RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Willa & Rott : An Unnatural Tale of a Girl and Her Dog *COMPLETE*

Rep:
Level 90
COMPLETE 3 MB
http://cixe.planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/rpg/Willa.exe

WILLA & ROTT
AN UNNATURAL TALE OF A GIRL AND HER DOG

Story:
Willa & Rott is the unnatural tale of a girl and her dog. Years ago, an orphan Willa drowns in a nearby lake. The only one to hear her cries of help was her faithful dog Rott. Neither one of them survived, but they will walk the Earth again with a purpose. Since their deaths, they have watched over another orphan like Willa. He is a boy named Toby, and Willa is always there with him.

It is only when Toby is put in mortal danger from the evil Macovius that she can return from the dead for a single night. Willa will have to fight her way through creatures of the night, priests, dream sprites and a zombie hunter named Christian in order to get into the large complex keep of Macovius. Once inside the keep, Will and Rott will need to solve unique puzzles and meet magical allies to help them along the way, before Macovius sacrifices Toby.

===

This is a story driven game, which means you get very little freedom. I made this game from a screenplay I wrote for this game. It is very short, it takes me an hour and I know where everything is. It might take the average person 90 - 120 minutes to complete the first time. It makes for a great time killer. The reason why it is so short is it was for a competition that needed to be 60 minutes or less of gameplay.

There are puzzles, random battles, boss battles and a few plot twists. Stealth missions, talking rats that give hints and a magical illusion named Bunny that offers you to fight what's behind door #1 or door #2.

CHARACTERS in the game:

==========================================================================

WILLA:   main heroine, teen girl, smart mouthed, fearless, guardian angel

alliance:   good
                    race: human
                    class: unknown   
                    preferred weapons: daggers
                    skills: mysterious powers
                    purpose: playable character / protagonist
                    character importance: A+
                    story: Willa was an orphan, abandon until the day that she died. Now she serves as a guardian angel to Toby.

ROTT:   sidekick to willa, dog, protection

race: k9
                    class: beast
                    preferred weapons: sharpened claws
                    skills: mysterious powers
                    purpose: playable character / willa's protection
                    character importance: A
                  story: Rott is and always has been the loyal one that looked after Willa. Even after his death.

CHRISTIAN VALE : zombie hunter

class: zombie hunter
                    preferred weapons: staffs
                    skills: powers of faith
                    purpose: playable character / slayer of everything evil
                    character importance: B+
                  story: Christian hunts evil, even when he is greatly outnumbered or greatly out matched! He longs for a sidekick to even the numbers and will stop at nothing to please his clients.

MACOVIUS:   evil, strange, master mage

alliance: evil   
                    class: wizard / inventor
                    preferred weapons: staffs
                    skills: unholy magic
                    purpose: major evil of the story
                  story: Macovius is an inventor of magic. A creator of illusion. He has created many grand things, but one thing he needs to do is find a mineon to carry out his wishes!

HEADMISTRESS:   bitch, stressed, self important

alliance: good???
                    class: healer
                    preferred weapons: her insults
                    skills: financial ones
                    purpose: overseer of orphans / information giver
                    character importance: B-
                  story: The headmistress has always ruled over an orphanage. An orphanage that allowed Willa to die, due to improper supervision and may do the same to Toby!

TOBY: pleasant, nice, a child

alliance: good
                    class: child
                    preferred weapons: what weapons?
                    skills: imagination
                    purpose: someone for Willa to watch over
                  story: The boy Toby is the outcast of his Orphanage, because he's not evil. He is adopted by a strange man.

WALT: unpleasant, insulting, a child

preferred weapons: insults
                    purpose: antagonist of Toby
                  story: The boy Walt constantly harasses Toby with his sister Grenn.

GRENN: unpleasant, insulting, a child

purpose: antagonist of Toby
                  story: The girl Grenn leads the insulting of Toby with her brother Walt.

PERCY: do gooder, priest, antagonist

class: priest
                    skills: healing magic
                    purpose: antagonist of Willa
                    character importance: D
                  story: Percy has a premonition that calls him to the grave of a girl that died years ago.

MACABRE: evil demon, bully

race: demon
                    class: demon
                    preferred weapons: brutality
                    skills: brutality
                    purpose: would be minion of Macovius
                    character importance: C
                  story: Macovius wishes to call upon the Macabre to be his servant of darkness!

DREAM SPRITES : antagonists, comic relief

alliance: un bias
                    race: sprite
                    class: dream giver
                    preferred weapons: nightmares
                    skills: magic of sleep and dreams
                    purpose: antagonist of Willa / giver of information / comic relief / tacked on
                    character importance: C
                  story: The dream sprites know everything and warn others through their dreams. The trick is understanding those warnings!

After all of that, its 3 MB.

direct link :

http://cixe.planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/rpg/Willa.exe

for more screen shots go to the to page :
http://cixe.planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/rpg/index5.html

Tell me what you think, tell me if the link is broken.

