RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Is this generation killing music?

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
...And those are the best lyrics I've read in a long damn time.

Rep:
Level 86
      You guys ever hear of of Nujabes, Shing02?(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LpYVSu1VeU&feature=related)  probably the only rap I really love, all the main stream stuff is about stupid stuff... The lyrics in this particular song is great, so is the beat, then again I like rock too, I just like music that I like. I listen to alot of symphony stuff too the only genre I don't like would be country... thats because I'm from Texas, I just hate hicks in general...

So to add to the topic, I think with more people like Nujabes popping up Music will be better than ever in a few years.
Still working on stuff...

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
Nujabes and all the other rap people from the Samurai Champloo soundtrack are pretty cool, because they use/make background music that actually sounds really cool.

though it IS really fucking repetitive and boring, at times

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 86
Yeah it is kind of a taste thing, I can see what you mean, And yeah I love Samurai Champloo :)
had the CD's a little while ago. I just found my JSR Soundtrack, some nice music in that :lol:
Still working on stuff...

Rep:
Level 86
Give him one more.
As far as This generation killing music goes... I sayyyyyyyy, maybe,maybe not. Think about it this way for a moment. How do we as a complete race of humanity, define music? Not just say, one culture or nations popular belief, or even an entire landmasses popular belief. As we all know, music can differ GREATLY, from civilization, to civilization. So in fact, can one generation be killing music, by your own definition, but in another culture, could music be flourishing greatly?

Now, I would like to know where you get your information for, how this generation could be killing music. Is the genres of music you like, turning to your distaste? Or is it the general media, with there critical reviews thats doing it?

EDIT

I wasnt talking to anyone specific in that small rant. I was just making some honest and humble points, thank you all for pondering on my opinions. <3 I love you all.
The boys are going out for hookers and ice cream. Is that something you would be interested in?

GG FUCKING FAGGOT
Rep:
Level 88
Lulz.
I say it is.

Just look at all people that like 50 cents(i hate him)or some more artists singers people

his songs goes like:

bitch,motherfucker,shit,friendly black fellow,fuck,pussy,yo,G-UNIT!!

add some nouns and some verbs and it'll be a hit in no time. this is lame.

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
My sister listens to the "popular" music.
It's like listening to a baby cry, it makes you want to kill somebody

Plus, she is listening to a guy named Baby Bash.
Why the hell would anyone listen to anybody with a retarded name like that?

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
no rap is kewl an u r hatrz!!1

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Plus, she is listening to a guy named Baby Bash.
Why the hell would anyone listen to anybody with a retarded name like that?

I listen to Stolen Babies.

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
stealing babies is ok, it's when you start bashing them...

THAT'S JUST WRONG

I am dushbag
Rep:
Level 86
but this generation's rock just doesn't have any talent in it anymore.

Thats totally wrong. The rock back then maybe better but that doesn't mean rock or any music has gotten worse. Just the  styles have sorta changed.

@Halo: Win
uhh when they took away electric guitar and the lead singer doesnt play guitar it stinks like nickleback and savage garden seem ok

I dont know but when some dude was talking about repeative soundeffects earlier i watched that on much it was about POP music not Rap

I dont know but if you guys know but theres many stles of rap

i can name a few:

Hip-Hop:
mostley urban stuff

Gangsta Rap:
stuff thats popular lately odd

R&B:
love songs are good and ok atleast these ones have respect

Old School Rap:
Fight the power :O

west coast/eastcoast rap:
gangrelated rap from la and ny in america 50 cent seems to dominate this style

gospel:
Kanye west is a good bet i lost a tiny bit of respect when he did that stunt during new orleans.

theres many more like motown i think? And please dont talk to me about Screamo music it stinks a guy screaming into a mike saying things trying to sound demonic trying to sound mentally handicap isnt my taste of music like the drums and stuff are ok but they put techno in theyre songs? gimme a break

too me I listen to classical music dont get me wrong a "tough Gangster" listens to classical music i don't know it sooths me hey if some girl plays the piano for me im hers for ever :O(im not gay)

but back then they called Elvis's stuff "The Devils music" and it was profane in theyre books now the new gen comes in and what do you think parents are calling the new music crap shit things not even reconizeable people are adjusted to listening to whatever they feel or whatever they grew up with hey my dad was rock music all the way . But for some reason things changed hes got like 8 favourite ghetto rap songs odd?

