RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
What are you playing?

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Commence large post ~

Crysis: I'd only ever heard about its graphics before, heard it described as a benchmark rather than a game. The first hour or so didn't really interest me much, but once you get into it I'd say it's pretty interesting. It's definitely better than Far Cry imo.

Crysis: Warhead: Short, but it's branded as a standalone expansion so I'll let it slide. It seems less polished than the original Crysis, especially in the cutscenes. Half the voice acting sounds like they only bothered doing one take for it, and their attempt at a history subplot sank. The ice stuff was cool though, and again the graphics are just awesome.

Fallout 3: Awesome ;o; I agree with all the good reviews. I played through it as a nice person the first time. The great thing about f3 is its replay falue, I'm playing through again now as an asshole instead =o My only gripe is that it keeps crashing.

F.E.A.R. 2: Was pretty fun, I won't be playing it again too. Considering it uses the same engine as the original, it looks great, and especially SOUNDs great. After a while though it suffered the same as the original, it just gets tedious =( and the scares quickly lose their effect when the game basically tells you it's about to try and scare you.
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
STALKER. I used to hate this game, but it has a certain quality to it where I think about playing it even when I'm not playing it. Now that I'm getting better guns and stuff, I'm getting into it a lot.

Rep:
Level 87
Quote from: Roph
F.E.A.R. 2: Was pretty fun, I won't be playing it again too. Considering it uses the same engine as the original, it looks great, and especially SOUNDs great. After a while though it suffered the same as the original, it just gets tedious =( and the scares quickly lose their effect when the game basically tells you it's about to try and scare you.
Its good enough for one play, true. And I couldn't agree more about the how they're about to tell you that there's a scary scene coming ahead. It lost its quality comparing it to the first one. :\

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Commence large post ~

Crysis: I'd only ever heard about its graphics before, heard it described as a benchmark rather than a game. The first hour or so didn't really interest me much, but once you get into it I'd say it's pretty interesting. It's definitely better than Far Cry imo.

Fallout 3: Awesome ;o; I agree with all the good reviews. I played through it as a nice person the first time. The great thing about f3 is its replay falue, I'm playing through again now as an asshole instead =o My only gripe is that it keeps crashing.

Cool, thinking of trying it out. I actually thought Farcry wasn't very good. =x
Played it for a couple hours then never touched it again.

It's a blast.  :lol:

I tried out the demo and thought it was kinda fun, but I wouldn't buy. Didn't scare me much, except for once towards the end of the demo where you see the living tree then it all goes red and you get choked.

Anyway, I is playing a lot of Sauerbraten and started playing Savage 2 and am about to play more Half Life.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
Currently playing: Nightfire.

Have absolutely no idea why. I just wanted to go back and replay the multiplayer on this.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Super Bomberman 2 - It's kinda addticing =\ But I think I'll get bored of it soon
Donkey Kong Country 2 - Hurr
Secret Of Mana - I'm not much of a great fan of rpg games (lol) ON the snes, thats why I always hesitate before trying FF..even though I know they're good, I just feel that I'll ruin the whole thing but SOM has cool music
pretty much the reason

and tf2 ofc.

also i'm playing with zylos.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 12:26:56 PM by Agent »
Arlen is hot.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Super Bomberman 2 - It's kinda addticing =\ But I think I'll get bored of it school.

Bomberman is not a game, it's an addiction.  ;9 I own two different versions on the wii, it's so much fun.

Oblivion: Just reinstalled it, it's so much fun, but I wish it didn't crash so much....have to go through and test which mods work. Obmm is good for that, though.  :lol:

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
Currently playing: With myself Bloody Roar 3.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Ys I + II Eternal.

These games have such a simple concept, but the way that everything is done is done so well. I actually completed the first one, found out that the remakes of parts III and VI had english patches, so I went and got both of them. Now I'm in the middle of part II, and there are tons of improvements over the first. If anyone knows of anymore Nihon Falcom games with English patches, please let me know. My interest is piqued. (Caro, I'm looking at you...)

