RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Dragonica is not always awesome.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Okay, major necro-post, but I feel that since it's related to the exact same topic, I might as well use this topic considering a lot of the information that people will ask for is already here.

So, I'm thinking of asking for more RAM for my computer (Dell Dimension 2400, read that it supports up to 2048 MB) because Dragonica takes up a deadly 500,000K of CPU Usage which I'm guessing is related to the amount of RAM it's using. So, hopefully that'd make it run smoother. ;-; If not, stop me right here, tell me to shut up, and save for a better computer (of course, that third one is still in progress, kinda >_>)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=2%2050001716%2040000147%201052307858&name=1GB&SpeTabStoreType=1

I'm looking for 1 GB, and I'm DDR. Idk how pins relate (I'm guessing I'm 184 since that's what the one Roph recommended last time was). But things seem to have gotten more expensive. ;-;

EDIT: Looked at crankeye's second site and these are results:
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/category/category_slc.asp?Lprice=0.01&Hprice=24.99&Nav=|c:147|&Sort=0&Recs=10
The prices are looking nicer. ;-; So for my computer, what'd be good? #3 and #4 are the only 1 GB RAM there is, and #3 is cheaper, but since they're only a couple of dollars apart, I wanted to know if quality was worth it. Or if it's just the design of the RAM that makes it more expensive. >_> Plus, it's apparently "Order today, Ship today" so that's pretty cool.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 02:32:00 PM by mastermoo420 »

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1170139&CatId=147

RAM prices are sometimes just bullshit, but there is more to memory than capacity and the clock speed.

Higher priced, higher quality memory will be able to reach higher clock speeds, have lower latency (expensive low latency 800Mhz ram can outperform cheap high latency 1066mhz ram) and also need less voltage, making it use less power and generate less heat.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 03:48:12 PM by Roph »
bringing sexy back

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
So, I'm guessing you're recommending that one. :P

And yeah, I've always known that more expensive memory can be better due to better quality. Just never knew what that meant until now. :P Thanks :)

EDIT: Reading up again on what you just said and looking back at the link I gave for choices showed me that I'd be paying a dollar more for that 24.99 RAM, lol. So the Corsair thang seems to be the way to go.

So, would getting RAM boost up computer speed for Dragonica? I'm guessing it would, but a check would be nice.

Also, for future knowledge, lower CAS Latency and lower V is better, right?

EDIT:
DDR only goes up to 400Mhz. :P Okay.
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1170139&CatId=147
3 CAS Latency and 400Mhz.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820159107
2.5 CAS latency and 333Mhz.

Is 2.5 lat/333MhZ generally better than 3 lat/400Mhz? If not, ignore next question. :P

Are the extra $3 worth it? Considering I wouldn't need to fill out any rebate and it's only $3, it seems so (only if the 2.5 CAS is better)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 10:48:43 PM by mastermoo420 »

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Your computer is too shit for it to make any noticeable difference.
bringing sexy back

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Ahahaha okay then. Sounds reasonable.

kikiki
Rep:
Level 84
Hi
well i only have 740 MB of RAM and Dragonica lags a little.

Hi

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
I can play Dragonica okay, but it's not desirable. I want lagless. Internet's not a problem. It's a problem with my computer.

Either that or it's that the server's in Singapore or w/e, and my computer has to try really hard to try to connect to there like that. >_>

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
BUMP: I found this - It says this RAM (which I found to be the best price out of everything I've looked for if you count the rebate):
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1170139&csid=ITD&body=REVIEWS#tabs

Will run at PC2100... That's 333Mhz, right? Is it still the whole "my computer's too crappy to make a difference" or is it worth looking for something that's still PC3200 for a coupla dollars?

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
o_o You sure you're looking at the right stuff?

ALSO, I found out that my computer just simply runs at 333Mhz or w/e, so there's no way around it. Cheapest price it is.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Oh. >_> You never specified the 1066Mhz. That's, like, more than the speed of my RAM. >_> This computer only uses 333Mhz, even if the RAM is 400Mhz.

Also, HUZZAH:
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4222291&pagenumber=2&RSort=1&csid=ITD&recordsPerPage=5&body=#ReviewStart

$40 RAM on TigerDirect shot down to $20. And it's not looking bad, considering it'll fit my computer well.

kikiki
Rep:
Level 84
Hi
Wow. Dragonica still lags on a 1GB RAM.
Hi

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Lag was greatly reduced recently since there's very little people on. Plus, the server's in Singapore or w/e so it affects it a lot.

kikiki
Rep:
Level 84
Hi
Lag was greatly reduced recently since there's very little people on. Plus, the server's in Singapore or w/e so it affects it a lot.
O_O

holy shite, that's on the other side of the world for me.  :o
Hi

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
It's on the other side of the world for most of us dude. Or at least not in our backyard for sure. Also, I'm sure you've heard about the earthquake that took out an underwater cable that was feeding us to that server. We got rerouted through a smaller and full of more traffic cable which we suffer in lag in-game. It's gotten much better for me though in the past couple days. So they might have fixed it or rerouted again to a better cable or something.

Rep:
Level 86
Sonic Dog -> Light Spear -> Overlimit -> Slash
Just so you guys know, the THQ Ice beta servers opened yesterday (Based in North America). It might be worth checking out, though we'd lose the characters we have now, and there's no guarantee that we won't get wiped when they shed the beta title.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
I've read someplace on the forum there that they won't be wiping characters. Just things that won't be allowed in not beta. I guess some cash items and stuff. Cool that the USA server is open. We'll have to check it out. I'll probably make something on it for the sake of not bitching because I'm lagging perhaps. I won't be making a warrior though ._. Maybe a thief. They have cool outfits.

kikiki
Rep:
Level 84
Hi
Huh, that's cool that they opened the USA server.
At least I might suffer less lag...
Hi

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
I think we should move to the US server. D:

Rep:
Level 89
where is the other servers located anyways?

My computer runs the game runs fine with little lag.I only have 1gb of ram.

Spoiler for Specs (If it helps):
CPU
AMD Athlon(TM) 64 Processor 4000+
2.61 GHz Performance Rated at 4.00 GHz
RAM
895 MB DDR2 Dual Channel
Video Card
NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT
Video RAM:694 MB
Video Card 3D Acceleration
Video HW Transform & Lighting
Vertex Shader Version 4.0
Pixel Shader Version 4.0

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
They are located in the USA. In game though, I haven't looked. I haven't had a solid internet connection for longer than a 5-10 minute time span from all this rain and shit. We had a tornado touch down or almost touch down yesterday.

Rep:
Level 86
Sonic Dog -> Light Spear -> Overlimit -> Slash
IAH - Singapore (Asia)

gPotato - Europe-ish

THQ - North America

Why they need 3 different servers for the same game is beyond me, but that's just how they roll.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Well, the closer the server, the faster it is for the people in those areas, durr. :P