RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Midnight - Enter the Survival Horror (DEMO + Teaser Trailer)

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
Feel free. It's actually really fun, and I'd love to see it in another game.

And for the second medallion, you'll need to head to the basement. I'll give you a BIG hint as to where to find look...

Rep:
Level 87
Code Geass = Best show EVER XD
Project of the Month winner for May 2008
XD I'll give that a try when I get another chance ;D

Wandering Artist
Rep:
Level 86
You got a problem? Fix by yourself.
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
Aw Zylos, you made me curious... I think there should be an explanation about the island. Why it's haunted and crawled with zombies. You wouldn't let us dying with curiosity would you?

Oh yeah, now I see your point about that pic on my pb. Those pics aren't me, "me" means "megumi",
my assistant, I called her Me-chan. I was too lazy to write it all. =P
« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 01:43:56 AM by emidy »

Rep:
Level 90
Returned from the dead.
My god. The only thing separating me from this is a hate of horrors.
Looking good. :P
Sincerely,
Your conscience.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
@Emidy - If I gave all the plot details away now, what fun would there be to my game? You'll just have to wait like everybody else; and if you die of curiousity, I'm sure I can find some room for you somewhere in my game.

@Rune - Give it a try anyways. You might find that you like it.

Rep:
Level 90
Returned from the dead.
Heh, I might do... hell, I got scared of Scary Movie 3, nightmares for three nights xD
But if it's got nothing that kinda jumps out at you and freaks you out, I might give it a try :P
Sincerely,
Your conscience.

Rep:
Level 88
Illuminaudio
Heh, I might do... hell, I got scared of Scary Movie 3, nightmares for three nights xD

I was too scared to go anywhere near that.
Yanno, for fear that the idiocy was contagious.

Rep:
Level 87
Code Geass = Best show EVER XD
Project of the Month winner for May 2008
meh, I wouldn't want to be in a game like this anyways. lol, I'd rather be someone that actually lives for once XD

on the other hand, I was kindof disappointed when the Asian one was locked inside a room, I mean, seriously, you'd think with all our abilities at math we'd know how to at least use the dam door :(

Rep:
Level 85
I am the flame beneath the darkness...
This game is pure genuis.  ;D
I like the idea of the game, and how it has been built, good luck! XD

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
@monkeydlu -
Spoiler for:
He locked himself into that room to escape from the zombies. He thought he would be safe...until it came crashing through the window behind him, taking him by surprise, and...well, you know what happened next.

@Flermza - Why, thank you!

Rep:
Level 88
EVIL DOGGY!!!! CATS RULE!
Wow, very impressive. First horror game I've seen on RMRK where I'm actually interested. I'm downloading the demo as we speak, I can't wait to play. I'll give you a full feedback once I finish. If I spot any bugs I'll be sure to tell you ^^
DO NOT LOOK HERE!!!!!
WHY DID YOU LOOK!!! YOU DISOBEDIENT FOOL

Rep:
Level 90
Returned from the dead.
 Right, I've decided to give this a shot. Will download now. ;)

~Edit
Tried playing it, when I select New Game, I get a hanging script error.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 04:16:51 PM by Rune »
Sincerely,
Your conscience.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
Yes, apparently some computers can't handle the M7 intro, so you'll be wanting to use this version of the demo.

http://rapidshare.com/files/96834140/Midnight_Demo__No_M7_.exe.html

Rep:
Level 90
Returned from the dead.
Perfect, will download when I get back from my dad's ;)
Sincerely,
Your conscience.

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
I must say, I played it, & I can only say:

It's like a Combination of Indiana Jones with Kick-Ass House of the Dead Action nonstop!!! <3

This has been Approved By Caro Ru Lushe Herself D<

~ Caro Ru Lushe =3

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
Progress is slowgoing, thanks to real life issues, but my survival horror is still alive and kicking (zombie pun not intended). In the meantime for those of you who are interested, I've made a quick userbar/thing to put in signatures:

Code: [Select]
[url=http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,23239.0/all.html][img]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh99/Zylos_2007/Midnight_Userbar.png[/img][/url]

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
This is just a post to let you guys know that this project is not dead. It's just on semi-standby mode due to my involvement in the guilds and my real life work load. However, in what spare time I do have, I am still working on this.

Now then, due to a couple of people not being able to handle the mode seven introduction, I'm scraping the mode seven and am experimenting with a new introduction scene to replace it (one that better ties into the backstory of the game). Some of you may have already seen this in the screenshot thread.

It starts out as a black screen. Blood is dripping down as the camera pans slowly upwards to the bloody knife and the mysterious hand holding it (opening credits playing all the while). The hand pulls away and for a split second all is silent. Suddenly, the word "MIDNIGHT" is carved into the screen and blood is splattered everywhere. The screen fades, and we pick back up where the non-M7 version of the demo begins.

Rep:
Level 87
This game looks like it could turn out to be a excellent survival horror., you just proved that you can make a horror game with RMXP. I like this intro, with the blood dripping around, it gives a more meaning to the genre of horror for the game. I'll download the demo, when I have some free time, I just hope the complete version of the game would be worth playing.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 11:40:07 AM by DeathLockBM »

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
postin herr to say that your demo is borked =x
I press 'new game' and it plays the wave bgs, and then crashes with a 'script hanging' error

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
Yes, apparently some computers can't handle the M7 intro, so you'll be wanting to use this version of the demo.

http://rapidshare.com/files/96834140/Midnight_Demo__No_M7_.exe.html

I guess I forgot to update the first post. Just use this version and it'll play fine.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
my computer is teh suck  :tpg:

Rep:
Level 89
Let's attack agressively.
Just played it and it's awesome. Game has fail to scare me, even if it's a demo.  ;9
« Last Edit: April 28, 2008, 10:31:01 PM by AlienSoldier »

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Just played it and it's awesome. Game has fail to scare me, even if it's a demo.  ;9

Well, it's kinda hard to do with a 2d game.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 89
Let's attack agressively.
Yeah, you got to do the effects right. It won't make it really scary but may make you jump.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2008, 11:46:42 PM by AlienSoldier »

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
I quite enjoyed the demo so far, great work on the game Zylos ^-^