RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Warning: Remove rpg maker from your websites.

Rep:
Level 91
Ignore what i say. I'm never here anyway
i am a webhost. as suck i host king aran fantasy (dwarra's website) he has been hosting all the rpg maker programs. Some time earlier today i recieved an email from enterbrain themselfs and i quote...

To:
Leivers, kyle
Administrative Contact for http://www.kingaranfantasy.com
Subject: WARNING
Date: January 20,2006

Manager of International Licensing Division
ENTERBRAIN, INC.
6-1 Sanban-cho, Chiyoda-ku
Tokyo, 102-8431 Japan
licensing@ml.enterbrain.co.jp
FAX: +81-3-3265-7231

We hereby notify you that your Website, http://www.kingaranfantasy.com ("Your
Site"), includes copyright infringement
materials against us, ENTERBRAIN, INC.("ENTERBRAIN") and therefore, ENTERBRAIN
hereby send you this warning message.

ENTERBRAIN is established and existing under the laws of Japan, and publishes
popular and respected Japanese
publications, including, but not limited to, Weekly Famitsu Magazine (and
Famitsu.com), Login, Arcadia, Thoroughbred,
and Comic Beam, as well as other publications across 20 editorial departments.
ENTERBRAIN has also entered into the
games market with PlayStation, PS2, and Gameboy Advance games. You can see our
corporate information at our website
(http://www.enterbrain.co.jp/index_en.html.).

The other day, we found out that You Site has been infringing one of our major
game-software products named "RPG Maker
XP, RPG Maker 2003, RPG Maker 2000, RPG Maker 2000 RTP, RPG Maker 2000 RTP
Update, and RPG Maker 95!" ("Game") at Your
Site.  Your Site has been distributing the copy of the Game from the domain
"kingaranfantasy.com" without ENTERBRAIN's
permission in any manner, and thus, your conduct falls into typical copyright
infringement.

Since we have been distributing the Game's International version, your such
copyright infringement will cause
tremendous damages to ENTERBRAIN's business.
Therefore, ENTERBRAIN hereby order you to stop the distribution of the Game from
Your Site IMMEDIATELY.

Further, you shall be required to; (i) disclose your name, address, country,
Telephone  Number, FAX Number, Email
address, and any other identification against us via Email, Mail and/or FAX; and
(iii) provide information regarding
the number of the download of the Game and user of this website so that
ENTERBRAIN can calculate its damage amount
caused by this copyright infringement.

We expect your appropriate reaction and response within ten (10) business days
as of today.
If you post outside the sewer, don't expect me to see it.

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
Wow, thats bad, I've never seen any sites get caught before.

Rep:
Level 91
me neither i was rather shocked. i've contacted Dwarra and we have removed the downloads so it should be ok. I'm not to worried anyway mainly cos of this part:

Further, you shall be required to; (i) disclose your name, address, country,
Telephone Number, FAX Number, Email
address, and any other identification against us via Email, Mail and/or FAX; and
(iii) provide information regarding
the number of the download of the Game and user of this website so that
ENTERBRAIN can calculate its damage amount
caused by this copyright infringement.

Plus it is stated as a "warning" email. but i think all u guys should remove ur downloads incase they dont look so lightly on it next time.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest MemberFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
And you never know... they may just check out his affiliates. >_>
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 91
Crankeye would get pwned x_X think how long it's all been there... and how much of it he has... and how he is never online to respond within 9 days...

RPG Maker 2000 RTP
Update

Didn't Don Mingul make that? They can't tell you to remove that if he did.
And did you remove the Kingaran Fantasy because of this warning?
They seem to be just talking about the RPG Makers.

Rep: +0/-0Level 91
When they say Game do they mean the program?
I like to feast on souls,what about you?
http://kune-tear.deviantart.com/
Please visit, and if your in to awesome anime visit this link,no joke.
http://lightmusashi.deviantart.com/

Rep:
Level 91
Meh. Go ahead. Fight the power. As of now, it would be hard for them to do anything to figure out who you are. Just don't post anything personal.

