RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Clericus - New screenshots showing updated features! LOOK AT THEM, DAMMIT

Rep:
Level 88
Illuminaudio
*Compulsory double-post to bump topic so that passers-by can see it's been updated*
check in the first post u guyz
Also, check this out.

Edit: I just remembered, it's supposed to say "Do You Know What It Means To Die For Your Country," not "Do You Know What It's Like et al."
But I still think it looks pretty cool.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2008, 10:59:15 PM by Dertt »

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
The font is a bit too hard to read on that background. Try a different colour maybe?

Rep:
Level 88
Illuminaudio
The text in the background is hard to read on the map, or the text in the foreground is hard to read atop the underlying text?

Rep:
Level 87
Code Geass = Best show EVER XD
Project of the Month winner for May 2008
I think he means the "Do know know..." Part, it's just a bit hard to read, had to squint a bit though XD

Rep:
Level 86
"Transmission Booting"
 :mex:Holy Crap.
Wow.
WOW.
"End Of Transmission"

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
Any chance of seeing the demo soon?

Rep:
Level 88
Illuminaudio
Oh, sorry for the lack of updates, everyone. I had to postpone production for a second in lieu of schoolwork. Spring Break is now upon me, though, and production is to be resumed.
Now everyone shower me with encouragement so that I remain somewhat motivated.

Also, if anyone would like to offer suggestions regarding plot structure, character development, side quests, or minute facts on Peridani culture, please PM me asking for a more complete (ie: spoiler-laden) game bio, which I will then send to you so you may review, revise, and/or repudiate it.

k

Rep:
Level 88
Illuminaudio
Double post!

Alright srsly you guys. I need comments.

Also, here are a few of the new weapons in the game:

Rep:
Level 86
Ok, my last comment was kinda random.
You're doing an awesome job on this game. Keep at it.
Maybe for a sidequest you could have:
NPC: Town Soldier (Or Something Like That)
Summary: Kill 5 Wasps.
Dialogue: Soldier: Hmph? You're \n[1], right?
                             I've heard about you from the other guards.
                             Apparently you're quite the hero. Prove it.
                Soldier: Go into the forest (or something like that) and slay 5 wasps.
                             Bring me their stings and I'll acknowledge your "heroic" status.
                 Show Choices:
                    Accept Quest
                        Soldier: Great, then! Off you go.
                    Decline Quest
                         Soldier: Yeah, I thought so.

Quest Reward: X exp.
                         X gold.

Rep:
Level 88
Illuminaudio
Thanks.
I just put a soldier in the first town who issues a challenge to kill five wasps.
That's kind of short and simplistic, though. Is there anything relatively big that you'd like to do?

Anyway, there's now a section of the game where you play as Kieran,

and I've implemented a new character, Alessa, who is of a new class called Acolyte. Acolytes can use both swords and spears, and her battler actually changes according to which of the two you have equpped:

There's a new item obtainable through side quests called "Asp's Nectar," a very potent liquor. When you drink it, the screen becomes foggy, your status changes to "Drunk," and there are a number of humourous side effects. For example, when the player's status is "Drunk," an old man may appear as a young woman, and what is normally a dog appears as Arshes, but still only barks when you interact with it.
There's also a Sobering Mixture, in case you're between towns or something and have no bed where you can sleep it off.

I'm currently re-mapping every town and moving every face graphic down closer to the dialog box, in addition to regular mapping, writing, and eventing, but if the demo's not out by the beginning of may, you can literally sue me.

And sewiously, our hero's path is currently kind of discombobulated; I've only worked out the major plot points with no real idea of how the journey itself should go. You see, this is my first time making a game, and as such, I'm not really sure how to write it. I'm writing it like a novel, developing the story as a series of major events, whereas videogames are all about the paths between the plot points.

Thanks once again to everyone who bothers to check this thread when it's updated.

Rep:
Level 86
Awesome Acolyte Sprites :D
Nothing major to add... Just the little side quest.
I Lurv Teh Drunk Idea :3

Rep:
Level 87
wow, that is a VERY nicely organized sheet of weapons, good job. And a great change of Avi XD

Rep:
Level 88
Illuminaudio
Thanks.
And yeah, but every time I look at it, I can almost hear Angie yelling at me.

I'm thinking about actually making Clericus more story-based than gameplay-based. What do people think of that idea?

Rep:
Level 88
Illuminaudio

Rep:
Level 87
"Dear diary, jack pot"
Nice stuff Dertt, since I like lot of things about this project i'll add one to my siggy.

Thanks.
And yeah, but every time I look at it, I can almost hear Angie yelling at me.

I'm thinking about actually making Clericus more story-based than gameplay-based. What do people think of that idea?

I think it's a good idea, also different creation style for different people. If it works for you go for it.
Also I like the weapon sheet it's really cool.

Deceased, the memories of time flow ever lasting. Let the passion of the living and the dead touch you, and give you their wisdom.

I'd sooner die than leave your side, I'd sooner rust than let you die.

Rep:
Level 87
The one who shot the sheriff AND the deputy!
Project of the Month winner for June 2008Project of the Month winner for May 2008
Just watched the preview. It was pretty good.  :) The only thing I recommend is to work on mapping. But you have already stated that you're doing that. Haha.

Another thing you might want to do (It's not important though. XD) is make the faceset backgrounds transparent, or add some kind of frame around them.

Other than that, it was great. I really like your story. I'll add one of your support bars to my sig. :)
I SUPPORT:

Rep:
Level 88
Illuminaudio
Thank you! Finally... you're awesome.

Which maps seemed like they needed help?

Rep:
Level 87
The one who shot the sheriff AND the deputy!
Project of the Month winner for June 2008Project of the Month winner for May 2008
I'd say probably the battle field and that cave with the mage guy and the darkness animation. The battle field really only needs some more stuff around like rocks, dirt, maybe some plants.
I SUPPORT:

Rep:
Level 88
Illuminaudio
Ah, alright. Those two maps will actually appear in the demo, but I was focusing my remapping on towns and building interiors, so I guess I'll give some attention to caves, battlefields, and the like.

Rep:
Level 88
Illuminaudio
Updated logo:

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
The logo looks really good.

Rep:
Level 87
niiice, good job, that looks great XD

Rep:
Level 86
This part of me, I choose not to see.
That logo looks both bogus and excellent ;)

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Oh wow, did you make the logo yourself?
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.