i don't know if falcon gets mad at me about my grammer ill redo this :P to make his experience easier :D

I am dushbag
Rep:
Level 86
I think music in general has lost it's meaning. Nobody listens to anything that means anything. Rap, Rock, Pop, everything. Today's society is just so stupid sometimes. If nobody noticed I can just name a few examples of modern stupidity.

4chan, all southern rappers, Soulja boy, emos, ignorant atheists, civil rights leaders who want to keep power to racial slurs, theists who don't know anything about their religion and use it merely as a brand, ridiculous censorship, people who think macs are "better" than PCs, youtube replacing conventional T.V, destruction of the English language by modern celebrities, people who wear the naruto head band things as casual attire, people who believe the earth is flat, people who pick sides in the political spectrum just for the label, and anonymous.

All that is mainstream is usually pretty stupid sometimes. Because of this stupidity, most people never hear about any good rappers. Stupid people usually play on the radio because "CRANK DAT SOULJA BOY" is much more catchier than good rappers like Nas, Rakim, and KRS-One just to name a few. Same thing with rock I think. Rock from the 70's to 90's were good, but this generation's rock just doesn't have any talent in it anymore.

sorry for double posting but i couldn help my self your calling all the new music crap i agree on souljia boy saying oooo is just like a screamo song on a lower tone nobody wears naruto headbands except for losers and ive heard of Nas but who do you think gave each of the good musicans album labels and and who gave the bad musicans album labels
you yeah you heard me correctly the record industry feeds off teens(and adults and kids lol) whatevers popular whaever everyones listening to thats what the ygo after its all about the money for them heck i dont even know why the jonas brothers exist.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
Get out of Elitist Debate.
:tinysmile:

I am dushbag
Rep:
Level 86
yeah i didnt see the word elitest tell you mentioned it you can delete my messages after everyone reads it and says its ok i guess :D

I am dushbag
Rep:
Level 86
Agreed.
A question since your here?
how do you give rep's
you should now since you have - 440

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Agreed.
A question since your here?
how do you give rep's
you should now since you have - 440

you will be able to rep when you have enough posts to do so.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
I agree that this generation of teens like Nouman is killing music.

Rap should not be exactly categorized into music, it's more of really fast talking with drums behind.

The old music was better ;-;
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 87
In my own little world...
Yeah, like the 90's. That was the greatest.

Rep:
Level 90
Returned from the dead.
I can't remember much from the 90's, but there's quite a lot of 80's rock I like.
I don't know much about anything other than rock and metal, but I think the scales have stayed the same. While some aspects of music have taken the wrong turn, some have grown.

Look at celebrities nowadays, not just musicians. I bet in the 80's and 90's, not nearly as many of them do drugs like cocaine as there are now, but on the opposite side, the quality of the music itself has risen. That's just my opinion though, I accept others' opinions as well.
Sincerely,
Your conscience.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
I bet in the 80's and 90's, not nearly as many of them do drugs like cocaine as there are now

Let's hope you didn't place money on that bet.

Rep:
Level 90
Returned from the dead.
Surely there must have been less. Newspapers only tell what's going on nowadays, so I can only speak for our time ;9
Sincerely,
Your conscience.

Rep:
Level 96
bands in the 70's did mushrooms and acid and LSD, and encouraged their fans to do so as well at live shows (which they did)

Yeah, I don't think it's worse now than it was, in terms of drugs, dude, lol.

Rep:
Level 90
Returned from the dead.
Fair enough, my bad :(
Musical artists nowadays don't encourage it live though. Do they? ???
Sincerely,
Your conscience.

Rep:
Level 96
well, the real point is that laws and social stigmas against hallucinogenic drugs are a little more intense these days

back in the 70's nobody seemed to give a damn