Rep:
Level 84
~Chase Leader~
Magic Pen 1 and 2 (Flash Games) they are very addictive and an awesome time killer, I am stuck in training at work...

Rep:
Level 94
Just beat the 2nd Ys last night, and started on The Ark Of Napishtim. Impressions so far:

-The world is lovely to look at. Using sprites on a 3d background is nothing new, but the sprites are so well made that you can hardly tell that they aren't models.
-The combat is great. I liked ramming into enemies in the first two, and I was a little wary that sword-swinging would make the battles more generic. It hasn't.
-It maintains the soul of the originals in many ways:
   -You go from dealing 1 damage to an enemy to being able to kill it in 2 hits within 2 or 3 levels.
   -The strange items that you find and know nothing about until they become relevant are still there, which was one thing that made the originals so much fun for me.
   -The character interactions are surprisingly enjoyable for just being a jpeg and scrolling text. Even most generic NPC's have something interesting to say.
-The boss battles are incredible. They're never just hack-fests, and they're all fully rendered with glorious 3d models.
-There are multiple carrots dangled in front of you at all times. You might say, "I'm just going to get one more level," but then you realize that you only need 25 more gems to upgrade your sword, so you continue fighting. Once you have enough, you go to town and get ready to move on, but then you notice that the next armor is only 200 more gold than what you have, so you go back to fighting. You buy a sweet shield, and then see that you're close to another level, so it's back to the field with you.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
Super Mario 64 - Doing some LPs and uploading to a Youtube channel

Assassins Creed - Never got around to beating it.

Burnout Paradise - Downloaded it yesterday. Pretty fun.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
Final Fantasy IV Advance.

Number of small glitches, but I'm still loving it. Plus I can play it before class when I'm waiting for the professor to show up.

Rep: +0/-0Level 86
Nothing personal.
Infinite Undiscovery
Blue Dragon
Eternal Sonata
Animal Crossing
Super Smash Bros Brawl
Pokemon Pearl
Final Fantasy III -ds
Final Fantasy IV -ds
Call of Duty waw

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
Just finished Suikoden Tierkreis

Really, it's quite an awful game. Still finished it :)
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
Lol, Eternal Sonata any good?

I picked up baroque and ff4. I'm enjoying ff4 a considerably more considerable amount, and actually i mean to say it's not comparable to baroque because i have found baroque to be repetitive and confusing. the whole randomly generated 3d map thing wasn't a good idea, and neither was leaving you in some random place hoping you'll figure it out yourself is also not a good idea. Which makes me sad, because the concept was amazing.

Rep: +0/-0Level 86
Nothing personal.
Eternal Sonata is good if you can handle games that look girly but really aren't. The fighting style is okay, you're basically timed and any attacks you do shorten your time. Though I found it to be quite easy. I only got a game over once, and it was because I wasn't paying attention haha. It was worth the buy, I would say. Yet, I also work at GameStop so I get a discount haha.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Baldur's Gate 2

and it's pissing me off >:(

Rep:
Level 94
Why is it pissing you off?

Rep:
Level 87
Final Fantasy III
Mother 3
Tales of Vesperia
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga (I'm at the very end, but I can't win... ;9)

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
I'm picking up Atlantica Online

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Why is it pissing you off?

It's a ripped mac version and there's a few glitches in it. Like the party AI keeps failing and only half the party will follow the walking commands and the other half just stands there, sometimes saving fails and I have to delete and recreate the temp folder (which I found out that if I do that in a zone and don't leave it before I delete and remake the Temp folder, all the loot that I looted before I deleted the temp folder comes back but I keep what's in my inventory, aka, get rich fast.), also it periodically freezes in fullscreen, and sometimes just crashes. Then of course, I've never played it before so it's kind of hard to pick up, though I'm learning fast, it's all just a little confusing. Good game though.

Rep:
Level 94
Ouch. That really sucks, because that's one of my favorite games. One tip, if you haven't figured it out: Save often. I mean like after every fight. Also, use the pause button a lot, too.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Oh yeah. I quick save after basically every fight and rest whenever I can. The fights at the moment aren't toooo bad, but I occasionally use the pause button to do certain tasks mid-fight.