RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[2k3] Touhou Fantasy

Touhou Fantasy Developer and all around cool person. :)
Rep:
Level 85
T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
And don't worry about the HRCS bug that happens later on when you get teleported to the world map from places. I know what causes that to happen and I'll be fixing that (though I need to have a list of instances of where the player is teleported to the world map to make things easier on me x_x)

Rep:
Level 67
Jack of all Trades
Found a bug on the roof of SDM that allows you to get past the trigger, so that you can see Flandre, Remilia, and Sakuya standing on the left of the roof

Rep:
Level 85
Eh? And what bug be that??? And what part can you get past the trigger?

Rep:
Level 67
Jack of all Trades
if instead of going left, you go to the right, and up, you can walk on the "roof" of the door you go out of, making it flat instead of 3D, thus allowing you to get past the trigger.

Rep:
Level 85
And fixed~

Currently trying to think of dungeon designs atm....not working out so well in my head I must say! x_x

Rep:
Level 67
Jack of all Trades
I would help you with that, but I don't have access to it right now ... if you had something like Skype or Teamviewer, then maybe I could help ...

Rep:
Level 85
I could also stream it too, since I don't use Teamviewer very often (only ever used it once, and I'm not comfortable using that), and not sure how Skype would help on that (plus I don't like talking that much on Skype lol...). So if you can stand watching me stream it, and don't mind a little spoiler, then I can do that easily.

Rep:
Level 67
Jack of all Trades
Skype has a screen sharing feature, and how can I watch you stream it?  never heard/used that before ... you mean on youtube or something? I don't get it entirely ...

Rep:
Level 85
You can watch live progress and whatnot through JTV.

www.twitch.tv/Shinxenomic

You'll have to wait for me to get on there though to actually see anything. And I never used Skype much so I don't know all of its features.

Rep:
Level 67
Jack of all Trades
Yeah, I'm in a game development team (Chronoux Productions), so we need to know this kind of stuff, so that we can communicate well, as well as see eachothers screens.

Rep:
Level 85
I see~

Gonna put up stream then so you can see what I'm doing and whatnot. Though can't really DO any of the mapping per say but eh! I can at least speak about stuff in there, if you can understand what I say that is.

Rep:
Level 85
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LZIHVDGZ

New update patch for beta4, mainly to help with beta5 later on, and fixes some bugs in beta4 of course. For those of you who have a current save file, you'll NEED to restart your game due to 2 new characters being implemented that weren't there before. >_<

As for beta5 work...the entire Makai map is done, and the first dungeon is essentially done (just need to put in monsters, storyline events, and the bosses), and then Pandaemonium is next on my list to tackle, since it's more or less half done already (needs more useless rooms and whatnot to add in...blah). Then there's....some areas that I can easily copy/paste to save time...not sure though!

Still need spriters though for characters and enemies. Always the enemies....boooo! And still up for ideas on dungeons!

Speaking of ideas, I DID remember a gimmick I WAS going to use a long time ago in one dungeon...basically, each step you take (or any trap that you activate), will reduce the amount of yen on you. If you run out of yen at any time during the dungeon, you pretty much game over. Capitalism at its best! Not sure if it'll be per step or by traps only though...

Rep:
Level 67
Jack of all Trades
Yo, Xeno, the spriter in my team agreed to make some sprites for you, so I'll get you two hooked up.  If you get on Skype often, that will be the easiest way of getting a hold of him.

Rep:
Level 85
Hmm....I'll keep that in mind (I never use Skype that often so...lol) but I'll hop on there probably tomorrow since I'm relatively busy tonight lol x_x

Rep:
Level 85
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2YS6KUFN

Adds a couple things to the tutorial room and fixes a couple bugs. Also, Nitori gets slightly buffed (she actually NEEDS it), though I haven't completely balanced out her moveset sooo...yeah....

Rep:
Level 67
Jack of all Trades
Why aren't you on skype? :(

Rep:
Level 85
Like I've said before, I rarely use Skype that often.

Rep:
Level 67
Jack of all Trades
Well, I solved the 1-up issue where it doesn't cure Stop.

Rep:
Level 85
Well, I'll hop on, but don't expect me to talk or pop on video or anything. Just plain old typing this time and whatnot

Rep:
Level 67
Jack of all Trades
That's fine ... I'll tell you the info you need to do there, though I might not be able to explain it clearly.

[EDIT] It's dinner time now, so I will update you later.
[EDIT2] I'm back, so ready whenever.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 01:23:09 AM by jjwebb »

Rep:
Level 85
So currently working on a little puzzle room in Pandaemonium. Now the question is....how to do this?

The idea is that you have to push barrels out of the way to get to each chest, though there is only one correct path per chest, and pushing a barrel into the wrong path means you cannot get the item unless you reset the room (or I could make it permanently unavailable, whichever). I haven't quite decided on the design on this, as I'm not sure what to do with it. If anyone can help come up with a good design, that'd be fantastic~

Rep:
Level 67
Jack of all Trades
addon to the idea:
Instead of chests, there are keys, and at the very end of the room there are chests, and if you open any of the chests, you can no longer reset the room. Otherwise, you can reset the room, but if you do so, you lose the keys you have collected.

Breakin' your HTML
Rep:
Level 74
Kurosuhato Rokkuriba (Crossed Heart, Rock River)
addon to the idea:
Instead of chests, there are keys, and at the very end of the room there are chests, and if you open any of the chests, you can no longer reset the room. Otherwise, you can reset the room, but if you do so, you lose the keys you have collected.

Hmmmm... Sounds evil for a puzzle...

For some reason this is going to remind me of Pokemon when you have to move the bolders...
We were all newbies at first (Low Level), Then we suffer, We became greater as we fought (Mid Level) and now then we stare in the face of the end of the world! (High Level)

Rep:
Level 67
Jack of all Trades
addon to the idea:

Hmmmm... Sounds evil for a puzzle...

For some reason this is going to remind me of Pokemon when you have to move the bolders...
No, Eientei was evil for a puzzle.  The chests are just bonuses, not required.

Rep:
Level 85
Oh yeah, I also finished that room yesterday btw guys lol...

Each of the empty spots before barrels are spots that forces you to jump into different areas. The one barrel is the only barrel that moves when checked, and the crystal acts as a teleporter. That was the idea behind that room. I could make another room like this, but with the idea up above. Give that room better goodies and whatnot~