RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
ellow i need help!

Rep:
Level 86
el ow I'm new 12 years old i nod help when i put the chest when i enter will b erase when i tel from the other map the chest will b back sorry for bad English he he^_^ look at the pica. its wrong right?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2007, 01:03:26 PM by jason071 »
I WILL KICK UR ASS ANYTIME!!!

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
You need to address your problem in a way that wouldn't take FBI decoders months to figure out what you're talking about.

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
el ow I'm new 12 years old i nod help when i put the chest when i enter will b erase when i tel from the other map the chest will b back

hello im new 12 years old i need help. when i put a chest(on a map) it gets erased when i use it but returns when i teleport from another map

im presuming he wants the chests in his game to disapear when they have been opened. he therefore needs help with varibles i presume

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
No, it's really simple.

Opens chest
Add item: Bronze Sword
Erase Event

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
i havent use the program in awhile so meh :(

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
...Or does he want the chest NOT to show up again?

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
not show up ever again i think

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
You would need a switch.

Rep:
Level 87
In my own little world...
He's probably a newbie.
I hear they have their own language.

On the first page turn Local Switch A On after the player recieves the item and it sends you the message "Got blah blah", then make a second page and check the Local Switch Box on the left side under preconditions.

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
Or use a regular switch

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Since you're twelve, you illegally registered on these forums. I'm gonna have to ask you to leave, sir. :police:

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Hey hey hey, let's not be mean. It was pretty ballsy of him to join.

What you want to do is this, as far as I remember. Set the event to check, and in the event commands, make it do whatever you want, then set a switch to turn on. Make sure the switch isn't being used by anything else. Then, make a new page. Make it so that it requires that switch to be turned on. Then, leave the commands empty. The chest is now permanently inactive.

Rep:
Level 87
Or use a regular switch
Why would you waste a reguler switch for a treasure chest?

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
Or use a regular switch
It's faster >_>

Anyway, Jason, did you get it to work?

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
Or use a regular switch
You can have as many as you want.

Rep:
Level 87
Or use a regular switch
It's faster >_>

I never heard of that.

Or use a regular switch
You can have as many as you want.

But you wouldn't need more than 1 switch for a treasure chest...  ???

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Or use a regular switch
It's faster >_>

LOL WUT? Seriously? But Self-Switches are so much more organized...

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
Yes, regular switches are faster than self-switches, but it doesn't matter because both of them are so fast that the difference is totally insignificant. The difference might be it taking 2-3 microseconds rather than 1 microsecond.
It is nothing to worry about, hence my '>_>'