RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Clericus - New screenshots showing updated features! LOOK AT THEM, DAMMIT

Rep:
Level 88
Illuminaudio
The new screen shots are rather nice, but i question to know why the Young Noble Sprite is selling drinks.

And the nun is running the BlackJack table.

Rep:
Level 87
"Dear diary, jack pot"
o_o ooooookay, weird Nun lolz.
Deceased, the memories of time flow ever lasting. Let the passion of the living and the dead touch you, and give you their wisdom.

I'd sooner die than leave your side, I'd sooner rust than let you die.

Rep:
Level 87
Code Geass = Best show EVER XD
Project of the Month winner for May 2008
ah, I likes xD

I've been wanting to comment, but I wanted to wait till I've tried something of yours first, sorry, I havn't been able to find the time yet x.x

But the new screen shots do look nice, btw, your world map is really kick ass XD

how did you get the choices to show up in a box ???

Rep:
Level 88
Illuminaudio
how did you get the choices to show up in a box ???

Ccoa's message system. It's cool that you're interested, since your own game looks brilliant.

o_o ooooookay, weird Nun lolz.

In Bearsden's mead hall a little kid is serving drinks as well, and Bearsden's BlackJack parlour is run by a little kid.
I didn't want to actually use the "bartender" sprite as a bartender for the mead hall, so I went cycling through all of my character sets until I landed on a random child. I then decided it'd be amusing if all such occupations were held by "unlikely" characters.
Then, if you think about it, in the middle ages many of these jobs (like handling drinks in a tavern or for the king's subjects) were carried out by children. 

Rep:
Level 87
so unfair...I don't use it...can't find it either, it's no longer on hbgames.org, could you link me to somewhere else I can find it? D:

Also downloading the game now ^_^

Rep:
Level 88
Illuminaudio
so unfair...I don't use it...can't find it either, it's no longer on hbgames.org, could you link me to somewhere else I can find it? D:

I'll PM it to you once I'm able to figure out what the hell happened when my laptop updated Firefox.
I'll also upload some screenshots of the menu and the new title screen.

Hope you like the trailer or whatever Clericus-related thing it is you may be downloading.

Rep:
Level 87
I jsut watched both the teaser and the trailor....

They were very good. I'm more interested in this project for sure. I got a few shivers down my spine as well, you did a good job on it. heh, not much to say but alot to say? good job, I'm going to be playing the next demo XD

Rep:
Level 88
Illuminaudio
I jsut watched both the teaser and the trailor....
I got a few shivers down my spine as well

Mind if I ask what parts induced those?
That's probably the biggest compliment this project has received.

Rep:
Level 87
the overly exaturated and dramatic booms of characters changing, the words popping up on the screen, idk, I really bought into that. It was a bit off but at the same time it was just what it needed.

They did their job well, I got to know a bit about the main character, saw him interact with the sub character, the lancer, and even a little humor with the knight thing.

The antagonists were flashed in, and it's unclear, it game me some excitement. At first when I looked at the project, the rtp and the off colors did turn me off a bit, but looking at the two trailers, this thing's really got a style of it's own.

If I had one thing I would say to improve, is probably the mapping, and change the window skin. The window skin, actually, yeah, I didn't like it at first, but in all seriousness, it really is unique. Hm...Tacky, yes, thats the word, it's superbly tacky. I bought into it, good message, good presentation, overly dramatic and so much mist on the path that it gives just the right amount of suspense and enough of a explanation that it gives interest. The tacky colors just makes is enjoyable, I enjoyed watching em'

Rep:
Level 88
Illuminaudio
Haha, the colour scheme of the windowskin is meant to reflect the sky in the title graphic and game icon.

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
Wow!  Screenshots looking so much better!  <3

But I am not very fond of the gradient used for the windows.  :(

Rep:
Level 88
Illuminaudio
What's so bad about it?  ???

Rep:
Level 86
Ur awesome Dertt.
Monkeys work better than zombies.

Rep:
Level 88
Illuminaudio

Rep:
Level 87
yes, lol.

You've inspired me, I wanna make a real teaser now too :tpg:

Rep:
Level 87
Oh, wow. That looks phenomenal. Maybe I should move to XP when I'm done?

Good work! ^5

Rep:
Level 88
Illuminaudio
Wow, thanks you guys!

I'm going to spend the majority of Monday restructuring old maps and reworking old events, so hopefully I can have a serious demo before February lets out. I'll be sure to post some screenshots of the revised maps.

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
Alright, unlike the rest of these people, I'm going to be frank and give you some negative comments.

1) I've only downloaded the trailer, and I don't plan to download the teaser. I was disappointed.
2) Pace was horrible. If that was the opening scene, scrap it immediately. It moved way too fast, we don't know anything that's going on. Even games which have no huge opening scene, and just throw you in to the action, make it clear what's going on.
3) Your facesets are the worst I've ever seen. You make them so big, they make it hard to see the map, and in some cases, characters.

Overall, the thing was too fast, and not well presented. It needs to move much slower. Do some work on your cutscenes.

