RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Arrow-1's Clockwork Series: Mega Man X

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
     Here's to the kickoff of my first game engine, and furthermore, the start of the clockwork series! The idea behind the Clockwork series is to present true-to-the-original game engines. I decided to start with Mega Man X, because I know the series so well and because resources are so readily available. (Favoritism played a part as well. :)) The game will hopefully feature a custom (at the least, remixed or arranged) soundtrack, a full array of sound effects, and edited or custom sprites, as well as original stage designs.

All iterations in the Clockwork series will be made in the latest registered version of the Game Maker software. If the demand is great enough, I will make a conscious effort to supply a version for non-registered users, but I will not make versions for past versions of Game Maker.

With that, here is a link to the GMK file, an executable for non-programmers who want to see what has been done, and a list of what is included here. Please note that a feature highlighted in green is active, in yellow is new, in blue is currently under development, and red is on a waiting list. If I have named any of the enemies or characters incorrectly, please inform me.

GMK: http://files.filefront.com/Mega+Man+X+Version+B+1+0gmk/;7937244;;/fileinfo.html
EXE: http://files.filefront.com/Mega+Man+X+Version+B+1+0exe/;7937163;;/fileinfo.html

Mega Man X (Updated!)
-Running
-Shooting
-Charge Shot
-Jumping
-Dashing
-Wall-hanging
-Ladder Climbing
-Special Weapons
-Armor Upgrades
Damage System (Was not included for the sake of ease of use. This will be activated in the next version, so beware!)

Enemies: (Updated!)

Ride Armor Pilot (RAP) Basic
Ride Armor Pilot (RAP) Pod Vehicle
Discus Armor/color]
Guardian G.

Stages: (Updated!)

Supply Depot
« Last Edit: July 02, 2007, 02:41:02 AM by Super Arrow »

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
Very nice!

Rep:
Level 96
Why THANK YOU!

Any noticeable errors?

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Excellent Arrow!
The only problem I noticed is when you try to jump on the moving boxes from the side they're moving to. If you're right on them you can't jump on top.

Rep:
Level 96
That's part of what will help me implement wall-kicking. Without the code it looks fucking bizarre, but when it's in there it'll work much better. :D

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
The charge up sound is a little off.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 96
A simple timing error, I will fix it now. Thank you bringing it to my attention. :D

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
=O

oh you bastard. heh, that looks great. Im going to have to get a good version of GM so I can see it in action though...

Rep:
Level 96

...In action? Do you mean to play it? Because uh...there is an EXE download.

I'm the mother-fucking muffin KING, bitch.
Rep:
Level 88
Fuck You.
Downloaded. Very impressive, fucking shield guys are fucking annoying :).
« Last Edit: July 05, 2007, 01:06:17 AM by The.Muffin.King »

a href="http://www.justsayhi.com/bb/fight5" style="display: block; background: url(http://assets.justsayhi.com/badges/415/366/fight5.sxycnp87hy.jpg) no-repeat; width: 296px; height: 84px; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 42px; color: #fff; text-decoration: none; text-align: center; padding-top: 145px;">25</a><p><small>Meet <a href="http://www.justsayhi.com/states/151/new-hampshire">New Hampshire Singles</a></small></p

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice

...In action? Do you mean to play it? Because uh...there is an EXE download.
=O

wow, i feel less intelligent now.

: |

yay, ima test your engine!

welll...
You seriously need to...

oh. Damage system isn't included...heh. >.<
well, if that's the case, nevermind, except that when you "die" (e.g. fall), it's funny to watch the enemies chase after your location. Also, I'm a newb and died on the first conveyor belt part, but an enemy got stuck on one and held up the whole production line xD

fun glitches.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2007, 04:34:03 AM by Lord Dante »

Rep:
Level 96

Smack his shield with a fully charged shot- that should make you feel better. ;8

Lemme know what you think Dante!

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice

Smack his shield with a fully charged shot- that should make you feel better. ;8

Lemme know what you think Dante!

already did.

biatch.

Well, there's that, and I found it odd that the blaster only made a sound when it hit an enemy or when it was being charged.
And the flying guys are annoying : |

Rep:
Level 96
oh. Damage system isn't included...heh. >.<
well, if that's the case, nevermind, except that when you "die" (e.g. fall), it's funny to watch the enemies chase after your location. Also, I'm a newb and died on the first conveyor belt part, but an enemy got stuck on one and held up the whole production line xD

fun glitches.

Holy wow.

Which enemy?

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
ummm... a very jump-happy RAP basic.

silly RAP basic.

With your jump-happiness.

The boxes kept getting stuck on eachother.

I'm the mother-fucking muffin KING, bitch.
Rep:
Level 88
Fuck You.
Yeah it needs buster noises. And i knew how to kill the guys, they just piss me off, in every megaman game theres always that one guy.

http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/nintendo/nes/index-gr.html

Theres some mega man music there. If you need a selection it works well.

a href="http://www.justsayhi.com/bb/fight5" style="display: block; background: url(http://assets.justsayhi.com/badges/415/366/fight5.sxycnp87hy.jpg) no-repeat; width: 296px; height: 84px; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 42px; color: #fff; text-decoration: none; text-align: center; padding-top: 145px;">25</a><p><small>Meet <a href="http://www.justsayhi.com/states/151/new-hampshire">New Hampshire Singles</a></small></p

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
megaman music is awesome.

the engine needs that to...

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Wow...I love it!

Rep:
Level 96
megaman music is awesome.

the engine needs that to...

Custom tracks are being composed now. Two are in the works, but may already be finished. Still trying to get a good idea for this stage.

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
hm....yeah.

Well, I hope it turns out well. When they're done, can you send me the tracks? I have this weird affinity for listening to video game music  :tpg:

Rep:
Level 96
You're not alone in that, mon ami. I'll PM you the project midis tomorrow, but keep in mind that they're not for sharing.

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
why dont you just cut off my family's monthly income huh?!

ok...

sure thing ^^

(need inspiration for my own game's music)

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Project of the Month winner for September 2009
You're not alone in that, mon ami. I'll PM you the project midis tomorrow, but keep in mind that they're not for sharing.

Is Game Maker MP3 compatible?

Rep:
Level 96
Completely. MIDIs are just easier to share :D

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
they kill your internets less.