RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[2k3] Touhou Fantasy

Breakin' your HTML
Rep:
Level 74
Kurosuhato Rokkuriba (Crossed Heart, Rock River)
Still working in the database. Story hasn't moved an inch since beta4 was released, so it's still at Pandaemonium.

Well, things that still need to be done:

1) In-battle sprites for Youki and Hope (still need in-battle sprites for Advent Cirno that's Soku-styled and not KoF style like I have right now).
2) Battle animations for the remaining 200 attacks.
3) Setting up and deciding the remaining secondary command abilities for characters who do not have it (i.e. Yuuka's Threaten, whether or not Yumemi will have Tinker, etc.).
4) Setting up and deciding overworld abilities (i.e. Sakuya's Overworld Running Speed bonus) for characters.
5) Fixing up synthesis shop so it's more useful and not completely useless at the moment. This may involve me making a crafting shop where you can buy up to level 3 crafting materials.
6) Fixing up maps and having them with better gimmicks and/or ideas (i.e. changing the remaining beta1 dungeons to better mapping and/or puzzles, which include SDM, Forest of Magic, Bamboo Forest, and Eientei).
7) Moving on with the blasted storyline!
8) Rebalancing enemies and making the Attack command more useful.
9) Ironing out any remaining bugs that remain in beta4.
10) Deciding whether or not to keep what music is in the game, or removing some music to make the download size much lower.

That's actually quite a lot now that I think about it @_@;

1. That's very difficult to come by...

2. Battle animations to fill the empty gaps are going to need a re-size from ones you can find and extract from MUGEN

3. Setting up secondary abilities for other characters... My Idea for Yumemi is actually Ammo Mode... Which basically like Irvine's limit break.. Select what ammo type you want and press a button as much times as possible to shoot. You can either A: Buy Ammo or B: Use MP to fire magical bullets...

4. Sakuya's Overworld Running Speed bonus is quite a feat...

5. Synthesis is a bit simple as it sounds... Since the limit is four lines... You're going to need eight variables... Four for the amount of the certain item you need and another four of the items required to make the material... A B C and D. Set the first four variables of the material's you've held and the last four the number you need the materials... Make a Condition which allows you to have it equal or greater than the item you have and once you have it sufficiently, You HAVE to make sure that the materials are removed and you got the item you crafted!

6. I think some maps are better off as they are... The Scarlet Devil Mansion with the doors without the black blocks were better than the new ones to be honest...

7. I keep downloading the new beta updates in hopes for seeing more of the story unfold... But no new updates so far... Then again you could put the story in a event so that way you can keep backups of your story until everything is sorted out...

8. Rebalancing enemies to make the standard attack useful? That was an easy part to figure out... Since I go to the atributes and increase the percentage higher so that way... The attacks can be increased dramatically depending on what weapons does the character have. I give the standard attack around 500 or 1000% stronger to make attacks damaging.

9. I don't know what bugs that remain in beta4 for the moment...

10. I'd say keep the music until everything is done and then delete the unused music in the game afterwards... Or keep them for download to those who are interested in using the unused music...
We were all newbies at first (Low Level), Then we suffer, We became greater as we fought (Mid Level) and now then we stare in the face of the end of the world! (High Level)

Touhou Fantasy Developer and all around cool person. :)
Rep:
Level 85
T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
No opinions on whether or not to use the new sprites over the old ones? Huh...

In any case, this is something I don't think I ever showed at all. This was done back in February of this year by a friend of mine who's been doing all of the concept arts for the fragments (she did the one for Chaos, Hope, and Death, with Death still being a beta while Chaos and Hope are pretty much finalized on their designs).

If you can't guess which one this is, well...this is the concept art for Fate. I like the design overall personally, even if it does have a bit of Aliceness to it. But oh well, what can ya do eh? Once her design is finalized, I'll have to find someone to do the overworld and in-battle sprites for her, so she's not using other sprites (she's using a default 2K3 monster sprite just like Chaos is, unlike Order who's using a custom sprite, though that sprite needs more work done on it methinks, and Fate's overworld sprite needs to be something not whatever that Touhou midboss is...I don't even remember which game it's from!).

Rep:
Level 77
RMRK Junior
Which midboss? Show me.

Rep:
Level 85
It's a PC-98 Midboss that's nameless. I believe Fate uses the middle-one (the left one I think was what Chaos ORIGINALLY used...)

