RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
What are you playing?

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Been playing TF2 and Chaos Project's Beta.
should be playing some L4D tomorrow.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 84
Live it up!
I'm playing "Prinny: Can I Really Be a Hero?" on my PSP, dood~
Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality.

My Blogsite

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Garry's Mod. 8D

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
I downloaded a non-steam version of TF2 and I'm practicing lol
with bots..
Which don't move.
But I got the script so, yeah. It's a fun game with cool graphics.

Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 88
Something something events
Project of the Month winner for December 2008
Been playing Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 2
though TF2 sounds interesting. I might have to try it soon

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Castlevania: Order Of Ecclesia

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Castlevania: Order Of Ecclesia

is that any good?

Disgaea <3

Rep:
Level 84
Live it up!

Disgaea <3

lol, well, I can't resist the urge to play as a Prinny. They're funny and you got to love how Etna forces practically works them to death -- err, literally.

Anyways, I'm also playing Suikoden on my PSP. Just like to reminisce, lol

My Blogsite

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
Team Fortress 2
Garry's Mod
Oblivion (again)
Fallout 3
Lineage 2

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Crysis is great. People only say it's bland because they're trying to sound like "refined video game connosouirs". The graphics are pretty, yes, but most people don't understand why Crysis is so requirements heavy.

The truth is, Crytek wanted to make the game future-proof, so they decided to make the highest settings nearly impossible to use on this gen's hardware. Truthfully, nobody is supposed to play it on very high, or even high, really. They knew this when they made it. They only included mind-blowing graphics in the game so that in 5 years, when you have new hardware, Crysis isn't just another old game that you have fond memories of playing. You can actually load it up and it looks completely better than you remember it, and it holds up to other games of the next gen.

Sounds reasonable, TBH, I'm not looking for anything "new and fresh" atm, I want something that reminds me of Quake 2. Stuff like that. A solid story would be niec too.

Never played Majora's Mask, but OoT is fo shizzle a lot of fun. The floor masters scared the hell out of me,too.  ;8

Playing:
Audiosurf, UT2K4, UT3 Demo (blows :P), TF2 and HL2 Episode 2.

Rep:
Level 89
Let's attack agressively.
Never played Majora's Mask, but OoT is fo shizzle a lot of fun. The floor masters scared the hell out of me,too.  ;8

You should definitely give it a play. The story in MM is much darker than OoT, and while the game may be short ( 4 dungeons only ), you will still keep playing it thanks to the larger variety of side-quest MM has.

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Project of the Month winner for September 2009

Rep:
Level 84
exit fate. neat rm game thats like a suikoden clone. front page on tigsource if anyone wants to try

Rep:
Level 89
Let's attack agressively.
Megaman Legends 2

Rep:
Level 84
I am currently playing Europa Universalis III: In Nomine as I wait for the release of Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume and all those nice rpgs bound to be released in spring time.
"Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo"

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
My DSFire card broke because of a horrible sink mishap, so I only have 3 DS games to play now. Luckily, they're all pretty good.

Ecclesia is pretty fun. I'm a huge fan of Castletroid games, and this one is a bit of an expansion on the theme. It's more like Castlevania 2, in that you're traveling to a bunch of smaller zones. At first it seems really easy, (except the bosses, which are excruciating,) but things ramp up pretty well once you get to the main castle. I'm really obsessive about collecting in these games, and collecting is less of a chore here because it seems that they increased your odds of finding rare treasure drops and glyphs. I don't mind the glyph system, but it seems like I'm sticking with two sets of glyphs for most of the game. I'm almost done with it, so I might post something about the whole thing afterward.

I'm also playing the Final Fantasy 4 remake, which is pretty much exactly what I expected. There is one thing that was kind of annoying to me, and I don't remember if this was in the SNES or GBA versions, since it's been so long since I've played either. When Cecil becomes a paladin on Mt. Ordeals, the game drops his level all the way back down to 1. This means that all the time you spend grinding him before this is just wasted. It's a small thing, but it was a little discouraging. Oh, and the voice work is surprisingly good for a Square game.

Lastly, I'm finally getting around to play Phantom Hourglass, which is blowing me away. Of course Nintendo is going to find the best way to use their own hardware, but the controls are so intuitive that I didn't realize until about halfway through the game that I wasn't using any of the face buttons, save bringing up my map every so often. I love this game so much that I almost don't want to beat it.

Zylos' boyfriend. <3
Rep:
Level 84
I am wolf, hear me howl.
Bouncing between a couple of games, but since my PS2 and Wii are at home (all I could bring was my DS because neither my roomie or I were bringing a TV), mostly they're DS/GBA games.

Playing through FFV Advance, only my second time through, oddly enough. I missed this when I was playing through the series originally- my knowledge of Final Fantasy went FF3, FF4, FF6... etc. So it's nice to play through it. I enjoy the job system, especially the fact that Mimes/Freelancers get all of the abilities and stats of mastered jobs, and in the end I ended up grinding through my jobs quite quickly. The last room of the Void before Exdeath? Seriously, 26-30 AP a kill is nice, and then when you kill the movers and see 199 AP for a win? Beautiful. Seriously, though, getting the jobs maxed is worth it- I managed to slaughter Omega with a team at level 40. Spellblade Thundaga + Rapid Fire ftw.

Another game I found myself coming back to was FFTA2 (yes, I'm on a Final Fantasy kick of late). Honestly, the downside to both TA and TA2 (I haven't played the original yet) is that once you've beaten the game, the few missions and stuff they throw in afterwards really kinda pales to everything you did up to that point. It's like saying "Congratulations, you beat the game, now GTFO." It makes me just a little sad inside. But overall, it's a nice game, and one that still brought me back just 'cause I have the completionist need to finish every mission.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Team Fortress 2 (I'm using the non steam until I get the legit version)
UT2k4
War3
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
Crysis is great. People only say it's bland because they're trying to sound like "refined video game connosouirs". The graphics are pretty, yes, but most people don't understand why Crysis is so requirements heavy.

The truth is, Crytek wanted to make the game future-proof, so they decided to make the highest settings nearly impossible to use on this gen's hardware. Truthfully, nobody is supposed to play it on very high, or even high, really. They knew this when they made it. They only included mind-blowing graphics in the game so that in 5 years, when you have new hardware, Crysis isn't just another old game that you have fond memories of playing. You can actually load it up and it looks completely better than you remember it, and it holds up to other games of the next gen.
Someone hasn't gotten to the aliens yet

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
TF2, L4D, Cave Story, Chaos Project Beta

Rep:
Level 94
I've gotten to the aliens. I've beaten the game. I'm not saying that the game is perfect by any means. I'm just saying that too much of the talk about it has been about the graphics. For all it's faults, I still think it's a better game than people give it credit for.

Rep:
Level 84
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
I've gotten to the aliens. I've beaten the game. I'm not saying that the game is perfect by any means. I'm just saying that too much of the talk about it has been about the graphics. For all it's faults, I still think it's a better game than people give it credit for.
I'm with you on this one. The engine alone is incredible, and it will be the game's biggest legacy. Particle clouds, weather systems, bit-by-bit destructible buildings, light that filters through bullet holes in foliage, trees that aren't invincible(>_<).

Rep:
Level 84
now playing
resi outbreak
oblivion
ut3

Rep:
Level 84
Live it up!
Phantasy Star Portable (PSP)

My Blogsite