RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Midnight - Enter the Survival Horror (DEMO + Teaser Trailer)

Rep:
Level 88
Illuminaudio
Alright, sweet. This game makes me want to make a scary game, or something scary.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
Minor Update!

• Went beck and fixed several errors that have been bugging me for a while.
  • Thanks to Dertt, some of the monster sprites have been updated.
  • Added an extra health level and a posion status which will lower your health over time.
  • Changed battle system so that you can pivot on the spot with a gun.
  • Just for fun, I've added a secret playable character who may look very familiar...

Rep:
Level 87
"Dear diary, jack pot"
Hm, secret character -rubs chin- would it be you?  ;8 Darn the poison! You can't get away from it!

Also Dertt i know the feeling, I think your game Zylos is what made make my blood mansion thing.

Also i was playing the game (No A7 Mode) Demo and as i was in the basement and going back up to find the clue with clock the game froze just as i walked to the door. But note this may be just me and something i had might've caused this i'm going to go back and see if i can cause the error again to make sure it was just my fault.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2008, 11:27:58 PM by Ruzu »
Deceased, the memories of time flow ever lasting. Let the passion of the living and the dead touch you, and give you their wisdom.

I'd sooner die than leave your side, I'd sooner rust than let you die.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
Hm, secret character -rubs chin- would it be you?  ;8

...maybe...

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
Er, apparently my last post was lost in the crash, so for whoever was asking for help I'll just repost my advice: You need to head outside to the back courtyard. Once there, I'm positive you'll see quite clearly what to use the Crown Key (a.k.a. Fountain Key) on.

@Ruzu - Were you ever able to get that error again? Because I've gone through and I see nothing out of place.

Rep:
Level 87
"Dear diary, jack pot"
I didn't get it again.

But i did get a new problem, your missing a file where the armor guy is blocking the second floor. "Lancer" blah blah blah forgot what it was really.
Deceased, the memories of time flow ever lasting. Let the passion of the living and the dead touch you, and give you their wisdom.

I'd sooner die than leave your side, I'd sooner rust than let you die.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Writer2014 Best Counsel2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
FINISH THIS GAME FINISH THIS GAME FINISH THIS GAME FINISH THIS GAME FINISH THIS GAME
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
I dunno why, but I am tempted to play this for some "Ni Kai" Reason.

<shrugs>

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
@Ruzu - Okay, try this: http://rapidshare.com/files/96059709/Midnight_Demo__No_M7_.exe.html

@Anski - Have patience; I promise it will be released sometime this year.

@Caro Ru Lushe - What's "Ni Kai"?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2008, 02:47:36 AM by Zylos »

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
Standing for "When They Cry/Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni" for some reason >__>;; (What I also have in my Avatar is related, thou, it ain't as pretty as that. >.>:;

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
If you want to fix errors I found a big one with the Garod scene. I'm not sure how I managed it, but I saved right before the scene and I have tried various methods to get it to run right but it never does. I did not kill the zombie down the hall, so I exit the save room and nothing happens. I think that is where the event is supposed to happen. It doesn't so I go down and kill the zombie. The animation happens right when I kill the zombie, and unfortunately I am almost always in Garod's path, so I have to turn my game off and try again because he does not have a 'ignore if can't move' and the event gets stuck. (I eventually got my way through it by making sure I would not be in Garod's way.) While trying to figure this error out, I found another error. If I enter the library instead of killing the zombie, the library scene after seeing Garod occurs and I never see Garod at all. I found my way through it, but I thought you might want to know that if you do not kill all the zombies beforehand this error occurs.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
Thanks for letting me know about those errors. This version should have those fixed, if you'd like to transfer your saves.

http://rapidshare.com/files/96834140/Midnight_Demo__No_M7_.exe.html
« Last Edit: March 03, 2008, 10:26:54 PM by Zylos »

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Writer2014 Best Counsel2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
Various Writings to Midnight

[A written letter found on a blood covered boat drifting from Devil's Island.]

