RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Favourite Game

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
I would say that a favorite should be able to stand the test of time. Give it a year, and see if Fallout 3 is still your favorite.
Or maybe it should just be the one you enjoy playing most. ?_?

Go see how many people who considered Super Smash Bros. Brawl as their favorite game when it first came out still consider it their favorite.
I never considered it my favorite game. I don't know anyone who did either.

lol k i just realised someone in this topic did
lol
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
I beat Fallout 3 last week and it's still my favorite game. ;]

When the dawn breaks...
Rep:
Level 88
...tonight will be just another memory.
1) Command & Conquer: Tiberium Sun (+expansion)

2) Worms 4 (They just get better and better. And whats really better then blowing worms up?!)

3) This one is close but... Just about any Total War game goes here. (Except Medieval I - it sucked.)(Can't wait for Empire!!)

And Fallout 3 is ok but I think it get's slightly repetitive (Although Bottlecap Mine + Perk:Bloody Mess + Large group of anything = FUN!!)

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
1) Command & Conquer: Tiberium Sun (+expansion)

2) Worms 4 (They just get better and better. And whats really better then blowing worms up?!)

3) This one is close but... Just about any Total War game goes here. (Except Medieval I - it sucked.)(Can't wait for Empire!!)

And Fallout 3 is ok but I think it get's slightly repetitive (Although Bottlecap Mine + Perk:Bloody Mess + Large group of anything = FUN!!)
How is it repetitive ?_?

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
FF9    *Favorite

other favorites:
-Legend of Zelda series
-FF12
-Legend of Dragoon
-FF4
-FF10
-FF7
-Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2

In that order.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 06:26:55 PM by grafikal006 »

When the dawn breaks...
Rep:
Level 88
How is it repetitive ?_?

Because the fun of killing things only lasts so long... and I did say slightly repetitive anyway - there's still lots to do.

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
-FF9
-Legend of Zelda series
-FF12
-Legend of Dragoon
-FF4
-FF10
-FF7
-Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2

In that order.

lol i'm not sure whether to hate or love you for that list, grafikal  :tpg:

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\

Rep:
Level 84
Breath of Fire III
-Arus Jeim-

Deep Dungeon: Hero of the Trine Seal
                  12% Completion

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
Love me.

How about we be acquaintances

which we are anyhow, but it seems rather middle ground .-.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
i hate him for it, because FF12 is TERRIBLE. Kotor used a similar battle system better and several years BEFORE those hacks made the watered down shit version of it in ff12

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
No. Love me.

Also, anyone heard anything about The Last Remnant? I got it on black friday but haven't played it since it's apparently now supposed to be a Christmas gift. The battlesystem looks good. It might be my new favorite. When I ever get to play it...

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
i really don't hate you Graf i just think FF12 is utter garbage.

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
No. Love me.

Also, anyone heard anything about The Last Remnant? I got it on black friday but haven't played it since it's apparently now supposed to be a Christmas gift. The battlesystem looks good. It might be my new favorite. When I ever get to play it...

WELL FINE THEN  :mad:

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
i really don't hate you Graf i just think FF12 is utter garbage.

I just really liked balanced ABS/TBS battles it had, and hunting was fun. I don't even recall the plot at the moment, I spent most of the time hunting.

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
-FF9 - Good.
-Legend of Zelda series - Pick a favourite  :mad:
-FF12 - Really, really awful.
-Legend of Dragoon - Fine.
-FF4 - Good.
-FF10 - Good. Sometimes bad.
-FF7 - Overrated. Not so bad; terrible fanbase though.
-Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2 - First is good; second is not. Fanbase sucks too.

In that order.

It's hard to dislike your taste in Final Fantasy games because you like good, bad and somewhere-in-between games.

Rep:
Level 89
I liked FF12. this was one of those game that i could just sit there and play this game for hours. This game was unique in the way the battle system ran. The problem in the game was the license system and summons. Summons lasted a very limited time which sucked. The game should of stuck with everyone being able to choose summons at any given time depending on there mp. License system should of never existed. It was useless. Another that's annoying is that the really powerful weapons were found at random.
It sucks that one of my files could never get the strongest weapon in the game because you opened chest that you shouldn't of opened. overall the is okay but they should thought of the game more than the cutscenes.

i would give the game a 6.5/10

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
-FF9 - Good.
-Legend of Zelda series - Pick a favourite  :mad:
-FF12 - Really, really awful.
-Legend of Dragoon - Fine.
-FF4 - Good.
-FF10 - Good. Sometimes bad.
-FF7 - Overrated. Not so bad; terrible fanbase though.
-Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2 - First is good; second is not. Fanbase sucks too.

In that order.

It's hard to dislike your taste in Final Fantasy games because you like good, bad and somewhere-in-between games.

I lol'd for some reason. hah

:O, and I don't have a favorite Zelda game, but I didn't like Windwaker.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 02:56:05 AM by grafikal006 »

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
I liked FF12. this was one of those game that i could just sit there and play this game for hours. This game was unique in the way the battle system ran. The problem in the game was the license system and summons. Summons lasted a very limited time which sucked. The game should of stuck with everyone being able to choose summons at any given time depending on there mp. License system should of never existed. It was useless. Another that's annoying is that the really powerful weapons were found at random.
It sucks that one of my files could never get the strongest weapon in the game because you opened chest that you shouldn't of opened. overall the is okay but they should thought of the game more than the cutscenes.

Should have*

Game has no story and no character development. Gameplay felt like a single player MMO. It sucked.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
I loved it, actually. I thought it was better than every one of them that was on the PSX and PS2.

When the dawn breaks...
Rep:
Level 88
I didn't think it was too bad, not the best final fantasy by any means but not terrible. I for one enjoyed the licence system, it added something to make it different from other FFs and it's almost (almost that is) fun getting the LPs to unlock that weapon you picked up some time ago. It does have a ok story, if a bit cliche, but we will live.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
anyway, my opinion is that 12 is pure and utter garbage, It sits on my shelf in its case it well never again see the inside of my ps2, anything you say will not change my mind.

As for my favorite games, Metal Gear Solid Series, Xenogears (saga blows :mad:) Half-life 2, Morrowind, Call of Duty series, and in terms of multiplayer Halo CE (i still can't run it on the pc, so don't ask), and the Fallout series 1 2 and 3, haven't played tactics and Fallout:BoS was even worse than FF12.

Edit: Almost forgot the best SNES rpg EVER CHRONO TRIGGER
« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 05:26:36 PM by Strike Reyhi »

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween

lol it's not that you 'could' sit there and play it for hours, it's that you wouldn't get anything done if you didn't play it for hours at a time.

the story wasn't very memorable, it was kinda flat, and not as well developed as some of the other stories out there.  Characters didn't really develop and Vaan kinda pissed me off.

Balthier is still a total badass though.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
I always used that other guy... I can't even remember his name lol. The dude that you pick up at the prison. My party was always Vaan, that guy, and that chick (the queen). I'm positive my 3 reserve characters were never past level 20. I always played with my three main. Got them to like 80? or something. I dunno. I forget it's been a while.