RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
What's the Worst Program You've Ever Used?

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Most Unsung Member2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
^ I found all of those void or funny.
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Firefox isn't much faster than IE until you hit a well written site like this one or you've properly configured it and added attachments. After that, you really, really, REALLY see a difference. You'll hate yourself for using IE. Plus configuration only takes about an hour, at which point you're probably set for life.

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
I agree with Quicktime.
What kind of a goddamn browser plugin can't recognize tempo changes in midi files!?

edit: An hour of configuration? My firefox was greater than IE right out of the box, so to speak.

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
there are a few that i really hate

outlook express
firefox
quicktime
gimp

gimp has crappy features and theres like 4 diffrent windows

firefox is the slowest browser that i have ever used

quicktime is crap compared to windows media player

outlook express is a useless program that just takes up space. JUST USE AOL MAIL!!!

but the WORST program in the world is AVAST it made my computer so much slower.(until i deleted it)

Ok, well, you can think what you want. (quicktime is annoying, though)

Photoshop:
Mainly, because it's a pretty normal program, that Adobe "wants" you to think it better than the rest...and it's like 300$...also, Dante, Paint.NET is better than GraphicsGale, in my opinion....

Outlook Express, for that matter, Windows in general.

Rep:
Level 90
Go away Hakumen...
Vista (present day, the one before Home Premium), everyone of my best fucking programs aren't compatible with it.
"Think outside the box, collapse the box, and take a fucking sharp knife to it." - Banksy

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
Internet Explorer is the mother of all shit. O_O

I liked GIMP, but the interface is too complicated.  Yet it is possibly the best image-editor that costs $0.

People say MS Paint sucks, but I actually find it useful as program for simple drawing, doodling and oekaki stuff.

I don't like programs with extremely complicated GUI's and lots of cool graphics.  Why make it look pretty and shiny?  Who cares about that?  I mean, I think what matters is if the program works fine or not.  Let it do that it has to do, and end of it.

As for programs made by programming noobs, I gotta agree.  Especially when it's a PHP application that requires user input and MySQL support.  Don't release a web application that is going to get your website hacked in five minutes, for God's sake!
« Last Edit: August 07, 2007, 01:36:16 AM by Arwym »

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
IE sucks. Oh, and I can't stand the version of Finale I downloaded... I mean bought. *whistles* I'm saving up for the 2007 version of  Finale, which hopefully works better. It mutes itself. I don't know how, or why, but playback just stops working after like 5 minutes of working on a song. You have to  close the whole program, then start it again.
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Most Successful Troll
there are a few that i really hate

outlook express
firefox
quicktime
gimp

gimp has crappy features and theres like 4 diffrent windows

firefox is the slowest browser that i have ever used

quicktime is crap compared to windows media player

outlook express is a useless program that just takes up space. JUST USE AOL MAIL!!!

but the WORST program in the world is AVAST it made my computer so much slower.(until i deleted it)
Firefox is the fastest browser I've ever used.

Internet explorer, defiantly. it's a piece of shit browser that isn't customizable in any way, it comes with all these tool bars and shit you can't get rid of. Internet Explorer 7 won't work correctly with Comcast High Speed Internet, and it's so fucking slow. Also, microsoft tries to force that shit on us. I bet Bill Gates uses Firefox.

Rep:
Level 86
I hate windows media player!

Rep:
Level 88
Unoriginal text here.
The worst program I ever used... is Microsoft Paint.

It sure as heck isn't any Photoshop. Not even in the same league, in fact, it's a whole bunch of leagues behind.

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Most Unsung Member2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Nooo. Why I love paint is it's absolute simplicity and total non bloatness.

If you want those things, use a program designed for that. Paint.NET is pretty good, and is a nice compromise between barebones MS Paint and behemoth Bloatoshop.
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
The worst program I ever used... is Microsoft Paint.

It sure as heck isn't any Photoshop. Not even in the same league, in fact, it's a whole bunch of leagues behind.

Paint is good for making sprites and icons. Pixel stuff. It's a powerful tool when utilized in the proper way.

Rep:
Level 88
Unoriginal text here.
I needed another program to make icons with, but I suppose paint is alright for shrinking things, and pasting something on top of something for a quick laugh. I'm not saying paint sucks raw eggs, I'm just saying that it sucks more than anything else on my particular computer. I'm actually pretty certain that there are worse programs out there, but I haven't used them.

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
BitTorrent

Shittiest warez program ever.

House of Nostalgia
Rep:
Level 87
You loved it.
Rune. . Shi. . Uh Runescape.

Its Client not only locks up, it doesn't always respont I hope it burns in a fire!. . .To DEATH!

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Most Successful Troll
Rune. . Shi. . Uh Runescape.

Its Client not only locks up, it doesn't always respont I hope it burns in a fire!. . .To DEATH!
Works perfectly fine for me. What sort of internet connection do you have?

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
I needed another program to make icons with, but I suppose paint is alright for shrinking things, and pasting something on top of something for a quick laugh. I'm not saying paint sucks raw eggs, I'm just saying that it sucks more than anything else on my particular computer. I'm actually pretty certain that there are worse programs out there, but I haven't used them.

yet it is the worst program you've ever used?
Check out the icon shop, there, we make high quality sprites using MS Paint.
(Also, I prefer it to Photoshop, but GIMP is my favorite...Photoshop lacks certain tools I like...)

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
I would have to say the worst program I've ever used corresponds to the worst programming language I've ever used

Dr.Scheme...

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
so AOL managed to place a shortcut on my desktop from somewhere no idea why but meh. It reminded me of AOL and how annoying it is to remove their services i once had to do it for my father and it took me absolutely ages.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah

yet it is the worst program you've ever used?
Check out the icon shop, there, we make high quality sprites using MS Paint.
(Also, I prefer it to Photoshop, but GIMP is my favorite...Photoshop lacks certain tools I like...)
The whole topic is pretty long ago, but Paint is definitely effective. A case in point is Bio's pixel-drawn star scene.

Rep:
Level 89
My worst program would have to be... Vista
Badass, and a do'er not a thinker

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
That's an operating system, buddy.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
That's an operating system, buddy.

Correction:
It's shit.

Rep:
Level 86
All RPG Makers.

While all of them have had great potential, THERE is always that feeling something or something(s) vital is missing.

I mean you can see the potential, but if it was so great why isn't it being fully utilised, there is plenty of people to do it..... it's been around long enough..... but I don't see much success?