RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[2k3] Touhou Fantasy

Rep:
Level 67
Jack of all Trades
I can <<try>> to customize their wings, but I'm not sure the quality of what it would look like or anything, if you want.

Touhou Fantasy Developer and all around cool person. :)
Rep:
Level 85
T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
I'd rather you not stress your comp out more than you already have been >_<

Rep:
Level 67
Jack of all Trades
It's fine, the AC is on, so it won't overheat or anything.  I have my OS on an external hard drive, so the heat it makes and my laptops are separate, meaning my data won't be damaged and can be transferred from computer to computer.

Rep:
Level 85
Well, if you want to give it a try, I suppose there's nothing stopping ya there~ Though as you said, they're probably temporary sprites for now so...

Rep:
Level 67
Jack of all Trades
Well, think of it like this.  It's to benefit both you and me, since you will be using the sprites, and I will be gaining skill in sprite editing.

Rep:
Level 67
Jack of all Trades
Ok, first one is done, the Fire Fairy. Let me know what you think.
Spoiler for:

Rep:
Level 85
That's actually not bad at all. I think it suits it for now~

Rep:
Level 67
Jack of all Trades
Thanks.  Fire is one of the things I have experience in spriting (despite it only being used to make small fire and fire swords).  I don't feel it turned out perfect, but I didn't expect it to.  Now, the question is how should I do the rest of them.  I'm planning on leaving the Ice Fairies wings alone, since it matches extremely well already.  For the Lightning one (which is what I'm working on now) I'm thinking about using the base shape that is given, while having Lightning wrap around the wings.

Breakin' your HTML
Rep:
Level 74
Kurosuhato Rokkuriba (Crossed Heart, Rock River)
Spoiler for:

Huh... While searching around in Pixiv: I've seen something like this before... But there was various versions of Cirno, Fire, Lightning etc... But still... It's so far so good!

Edit: On second thought... The White Apron bit should be a bit dark red and the Hair should be Orange to truly represent a fire elemental
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 12:05:09 AM by Tera611Espada »
We were all newbies at first (Low Level), Then we suffer, We became greater as we fought (Mid Level) and now then we stare in the face of the end of the world! (High Level)

Rep:
Level 67
Jack of all Trades
Spoiler for:

Huh... While searching around in Pixiv: I've seen something like this before... But there was various versions of Cirno, Fire, Lightning etc... But still... It's so far so good!

Thank you, I'm still relatively inexperienced as a sprite editor, but that's something I wish to improve
Edit:_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edit: On second thought... The White Apron bit should be a bit dark red and the Hair should be Orange to truly represent a fire elemental
Yeah, I didn't mess with the Apron or Hair at all when modifying their sprites.  I'll probably change them later, but I want to get the other stuff done first.  If anyone has a nice reference to lightning wings (specifically a sprite image) that would be really nice to use.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 12:18:31 AM by jjwebb »

Breakin' your HTML
Rep:
Level 74
Well they always say practice makes perfect...

Elemental features on what the fairies should be?
Fire Fairy: Orange Hair, Flame-like wings, Red Dress, Dark Red Apron
Ice Fairy: Light Blue Hair, Icicle-like wings, Blue Dress, Cobalt Blue Apron
(It's like both Normal Blue and Light Blue at the same time)
Thunder Fairy: Yellow Hair, ThunderBolt Wings, Black Dress, Yellow Apron,
Gravity Fairy: Black Hair, Blue Ring Wings, Purple Dress, Dark Blue Apron
Mystic Fairy: Probably the Some kind of inversion of the Gravity Fairy
White Hair, Yellow Star Wings, Silver Dress and Purple Apron.

Well they're idea's it's up to you whether or not take the idea for practice... After all I'm supporting
Touhou Fantasy... But there may be more I can help with: (I'll provide a script on how to do it... Coding is one of the my strong suits but it may take me more time... No matter how hard it normally is... I'll figure it out one way or another...)
We were all newbies at first (Low Level), Then we suffer, We became greater as we fought (Mid Level) and now then we stare in the face of the end of the world! (High Level)

Rep:
Level 67
Jack of all Trades

mmm ... the issue with that is that there is also a water fairy, and the color schemes conflict heavily already. I'm
trying to have the Ice Fairy lighter than the water fairy.  Maybe I could have a mixture of blue and white for the ice fairy (like with Cirno) and have blue (and dark blue, maybe) for the water fairy ...

This helps A LOT since I had no clue how i would do either of these 2.  Still not fully sure on how I want to do the wings for the earth, shadow, light, water, wind, and poison fairies.

Rep:
Level 85
Some images of the elemental Cirnos, in the event they help.

Spoiler for:

Mizu Cirno (Water):

Achi Cirno (Fire):

Ikazu Cirno (Thunder):

Some kind of Angel Cirno:

Some kind of Devil Cirno:

Perhaps that will help a bit?

Breakin' your HTML
Rep:
Level 74

mmm ... the issue with that is that there is also a water fairy, and the color schemes conflict heavily already. I'm
trying to have the Ice Fairy lighter than the water fairy.  Maybe I could have a mixture of blue and white for the ice fairy (like with Cirno) and have blue (and dark blue, maybe) for the water fairy ...

This helps A LOT since I had no clue how i would do either of these 2.  Still not fully sure on how I want to do the wings for the earth, shadow, light, water, wind, and poison fairies.