Photos!!!

the entire story takes place in this sleepy town over a single night

a small child isolated, yet protected by a hidden guardian angel

a story unfolds as a clearly unusual mastermind wants a child

a priest has a premonition
« Last Edit: May 09, 2007, 01:21:39 AM by maia »
community project for RPG Maker VX: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,33789.0.html

Shooting for the "MEMBER MODERATOR OF THE YEAR 2007" Award
Rep:
Level 89
Hi, there.
Nice. Gratz on finishing a game. You have join the rank among those who have. lol. Cant wait to try this game out when I get home. ...Im on a MAC right now.
Sig by MacGravel

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
She's been in those ranks for a while now. Anyway, I recommend this game. It is her entry for the quest competition and I found it quite enjoyable (though I'm stuck on the library puzzle lol). I will be giving a more extensive review when I rate it, but I am waiting for the other entries before judging.

Rep:
Level 90
She's been in those ranks for a while now. Anyway, I recommend this game. It is her entry for the quest competition and I found it quite enjoyable (though I'm stuck on the library puzzle lol). I will be giving a more extensive review when I rate it, but I am waiting for the other entries before judging.

I uploaded a new version. Since I sent you your own version a week ago. This version has some edits, and a pretext thing. You should be able to still keep your save file. The library puzzle is as the book tells you :-) What about the Rat? Did you do the puzzle with the talking Rat yet?
community project for RPG Maker VX: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,33789.0.html

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Yeah, I got that one. It was fun. But where do I perform the action for the library one? Or what does it refer to?

Rep:
Level 90
It refers to directions. Directions. There are so many ways to take directions. Just follow the directions in every way that you know how.

pokeball JAPOfflineFemale
I used to know nothing
Rep:
Level 89
I downloaded the file...

But it doesn't work. >_> Only black, blaaaaaaaaaaack screen...

Rep:
Level 87
Sounds very good :lol:
I'll try it this afternoon.

Rep:
Level 90
Hmmm a black screen? Can someone else confirm that?

What is supposed to happen...

black screen with a few narrator lines. Then it goes to the opening sequence, a golden land with lines as it pans over.
Then once the golden land is finished it turns purple. Then it goes to another black screen as it pans to find the orphanage, but then it stops in the orphanage.

Rep:
Level 87
...I don't have any problems with a black screen, but I get an error message right after GRENN says the first thing to TOBY (don't remember what that was exactly) ;9 :'(

Rep:
Level 97
That's strange, I never got any error messages... and I am a lot farther than that.

Rep:
Level 87
This is the message I'm getting.

The instruction on 0x018ce1a3 directs to memory on 0x018ce1a3. The read- or writeversion on memory has failed.

It's translated from dutch so it could be that this doesn't make any sense.

Rep:
Level 90
...I don't have any problems with a black screen, but I get an error message right after GRENN says the first thing to TOBY (don't remember what that was exactly) ;9 :'(

What was the error message?

Rep:
Level 90
This is the message I'm getting.

The instruction on 0x018ce1a3 directs to memory on 0x018ce1a3. The read- or writeversion on memory has failed.

It's translated from dutch so it could be that this doesn't make any sense.

I think that could be a problem with not having enough virtual memory to RPG XP games, restart your computer, then try it again :-)

Rep:
Level 87
Sad to say rebooting didn't help... :'(
I did however discovered a slight mistake. in the first "golden" scene, there is a part from one of the trees missing.

To tell you the truth, I'm normally not so observant unless I have to, but since I can't continue, I just paid extra atencion to what I could see ;)

Rep:
Level 88
I noticed that mistake. Also, I can't play the gane... Its goes to the orphanage. A few people speak and then a error screen appears and the gane closes.

Rep:
Level 90
I fixed the mistake for the next upload. I just tested it and I make it past that point.

Here is a question to help me pin point that mistake...

Does Walt move?
Does Grenn move?
Do they talk after they have both moved?
Do you see them say the following:
===
GRENN:
No one is there head case!
===
Is there a flash of screen? (I think that might be the cause)

Rep:
Level 87
I fixed the mistake for the next upload. I just tested it and I make it past that point.

Here is a question to help me pin point that mistake...

Does Walt move?
Does Grenn move?
Do they talk after they have both moved?
Do you see them say the following:
===
GRENN:
No one is there head case!
===
Is there a flash of screen? (I think that might be the cause)
I think the game crashes at accectly the moment she says that. Also I dont see a flash.

Rep:
Level 90
Its made with PK. I am thinking it must be either the flash screen or move event. Cause they do both at the same time. Cause if you say that Green says that... and there is no flash screen. Grenn says that and the screen flashes.

Anyone else having this problem?

pokeball JAPOfflineFemale
I used to know nothing
Rep:
Level 89
The problem I got before is that the screen turned black for a long time...
Then... No respond...
And before that, when I extracted the game, a window popped up and said: ????????
So I re-downloaded 3 times...
And all the same.

Now I'm trying to download it again.

Rep:
Level 90
I just uploaded a new version. What I found interesting when I first uploaded the original version is that it was 3.1 MB, which was larger than any other files that I made Willa and Rott with. Now I made it again and its back down to 2.4 MB, which is what it originally was.

Download the new one, the old one seemed strange. Maybe this will fix it.

Oh to know its the new version check the file size or look at the errored tree.

Rep:
Level 87
Well, no error message. Instead I get no message and the game just closes at that point :'(

Rep:
Level 90
And I don't understand why. There are is no complicated programming. There really is no programming.

What are the specs of your computer?

Rep:
Level 87
They should be good enough. I don't think they're the problem. I tryed it on 2 different computers and on the second, it did give me the same error message as before...