'd go with Xenomic's suggestion

If you are not comfortable on making feather wings then an example of a string wing i'd give you something like this of a string and picture it a "wing" version: http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/String

We were all newbies at first (Low Level), Then we suffer, We became greater as we fought (Mid Level) and now then we stare in the face of the end of the world! (High Level)

Rep:
Level 67
Jack of all Trades
mm ..... I don't quiet get what you expect it to look like ....

Breakin' your HTML
Rep:
Level 74
mm ..... I don't quiet get what you expect it to look like ....

It's your drawing... I don't expect what the string wing looks like... What I expect from you is using your imagination to think what would a string-like wing would look like... I sort of gave you an example what a string looks like through a link.

Rep:
Level 67
Jack of all Trades
"You've gotta draw from something you know" I have no clue how to draw "string wings" or even implement string into wings ...

Breakin' your HTML
Rep:
Level 74
never mind dude...
What would string wings would like could be like any other wings...
Like a skeleton of wings but more cotton stringed...

Rep:
Level 67
Jack of all Trades
I finished the wind fairy ... By far not my best work, but I was at a major disadvantage of having no clue how to do this or what colors to use ... I went with a grayish green wing color ...  I probably won't be able to implement any advice on this one, but feel free to leave some just in case.

Spoiler for:

Rep:
Level 85
Update Patch 1.094: http://www.mediafire.com/?7p1avgrhigq99gj

Hurrrr~ Only took like 7 months to fully finish it, and people told me not to do it, but dammit I did it! Weapon Bless and both Armor Blesses are 100% done as of right now, until new equipment is added in! Still got little things to fix up such as graphical bugs (like invisible tiles) and text cut-offs, but I need people to help me with finding these! As well, I cannot continue on with beta5 until my mapper gets the current map done (once he does that, I'll have him start redoing beta1 dungeons while I continue on with beta5 myself).

In the meantime, I think I should make a list of what I still need to do in the game overall...might be a good thing. That'll probably be the next post unless something awful happens from the patch!

In other news, a new concept art for Chaos, from a friend of mine who has been helping with the concept art~

Spoiler for:

Breakin' your HTML
Rep:
Level 74
Well that was longer than I thought it would have been...
I swear: I'm thinking you're trying to make an Elder Scrolls Equivalent of Final Fantasy & Touhou...

btw nice Chao's Art there...

Rep:
Level 85
Dunno anything bout Elder Scrolls sooooo can't say much on that~

Rep:
Level 85
Still on break as I am still waiting on mapper to get done. Within a week or 2 and he should be done. He's just making sure to not have the maps so large (which this particular dungeon's maps DON'T need to be large, so even if -I- did them, they wouldn't be that big anyways), though he's also adding an extra gimmick to the area, as well as making passable underpasses (which is really something I wanted to try earlier in the game, but didn't really know where or how to do it. For instance, Youkai Mountain is one particular area that I think could've benefited a bit from it).

I do have a To-Do list so far, if anyone is interested in seeing it. It's rather large though (because of 200+ animations on there that still needs done)...if anyone has any ideas to add to it (or to not add to it), feel free to voice your suggestions or whatnot. Yes, I'm still going to keep using 2k3 for this project, but I'm still certain that it'll be fine in the end.

Rep:
Level 85
http://xenomic.freehostia.com/Text/TF%20To-Do%20List.txt

I put it in a document and on my site to avoid having a huge clutter of text here and elsewhere, so yeah. I'm not entirely sure if this is all I need to do (obviously not, since there's still things to settle on like Blue Magic, secondary commands for characters, balancing issues, etc.), but this is what I've got thus far. Expect some showcase videos for the game to showcase the playable character's abilities thus far. Though the question remains: Should I do them all at once, in a group (i.e. all Playables, all Optionals, and then all Temporaries?), or one-by-one (i.e. Reimu, then Marisa, then Cirno, etc.)?

Breakin' your HTML
Rep:
Level 74
http://xenomic.freehostia.com/Text/TF%20To-Do%20List.txt

I put it in a document and on my site to avoid having a huge clutter of text here and elsewhere, so yeah. I'm not entirely sure if this is all I need to do (obviously not, since there's still things to settle on like Blue Magic, secondary commands for characters, balancing issues, etc.), but this is what I've got thus far. Expect some showcase videos for the game to showcase the playable character's abilities thus far. Though the question remains: Should I do them all at once, in a group (i.e. all Playables, all Optionals, and then all Temporaries?), or one-by-one (i.e. Reimu, then Marisa, then Cirno, etc.)?

That's a huge to do list right there... Well good luck!

Rep:
Level 85

So yes, Chamat was kind enough to do this stand sprite for me. Yes, there's a couple little issues, but they're easy to fix (such as her eye being a bit too high up), and I think the sprite was really well done! It's a great start for her in-battle sprites I think~

Rep:
Level 85

1st sprite is the original sprite by Chamat. 2nd sprite is my fix up of that sprite (only the eye was fixed up. I moved it down some, to make it seem more natural. 3rd sprite is my starting attempt of actually DOING animations believe it or not. The only thing I'm working on right now is the skirt, using Reisen's as sort of an example (she's the only one with a short enough skirt I think that works closely enough to help me with this...). It doesn't SEEM bad, but it feels a bit....off methinks. Not because of me not touching most of the inner colors, but because of the overall look of the flowing of the skirt. It doesn't seem....right.

To think I'd actually be spriting yet again after 3-4 years of not spriting. :S

You pie feeders!
Rep:
Level 68
Everyone... Actually Everyone hates me :)
2012 Biggest Drama Whore
Dude!!!! Nerdgasmic anime drawings, i mean seriously I've seen some pretty cool stuff made from just sketches, but that's a complete new level!!!
Final Statement: I chowder5lock am a dipshit and MA is a pretty cool dude.