RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
the other dimention card game. Looking for team [on hold]

Rep:
Level 88
The other dimention card game
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,12288.msg156191.html#msg156191

Vary well I suppose it would be wise if I actully call upon a team to help with me out ((hopefully I can get it all compleat in 2 years or sooner))

What I need
  • help with the card system
  • Help in making the battle system a tactics mode / card game so to say
  • designing some cards
  • some help making the story line interesting

Help with the card system

The card system is rather straight forward well I tried to make it stright forward in explaination. Every weapon, spell, armor, ability, item, and "pets" (summons, guest, monsters, If you played F.F Tactics youw will know that any enemy except for bosses can be invited to the party. hence the monsters are pets <,< and breed like crasy I swear!)) Back on topic. sorta like kingdom hearts you are able to collect cards and veiw them, from there you are able to build your deck and use it in battle. so for this section. I need someone to help ether teach me, make a script, or hunt down on premade(good luck with that) so that the Items, weapons, armor, skills, monsters All have a card of their own and can be called upon by he script. ((hopes I explained that well ))

Help in making the battle system a tactics mode / card game so to say

I'll have to customly make a "forged" screen shot to show how I think it should look in battle. but for now I'll have to use just words.

The battle is a semi tactical and card game. the battle field is 10 by 10 squares. . characters can move 6 spaces per turn. Each battle you need to reuse your cards to equip your character. So they have 2 skills PERmade into them such as punch and kick something that is considered a built in ability.  Moving, using cards (equip, use items, use skills) , ataccking, checking status. All need to be part of the tactics section. Most of all some way to set the enimeys Ai and ether premade decks or random by a catagory (ranking of difficulty)

the second half is the cards. Decks, used cards,  Hand, enimey deck, cards, and hand must be able able to see during battle. and able to tell the player how many cards they have left.  Hands one can only hold 5 cards, 6 max but must end with 5 cards maximun. "use" "read" "set" "discard" "end turn" "veiw battle feild" are options that the player can use during battle

((again I'll try to make "screen shots" Of this. But bear with me it will not be easy considering the fact I'll have to work with more then just 1 image to get this to look like how I want it too))

designing some cards

Well what good is a semi card game if you can't see your cards? so I will require some designes. I plan on using the Defult stuff from the item / skill /weapons / armor databased  / ((some monsters))

I will post a basic layout of what I am thinking ((you might think other wise and can make your own layout they will be speical cards XD, I'll post this with the fack screen shots to show a basic layout of the battle))
I do suggest you add me to your aim. yahoo, or msn and send them directly >.> that way I know they are done XD

some help making the story line interesting

Well what can I say story line and plot is difficult. lets look at examples

Yu-gi-oh games:
1) Beat every opponet
2) get every card

pokemon :
objective 1) get all the badges and win the tournament
objective 2) get all the pokemon
objective 3) *depends on version* beat the battle tower / win every contest / get every room item / ya....

ya... well thats all nice and fine. But wouldn't an interesting storyline be better? Ya I thought so too.. so I'll need some help getting some ideas of whats the new "in" for example in 1985ish it was so in with pong >.> ya ...anyway Thats what I need help with I am sure I can figure out everything after that if not I'll ask for advice and other little things. But thoses 4 things are what I know I will require some aid with.

Thank you for reading my post really I mean it.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2008, 08:41:18 AM by kathis »
Project
New project. The other dimention DND
RPG makers challenge http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,13503.0.html

Rep:
Level 88
Battle

Spoiler for:

This is the Deck Mode. (D.M) It is the card partion of the game.
this accesses the cards to use, read up on them and set (set are ready card that work like a trap, counter) set a potion, you get hit you use potion.
Each catagory of cards can only be used once per turn. Regardless of how many characters you have on the field.

this is the tactic BATTLE MODE (B.M.), this mode is used to move the character, make them attack, and are used as a "vertix" point for using spells. If all the characters are fallen the game is over. However you can only have 3 charcters on the field at once. If one falls you can switch for another member that is on the bench (expression, sitting out or on standby) here is the shot. PLEASE NOTE that you don't need to play a card to attack each character has 2 skills they can use since its built in. (pokemon there >.> you got a technique and to set another you must remove an older one) the star just means she is selected and its her turn. you can view another characte stats without it being their turn.