Rep:
Level 67
Jack of all Trades
I like the idea of using original art for the enemies, however, I don't like the ones that were shown so much.  I prefer the current ones over the new ones.

Rep:
Level 85
What do you mean? I'm assuming you're talking about the fairies, right?

Rep:
Level 67
Jack of all Trades
Yes, the fairies.  And hello, it has been awhile since I've been on this site.  Computer problems have been getting in my way.  I still wish to help out, however, I am limited in what I can do, since I am running on Linux and as you saw before ... Linux + this game is not the best combination.  While I can play it, I can't really read the text.

Rep:
Level 85
Indeed it has. Wondered what happened to ya~

Well, most of the bugs have been ironed out at this point. Still gotta fix up the Crafting Shop though, and gotta figure out how to fix a couple other things. There's a few other things like command abilities and whatnot too...should compile a list of what all needs done. Hmmm...

Well, if anything the sprite styles on those new fairies would be consistent as opposed to the others (though I guess the others are consistent too since they're mostly from the same game). The problem with the old ones is that the elemental fairies in Eastern Forest, as pointed out somewhere, all use the same sprites but different palettes, so it becomes troublesome to figure out which is which @_@

Rep:
Level 67
Jack of all Trades
a simple fix to that is recoloring them (paint works) so that their clothes and/or skin matches that of their element.  Or, if you are good enough, make it so their wings match what type of fairy they are (like Cirno's ice wings.)

Rep:
Level 85
I'm terrible at spriting so that wouldn't work well for me lol. That and they're resized from the original sprites IIRC. Would be a nice touch though...

I guess I COULD do with recoloring in Paint, though dunno how well I can change things in Paint with that @_@

Rep:
Level 67
Jack of all Trades
well, I could try modifying the sprites, if you want ... just tell me what elements you want.

Rep:
Level 85
There's at least one fairy for each element. In the Eastern Forest, the following fairies appear: Fire Fairy, Ice Fairy, Thunder Fairy, Earth Fairy, Shadow Fairy, Light Fairy. There are still fairies for other elements not yet here, being: Water Fairy, Wind Fairy, Gravity Fairy, Poison Fairy, and Mystic Fairy.

This does not include any other iterations of fairies.

Rep:
Level 67
Jack of all Trades
hmm ... gravity and Mystic might be a little harder to do ...   The closest thing that comes to mind for gravity would be similar to Shadow or Poison, and Mystic could be ... almost any color.

Rep:
Level 85
I figured those 2 would be the most difficult to do for wings and whatnot, since well...it's not clear cut what would work for wings @_@

Rep:
Level 67
Jack of all Trades
well, right now, I'm only going to mess with recoloring, might do wings later, if I can think of something for that.

Also, gotta ask ... why is Irvine in the [monsters] folder?  He's from FF8. xD

Rep:
Level 85
Yes, yes he is. You'll find quite a few FF stuff in there. There's a gooooooood reason for that too~

Rep:
Level 67
Jack of all Trades
gotcha ... Anyways, I might use the Zombie Fairy sprite for the Gravity and Mystic Fairies ... still not sure what to color the Mystic Fairy, though ...

Rep:
Level 85
Mystic could be like a mix of light colors or something, as long as it's not pure white (or maybe it is and Light Fairy is of light colors or something? *Shrug*)

Rep:
Level 67
Jack of all Trades
for Light Fairy, I'm thinking Primary color (replacing the blue) would be either very light gray or very light yellow

Rep:
Level 85
Yellow I see more for Thunder than Light. I dunno. It's hard to say!

Still dunno about the sprites either. >_<

Rep:
Level 67
Jack of all Trades
Well, just give me some time, and I will have them up in a few minutes or so ... and you can tell me what you think, or if you like some, but others not so much.

Rep:
Level 85
Mmkay~ If I ever decide to switch between sprites, I can always just change colors of specific fairy sprites or something, or have like 2 separate databases for sprites or something...or ya know, have a file that people can replace with one another since that works~

Rep:
Level 67
Jack of all Trades
Yeah, those are options.

Rep:
Level 67
Jack of all Trades
Do you know if it accepts animated PNG's for the enemies?

Rep:
Level 85
Not by default. It'd have to be customized (someone with better knowledge about it may be able to clarify it for me). There is someone over on RPGMaker.net that released an animated monster plugin though, but don't think it works FULLY (since he mentioned something about back attacks and pincers not working correctly).