Earth Fairy: Green Hair, Brown Branch Wings, Dark Green Dress, Pink Apron
(Grass, Tree Banch, Leaves and Cherry Blossom)

Shadow Fairy: Dark Purple Hair, Black bat cloud Wings, Dark Grey Dress, Silver Apron
Light Fairy: White Hair, White angel cloud Wings, Light Grey Dress, White Apron
Wind Fairy: Light Green hair, Light Grey string wings, Light blue dress and light green apron
Poison Fairy: Purple Hair, Black Bubble Wings, Dark Purple Dress, Dark Grey-Purple Apron

There you go...

btw Xenomic: I just came up with the idea before you posted

Rep:
Level 67
Jack of all Trades
I'm finishing up the lightning wings.  I think they look pretty good.

@Tera611Espada about the Earth Fairy
Why am I now tempted to make it similar to Flandre's wings? xD

@Tera611Espada about the Shadow/Light Fairy
Bat wings, huh ... ? I haven't done ANYTHING like that .... (Then again I really haven't done wings before either, so ...) also, I think Angel wings might be a bit out of my league, since I have to do each feather on it ...

@Tera611Espada about the Wind/Poison Fairy
String wings? can you give an example of that? also, not sure how I would do the bubble wings, either ...

@Xenomic
I might be able to use references on the images you put up.

Breakin' your HTML
Rep:
Level 74
I'm finishing up the lightning wings.  I think they look pretty good.

@Tera611Espada about the Earth Fairy
Why am I now tempted to make it similar to Flandre's wings? xD

T6E: It doesn't have to be similiar it can just be like a tree branch.

@Tera611Espada about the Shadow/Light Fairy
Bat wings, huh ... ? I haven't done ANYTHING like that .... (Then again I really haven't done wings before either, so ...) also, I think Angel wings might be a bit out of my league, since I have to do each feather on it ...

T6E: Bat wings aren't too hard if you can think creatively on how it looks like sprited... angel isn't too hard compared to the bat wings all you've got to do is to draw white ovals and copy pasta to make your own unique feathers...

@Tera611Espada about the Wind/Poison Fairy
String wings? can you give an example of that? also, not sure how I would do the bubble wings, either ...

String Wings are like cotton fabric strings on your back that float according to the wind...
Bubble Wings are just the same as the Angel Wings I've meantioned... Make Bubbles Copy Pasta and then make your own unique wings out of it...

Rep:
Level 67
Jack of all Trades
copy-pasta doesn't work so well when using the same thing over and over again to make 1 thing.

Anyways, the lightning/thunder fairy wings are done:
Spoiler for:

Dinner will be done, so I might be able on the next one or not.

As always, leave comments on how I did and if I should redo it or make changes to it.

Edit:
Note: it looks SO MUCH better when it is larger (which it will be in the game)

Breakin' your HTML
Rep:
Level 74
copy-pasta doesn't work so well when using the same thing over and over again to make 1 thing.

Anyways, the lightning/thunder fairy wings are done:
Spoiler for:

Dinner will be done, so I might be able on the next one or not.

As always, leave comments on how I did and if I should redo it or make changes to it.

Edit:
Note: it looks SO MUCH better when it is larger (which it will be in the game)

The copy-pasta method the way I use it is... Remove the fairies wings then move the sprite elsewhere... Make the wings then place the fairy over it... (If you're not satisfied with the way it looks then you can always edit a little bit... (This method is via Paint. [For Photoshop... Isn't too hard to figure out...])

Rep:
Level 67
Jack of all Trades
This one proved to be very troublesome ... Due to the nature of how the wings are, in order to get them to fit, I needed to get them to be at an angle, which is a bit awkward for me to do.  If they aren't at an angle, then they look skimpy and weak.  I tried doing wings similar to a bat's wings or vampire's wings ... It's not perfect ... and is probably the worst of the 3 I have done so far.
For this one I tried doing a reddish purple color for the wings to make it look somewhat bat-like.

Shadow Fairy
Spoiler for:

Rep:
Level 85
It's not as bad a you think, for someone who doesn't sprite. It's still decent enough~

On a sidenote for everyone else, don't bother looking for videos on my channel right now. For some reason Youtube decided to suspend my channel out of thin air and I didn't get any reasons as to why, so I'm assuming it's false flagging at this point. I've already sent them a contact thingie through Gmail (when I tried to sign in) and through Youtube's forum thingie, so hopefully I'll get my channel back. If not...then I don't know what the hell I'm going to do as I don't know what else I CAN do...

Rep:
Level 67
Jack of all Trades
Well, that's unfortunate .... I'm working on the gravity one right now .... I'm making the wings have 3 rings each, with each one further away is smaller.

Rep:
Level 85
That'll give it a nice touch. Actually, those wings could probably use the Gravity palette that we were talking about (the one from KH) which would fit in quite nicely with them, no?

I'm hoping I get that issue resolved quickly...I'd hate to lose 3000 videos over some idiot flagging me over nothing...

Rep:
Level 67
Jack of all Trades
for the Gravity Fairy, right now, I'm using the original sprite and am going to have the wings more of a blueish color.

Rep:
Level 67
Jack of all Trades
base image for Gravity Fairy is done.  Not too sure if the colors are the best choice, since they are kind of faded.  You might have to change the background color to see what it is actually like.  Let me know what you think and if I should change anything.

(Btw, I'm not doing the hair/apron right now because I am going to base them off of replies I get.)

Spoiler for:

Rep:
Level 85
Huh....that's actually a unique way of doing it. In a way kinda reminds me of Flandre lol. The colors look right too....I think it could work~