RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Favourite Game

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
Apparently some of you don't understand what

No lists of 100 fucking games. Make a decision. I will allow for a maximum of three games, provided none of those games are in the same genre, or a maximum of two games in one genre.

means.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
sorry i can't narrow down my favorites to three

besides no one cares irock

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
Then don't post. ?_?

He pretty much made it clear that this was a favorite game topic, not a big list consisting of games of the same genre and series. I really doubt you're unable to at least respect the thread owner's intention and make an attempt to actually eliminate some of those games, rather than listing a bunch of series.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
RESPECT ME!!!!!!!!!!!!  :mad::police:

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Then don't post. ?_?

He pretty much made it clear that this was a favorite game topic, not a big list consisting of games of the same genre and series. I really doubt you're unable to at least respect the thread owner's intention and make an attempt to actually eliminate some of those games, rather than listing a bunch of series.

Stop being a little bitch.

Rep:
Level 89

lol it's not that you 'could' sit there and play it for hours, it's that you wouldn't get anything done if you didn't play it for hours at a time.

the story wasn't very memorable, it was kinda flat, and not as well developed as some of the other stories out there.  Characters didn't really develop and Vaan kinda pissed me off.

Balthier is still a total badass though.
you got a point. I didn't play the game for the story. If you were play the game for story,then you could beat the game in 10 hours at the least.

It bothered me that FF12 had none of the characters represented any classes from the earlier games. All the games in the FF series had some resemblance if it was a familiar boss or summon. They where no summons from any other FF game. Their was no Bahamut who is a huge figure the series. This game sucked as to term of being a console FF or main series FF game.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
There sort of was. The Sky Fortress Bahamut. I haven't actually played the game, but I remember that from watching a friend. It's not a summon or anything, but the name is there.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
The summons were there. Just no one ever used them. They don't last long enough and they don't serve much of a purpose. The classes were there, but only when you first got a character. Just the longer you played, the more unclassifiable you make the characters.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII

When the dawn breaks...
Rep:
Level 88
...tonight will be just another memory.
The summons were there. Just no one ever used them. They don't last long enough and they don't serve much of a purpose. The classes were there, but only when you first got a character. Just the longer you played, the more unclassifiable you make the characters.

Agreed. When you got to the higher levels you would have so many spaces on the licence board unlocked each character could, basically, use any spell and ability, and equip any weapon or armour piece! But the way you set up the gambits is important too, having 3 character with the same gambits won't work well on the tougher enemies.. :=:

Rep:
Level 84
Hmm based on hours played (because its the only way I can choose) I would have to say my fav is either pokemon crystal or FFX.

I've spent 180 hours approx on each game.

although I dont think I'd play FFX again for a long while but I  would easily pick up crystal and play it again if I knew where my gameboy was.

so I guess pokemon crystal would be my fav

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
:tinysmile:

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
so I guess pokemon crystal would be my fav
Awesome.

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
Realms of Everquest: Champions of Norrath.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Norrath was a ripoff of Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance. Now there are a bunch of games in that Action/Rpg/Dungeon Crawler/Fetch Quest genre. If you like it, check out the Dark Alliance series, Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel, X-Men Legends, and if you have a PSP, try the Untold Legends games, or Dungeon Siege: Throne of Agony. These games are fun for a while, but are really thin and basically level grinds.

Rep: +0/-0Level 81
Breath of Fire III is damn the best game I've ever played. I love it so much I'm trying to make my version of it in XP, but I suck  ;D Anyway, Peco and Gaist are the coolest there.
I Love you MGS! :D

Rep:
Level 97
Kind of a necro, but I love this thread so I don't care.

Betrayal at Krondor is still my favourite game, but I think I'll add Dragon Age as my favourite game to come out within the last five years.

Rep: +0/-0Level 75
Hello everyone ^_^
chrono trigger, star ocean 2, secret of mana, zelda ocarina of time, tales of.... (phantasia/symphonia)

... i like rpg's... ^_^
RPMG2k forever!

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Ocarina of Time is hands down the best game ever made. EVER.

It was my first ever Zelda game, and the first game I ever actually owned.*All my other games were my brother's.* I got it for my birthday when I was 7. I played it all the time. Except when I got to Dampe's grave. I was too afraid to go in myself, so I got my brother to do it for me. Same for the well. I was also strangely frightened by that scientist guy's house. ._.'

The Spirit Temple was my favorite. No idea why. I think it might've been the music.

Oh, and I didn't really realize that this topic was so old, but it was on the 1st page and there wasn't really a thread like it so I hope no one minds. ^^;

Rep:
Level 84
Is a New Zealander
I'm aways a few years late with games, haha. just played through CoD4: Modern Warfare. I have to say, I was thoroughly impressed. I gave it two run throughs, one on Medium then again on Veteran. (Managed to beat Mile High Club on vet too)

Overall, I was quite impressed, graphics were great, gameplay was solid, controls were great. My only issue was the forever respawning NPCs at certain parts.
I'm much too lazy to put an actual signature here.

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
Either a Harvest Moon game or FFT: War of the Lions. Tales of Phantasia would have to be pretty close too. Same with Boktai 2: Solar Boy Django.

Rep:
Level 84
This may be cheating or whatever, but I am going to list 2 games that I cannot decide between.

Metroid Prime Trilogy (Prime 1 being my favorite in it)
And Metroid Other M

Can't decide which one I like more, so I'll put both.

RMRK Junior
The Witcher.

Take that you effing Xbox and you just as effing Playstation. Only us PC users have this (awesome) game. :P
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 12:15:46 PM by Thurinn »

Rep:
Level 94
Yeah, the Witcher was a great game. It's too bad that it took so long to patch the inanities out of it. I bet it would've been better seen in the eyes of critics if not for the game-ending bugs pre-patch.

RMRK Junior
Yeah, the Witcher was a great game. It's too bad that it took so long to patch the inanities out of it. I bet it would've been better seen in the eyes of critics if not for the game-ending bugs pre-patch.
True.

I was fortunate enough to get a copy of it made already after the patches fixed up all the bugs, so I didn't have the problems I know other people had.

Like a friend of mine, he had to download patch after patch as soon as they came out to normally play it.