EDIT: Also, I've noticed you played around with some words I said, remove that quote you have in your signature, I've never said that about your game, only a screenshot.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 04:08:26 PM by Falcon »

Rep:
Level 88
Illuminaudio
Okay, that was entirely negative, and failed to even offer suggestions as to how I could improve. It comes across less like criticism and more like you outlining a thesis on why my game sucks. Also, usually people have some sort of discretion or respect for the effort that went into the product, and briefly discuss some aspect that they enjoyed.

2) Pace was horrible. If that was the opening scene, scrap it immediately. It moved way too fast, we don't know anything that's going on. Even games which have no huge opening scene, and just throw you in to the action, make it clear what's going on.

If you're talking about the part where the messenger hops up and says "I'm going to tell you about stuff," there is no context to that, it's just part of an intro sequence that explains the story. It's not in the story itself.
In the actual game, immediately after "You need a cause to serve," a series of pictures is shown, at a moderate pace, along with a narrative about the story.
It's just like how in some games, the backstory will be related to the player somehow, and then the real opening scene starts.
I have a sort of suspicion that you may have actually downloaded the teaser, in which case, I explained the context of that earlier in this thread, and it actually takes place at the beginning of chapter two.

3) Your facesets are the worst I've ever seen. You make them so big, they make it hard to see the map, and in some cases, characters.

Save for one of those, Kieran's, I didn't create those or even really alter them except to change the colour of Clark's wardrobe and hair. Those are the size that Naramura made them; however, they could easily be resized or maybe just moved further down on the screen.
You could have simply said you felt that I should make them smaller.

Overall, the thing was too fast, and not well presented. It needs to move much slower.

Trailers are supposed to be fast-paced, with quick cuts to the next clip. I took my cue from movie trailers, which are all presented exactly like that.
The teaser, which is an actual scene from the game, moves at a fairly slow pace.

EDIT: Also, I've noticed you played around with some words I said, remove that quote you have in your signature, I've never said that about your game, only a screenshot.

Alright, I've removed it. I didn't mean to "play around" with what you said.

Rep:
Level 91
Okay, that was entirely negative, and failed to even offer suggestions as to how I could improve. It comes across less like criticism and more like you outlining a thesis on why my game sucks. Also, usually people have some sort of discretion or respect for the effort that went into the product, and briefly discuss some aspect that they enjoyed.

If you don't know what's wrong, how the fuck are you supposed to correct it? I personally didn't find much I liked in the trailer. I'm not going to lie and say I found something I didn't find. I have very high standards, unlike the rest of this forum.

Also, if you can't find out suggestions, learn basic english my friend :P . If I say the game is too fast, how do you correct it? Make the game slower.

If you're talking about the part where the messenger hops up and says "I'm going to tell you about stuff," there is no context to that, it's just part of an intro sequence that explains the story. It's not in the story itself.
In the actual game, immediately after "You need a cause to serve," a series of pictures is shown, at a moderate pace, along with a narrative about the story.
It's just like how in some games, the backstory will be related to the player somehow, and then the real opening scene starts.
I have a sort of suspicion that you may have actually downloaded the teaser, in which case, I explained the context of that earlier in this thread, and it actually takes place at the beginning of chapter two.

Unless the file named Trailer is the Teaser, then I have the Trailer.

Save for one of those, Kieran's, I didn't create those or even really alter them except to change the colour of Clark's wardrobe and hair. Those are the size that Naramura made them; however, they could easily be resized or maybe just moved further down on the screen.
You could have simply said you felt that I should make them smaller.

I don't mean resize them, I mean move them to a place where they won't get in the way.

Trailers are supposed to be fast-paced, with quick cuts to the next clip. I took my cue from movie trailers, which are all presented exactly like that.
The teaser, which is an actual scene from the game, moves at a fairly slow pace.

I can understand that, but it was way too fast, to the point it was confusing, and you couldn't understand what was going on.

Alright, I've removed it. I didn't mean to "play around" with what you said.

No worries man, I'm sure you just misunderstood. I lol'd at the new quote you have from me XD

Rep:
Level 86
Just take what he said and move on Dertt, no use to argue, I have seen what it can lead to lol.

Rep:
Level 88
Illuminaudio
 :mex: k.

The pace of the trailer doesn't reflect the pace of the game, though.
The teaser sort of does, but it probably sucks, too, lol.

The thing about the faces is that they were originally right above the dialog box, but then when I put in name windows, they were moved up considerably. One of the things I was going to do before the demo release was go through and move all of them back down.
I'm also wondering whether or not I should make it so that the window appears above the head of every NPC, or if such effects should be reserved for cutscenes.

Rep:
Level 86
I personally think that they would work on cutscenes well.

Rep:
Level 91
You should remember to make the demos reflect the pace of the game, otherwise people will get the wrong impression :P

Rep:
Level 88
Illuminaudio
The demo will.
The trailer doesn't, but that's... because that's what trailers do. It's in their nature.  :P