This is READ MODE (R.M.)when you enter in this mode you can view card information (sorta like a pokedex from pokemon) unlike the "pokedex" it contains   the basic stats of the card. Also the pages of information must be found or writen by a scolar. PLEASE NOTE: the more information you have on a card the greater boost it does.
0 pages -> 10 damage
1 page -> 25 damage
2 pages -> 60 dmage
Reason for this.
"With knowleadge comes power, having a swords is useless knowing how to use the swords makes it a great tool." - Scolor Jaliz  (quote from the game TOD [the other dimetnion] Not that card version)

((as you can see I didn't have much information on the fire card still looking for page 2 >.>XD))

cards more focuse

Notice

Red = Weapon
Oragne = Pet / creature / monster
Green = Item
blue = armor
Purple = Skill

Defult layout

If you use a different layout it is considered a spiecal card and is more valuable. I don't encourge you to make different layouts but I do encourage you to be creative with the image. You can do what ever picture you feel fits the skill. but remember the stronger the skill the more of the picture
example
heal - leaf
heal force - Herbs and a bit more then the leaf
heal omega - (big picture tat would be based on both heal and heal omega but it looks freaken asusme)

you don't have to  have to use a leaf for heal just understand that the higher the ability the more impressive the image should be.

questions problem concerns.
Project

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
that's cool
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Irock touched your custom title
Rep:
Level 89
Not trying to be rude but... You're card designs suck! :P

If you can actually get this going I'll design the cards for you.

Rep:
Level 88
*shruges* it was basic and simple. something for a quick show. Though I like the back design -_- no one touch that part XP
Project

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 88
what would that layout be for?
Project

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
a card...you could change the titles of the right side to Hp attack defense.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 88
Characters that move around on the map are not part of the card deck format >.> just pets XD
Project

I'M SUPERMAN!
Rep:
Level 88
HURR DE DURRR
I can write the story, when you have writers block or if you need to spice it up. That's really all that I'm good at.
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Rep:
Level 89
*shruges* it was basic and simple. something for a quick show. Though I like the back design -_- no one touch that part XP

The back design was what I was mainly talking about. If it doesn't look good people won't want to play your game as the back is what will be seen a lot. (graphics made with Paint suck)

Rep:
Level 88
Its taken on the planet Ja'klan  which translated into "inmagination" (old tounge story based.) I wrote a reather large series of storys that all work together. Saddly I need to go over them and re word them so they are more suited for public ((no nothing nasty is in them -_- perveerts...)) its just the langauge placement and the vocab...and lot of spelling errors that need to be reworded. ANYWHO. anything really goes. The planet is the size of jupiter and has everything form peristoric to the end of discovery. ya its has a wide range of ideas and inmagination. Earth is its
"mother planet" when refered it's like the holy land, since the inmagination from Earth is what gives life to Ja'klan.
however due to the distance between the new realms and the uninmagintive difference by one person its considered to be located in another dimension Thus "The other dimention" (its spelled dimention for 2 reasons. 1. its orignal and I can get away with it FAR more easier (copyrighting wise), and it was a young spelling error gotta keep with the classics for this whole story started when I was 5 but I'll get into the history of that when asked)

The third book is about the cards, now how to put this in words...what happens when a common idea or inmagination gets popular. WEll lets look at pokemon for instants

steps in pokemon evolutions
1) game
2) episodes
3) comic books
4) trading cards
5) posters
6) ect

yes well how does this compare to the Ja'klan

the cards were played against their force be it digimon, pokemon, card captures, magic, what ever it is they are ideas and they had to be thought up and inmagined. The story took more place on earth where an object from Ja'klan was brought back the object was a small jewlary set chest, and when opened EVERYthing from Ja'klan was turned to card form and more of these chest had cards of the inmaginatived, the chest were fatefully given to the creators of them and a set of rules on how to play. On Ja'Klan when a battle was called upon they were teleported to a battle feild and a fight for the death would occur, when the battle was over they were teleported back and unharmed. very inconvente for them. The TRUE danger for the Ja'Klains was when a card that had their soul link too was destroied, they would die.

Ja'Klan has everything that can be inmagained. There are no bounds or limits, but each thing is classified and set to a zone when you reach the end of the zone you are teleported to the otherside of it. Making it look like its own world.

so what ever you got is fine it will help me come up with ideas for plot a bit easier. Since I doubt going by the novel will be interestings

The back design was what I was mainly talking about. If it doesn't look good people won't want to play your game as the back is what will be seen a lot. (graphics made with Paint suck)

-_- buy me paint shop pro and then start yaping -_- Paint is really all I can use and have as much freedom with that I can understand.  the back of the card design is a sorta my trade mark signiture. >.> any artwork I draw by hand I put that someewhere in the drawing or on the bottom right hand corner.