Whoever finds this, please, destroy Devil's Island. The owner has to be dead, just firebomb it please.

But to begin with. I am Maxin Franzen, an artist from Chicago. My boat wandered upon Devil's Island.
If only if I hadn't. The moment I stepped onto that Island, I knew that I needed to leave. I went into the mansion,

and...

well what else is there to say?

I moved into the entryway in the mansion, and instantly was attacked. I got away, bleeding, beaten, and bruised. I'm now laying here on the bottom of my boat under the tarpaulin, and ther

[The rest of the text is unreadable, washed away by blood.]

-

[Poem inside the mansion]

Let me begin, let me end,
Some men wait, some men die.
The survivors must lend
if only to my surprise.

-

[Caption on a painting]

Of God and Men. 1797.

-

[Words etched into a wall]

Savemesavemesavemesaveme

-

[Note from Rasse Johanssan, carved into a wooden desk]

This desk is locked and the key was dropped into the basement.

I can't go get it, i'm too injured...

:3 You could incorporate these into Midnight somehow, just as an extra, things that won't mess with the plot of the game, right?
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
Sure, why not. I might not word it exactly the same  as you did, but I'll fit it in there anyway just for the fun of it. I've already got some hidden references to Skanker, Irock, and Emidy, so adding another one shouldn't be too hard.

Wandering Artist
Rep:
Level 86
You got a problem? Fix by yourself.
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
Huh? Why me? Don’t tell me because I was searching for someone there who stole my ice cream… >_>

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
Lol, no. But there's a certain painting of a woman named "Emily Athrylith" that might look strangely familiar...

Spoiler for:

Hm. Where have I seen her before...?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2008, 01:24:52 PM by Zylos »

Wandering Artist
Rep:
Level 86
You got a problem? Fix by yourself.
Who's that? O_o
Hmm.... too bad, that's not me. =)

Spoiler for:
Now that I think of it.. I don't have any pic of me for this past few years... >_>
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 02:14:29 AM by emidy »

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
Quick announcement.

I'm currently multitasking my GIAW entry and a shitload of midterms right now, and right afterward I'll be heading home for spring break, meaning that I won't have a chance to work on Midnight until I come back. But right after that, I'll be setting up a semi-closed testing session. I'll make a seperate thread for this later, but this is just an FYI in advance for anyone who wants help out. The only requirement I'll have is that you have at least 150 posts or more here on RMRK.

@Emidy - Are you SURE that's not you? It's tagged as "me" in your PB gallery.

I am dushbag
Rep:
Level 86
Awesome Game :D

Heh everytime I go by this river I think about this game.

Mainly because the main characters last name is the same name as the river :D

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
The only requirement I'll have is that you have at least 150 posts or more here on RMRK.

I'm so signing up, I think I have 150 post... I'm not sure.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
lol, yes I think you have enough posts, BOE. :V

The only reason I want people to have 150+ posts is so I know that you are moderately dedicated to RMRK and trustworthy enough not take the link and post it on some other site saying "Hey guys! Look at this great game I made!". Plus it makes sure that I don't get flooded with PM's from noobs saying "OMG! i wan 2 tes ur game!"

But yeah, tests will be coming up in about 2 weeks or so.

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
You're welcome to PM me a test when it comes out.

Rep:
Level 87
Code Geass = Best show EVER XD
Project of the Month winner for May 2008
I'd love to test it, I forgot to tell you that I played through your demo, I couldn't really find a clear ending, but I got past where the guy who was trapped on the island gets killed by something big.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
Yeah, people have told about that before. In truth, there is no actual ending to the demo (something I forgot to put in at the time I was making it  :-[). I guess you can consider the demo "over" when you've used the two medallions.

Rep:
Level 87
Code Geass = Best show EVER XD
Project of the Month winner for May 2008
I only found the one from the bust D:

btw, that was a GREAT mini game, the hallway with the spikes and everything. You don't mind if I borrow the idea a bit do you? XD