The black moon with the blue star and purple sun alas together and forever it seems
to part is madness, to part is more then against one's cilvery.
So shall it be as one two three, let the heveans mock
for the black moon, blue star and the purple sun shall be together and forever.

By Chris Limb
(me)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2007, 11:29:08 PM by kathis »
Project

Rep:
Level 89
I said I could make the back and here it is. If you use it give me credit. ;8

Rep:
Level 88

about the size it will be when its done >.>
Project

Rep:
Level 89
Lol. Give me the dimentions of the card and I'll make it like that. Also, tell me what color. It doesn't have to be that redish-orange.

Rep:
Level 88
I still would perfer the black moon cresent blue star and purple sun -_- if you want to spice that up please do so. as I said is sorta a trade mark of my work. and since the game is "the other dimention" it will be nearly required somewhere in the game >.> uhh in the spoilers you can see the "defult layout" thoses dimentions are what I would perfer since I can play around with them easier and they are still able to hold some information to read. (which is why I used that defult layout. The player should beable to see the name of the card, the picture to identify it, and a short discription of what it does. with a small layout it can easily get cluttered. I know >.> I tryed many other layouts with more information but doesn't work that easily, the color of the back of the card I used "grey" was to not out stage the black, blue, and purple, and grey is a nutral color and not to bright so its easy on the eyes. (which is why I refused to use yellow as a card layout color for anything.) the examples I used in my spoilers for th 5 differnt card types are simply that I needed a screen shot quickly to show you an example a and I used 5 different colors to help reach out my point of the catagory the cards are from. it was more of a "me showing you a bit more clearly" and the differents between the cards. -color -_-
« Last Edit: February 13, 2007, 11:44:09 PM by kathis »
Project

I'M SUPERMAN!
Rep:
Level 88
HURR DE DURRR
If you'd like to see some of my writing ability, here:
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,12542.0.html
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Rep:
Level 88
*finally finished reading it* uhh not exactly the ideal way I was expecting XD  I was expecting a point form of plot and description of the characters boi and a bit of their stat base. xD but your wrighting does get the point across
Project

I'M SUPERMAN!
Rep:
Level 88
HURR DE DURRR
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
I wish to make one point if I make no others -

JUST BECAUSE AN IMAGE IS MADE IN PAINT IT DOESNT MEAN IT SUCKS

*cough* Sorry, it just gets on my nerves.

Also @Kathis - this is looking good. :D Card Systems are a heck of a lot harder to make than battle systems so I've definately got to give props on you finding/making one.
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."

Rep:
Level 88
heh...I guess I should remind you that that "screen" shot was was made with paint. which proves your point paint doesn't suck. I needed something to give a visual effect for anyone with some knowleage of scripting what it is I am after. though I thank you in advance. -_- because chances are I'll have to do the scripting myself. I been talking to blizzard of some logical ways to combine a few scripts to make this work. not sure what he thinks fully.
Project

Rep:
Level 88
Hell... What did I mess up now... I'm Back!
you're not alone i know some scripting...

yaz always can ask for ma help man... >.>
----Current Games working on----
--Rage O' Delusion - Overall Percentage Finished : 4% -- Expected release... Unknown
--The Other Dimension - Overall Percentage done : 1 - Expected Release : No time soon...
v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^
Feildmaster Productions
Made By One Man Run by the Same...
Making Games for Everyone...
Oh yeah, and everything else web based
For a charge... Of course...

Rep:
Level 88
*posted after a long time*

Due to life hitting me like a car in the middle of a track and it being the train, I have been unable to do much and lost most of my ...interested in game making, this has changed recently, thank god. However this particular project is on hold, until I can get enough experience to make a script for such a battle system there isn't much one can do, I am familiar with some ruby scripting but not much, the problem isn't that I don't want to learn its that I am too use to the older versions of programming that ruby is too new for me to grasp. Also my attention span on such projects don't last when my mind is always jumping to, "I want to try this but it wouldn't fit in this game so lets make a new one"   In short this project will be on hold for a while, however that's not saying it is not going to be made, oh no, I plan on it happening for I know it's possible If one can make a board game from it, they can certainly make a computer game of it.  But until I can figure out how the ai would work and the scripting would commence and all that, I will have to set this game on hold. Until I can get things sorted out

-Kathis
Project