Rep:
Level 91
if i was dawarr i whould not give him my detials just remove it and change my E-mial  :lol: . just tell them no one downloaded them. :lol: any way dawarr is very busy with his mum ill and all. ENTERBRAIN sure pick a great timesutpid basterds :evil:

EDDIT:here is what i say to ENTERBRAIN trying to take our RPG Maker communitie

WARNING:WAY CONTAIN AN IMAGE SOME PEOPLE WILL HAVE A FIT OVER

YOU WILL NEVER STOP US WE WILL WIN ENTERBRAIN :twisted:

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
Quote from: ArkBennett
RPG Maker 2000 RTP
Update

Didn't Don Mingul make that? They can't tell you to remove that if he did.
And did you remove the Kingaran Fantasy because of this warning?
They seem to be just talking about the RPG Makers.

Don Miguel translated it to English (I think it was), and it is still property of Enterbrain

(teehee "Don Mingul")

Rep:
Level 91
well anyway. if you do know some who is hosting rpg maker(s) tell them to remove it as Enterbrain will probably follow Dwarra's affiliate links.

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Guns don't kill people. Magic missiles do.
Wait, so, you got into some trouble for hosting the programs on your site?  I can understand that.  UNLESS they were talking about the actual games, themselves, that you have to remove.  I may have misread.  Making you delete the games people have made would be dumb.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest MemberFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
I'm pretty sure they mean just the makers.

Rep:
Level 91
lol "you were caught for being evil on the web thingy, view our great products and buy everything"
lol i mean they are so stupid it's really getting dumb

i would email them "if you were dumb enough to let them out for free on the internet it's none but your problem, rm2k and rm2k3 are still free and thus you have no right to say anything at all as once you put something free on the internet you dumb brains should realize it's everyone's and not yours anymore, sadly enterbrain failed to enter any brain , whats more the stupid 60$ you ask for your junk program is too much for any one to pay for a lousy program which you took your time to destory slowly compared to 2k3 , and you have also hosted it for free for a large period of time, people who are obviously better than you with programing took their time to translate it to english and you have just about no right to say p.knights should be removed from any site, you can however say that the demo should be removed but as you can see, no one cares about nor use your pitiful demo which you can shove up where the sun don't shine.
i'd take my time to also remind you that for as long as there is no law against rehosting something that is free you have no right to demand anything and you have no access to any personal information about me either so stop wasting my time, next time think before you let stuff out for free, actually next time try thinking at all cause your program gets worse with every time.

p.s
your gba\ps2 games must be really pitiful seeing as no one heard about them, i sure do pity you, go sell your junk elsewhere."

i mean really.. no law against it, no nothing, and if they sent it via email you can always claim it got spam filtered..
holy shit my sig was big!

Rep:
Level 97
Quote from: Enterbrain, lol
The other day, we found out that You Site has been infringing one of our major
game-software products named "RPG Maker
XP, RPG Maker 2003, RPG Maker 2000, RPG Maker 2000 RTP, RPG Maker 2000 RTP
Update, and RPG Maker 95!"

LMAO!!!

RPG Maker 95, how many people still use that?  :^^:  :lol:  :^^:  Anyone hosting it for free better remove it now, or Enterbrain may be losing a ton of money.  :roll:

And I'm almost certain that the 2000 RTP Update was compiled specifically by Don Miguel, and not Enterbrain... but I could be confused with something else.

Rep:
Level 91
i know a site that is selling a RPG maker xp game (made on the illegal version) and they did use some custom made resurces but alot the ones that came with it so they are breacking the law there.

LINK TO SITE

i wonder what will happern when they find this site :lol:

Rep:
Level 91
lol 18$ for a crappy game  :roll:
it's amazing how those 10 years old morons believe they can sell stuff i bet it's full of errors and so on too ^<

Who's more moronic? The person that sells it or the person they buys it?

And I love your little letter Blue, we can always count on you! :D

Rep:
Level 91
i played the free demo and its crap. it lags alot i got 4 errors in 2 mins, its not worth any thing. and i think since shes (yes it was made by a girl) useing the illegal RPG Maker XP and useing most of the resources that came with it she could get in big troble

lol sad! enter brain just gets stupider everytime, yet they cease to amaze me.

Rep:
Level 89
Alright time for the WRITER who knows a lot about: copyright, trademark, & patent laws to give his thoughts.

Modifing/editing:

The person who translated them with out the permission of ENTERBRAIN has illegaly modified the original works (program). There for even he could get in trouble (unless he had permission).

Downloads:

Site who have them up for downloads are distributing them with out ENTERBRAIN permission.

Does not matter if ENTERBRAIN has a free download on their site you must get permission first.

Selling Games With Knights Edition (or any illegal version):

This is a no no. And it will be taken care of in time.

For your Information:

Federal law provides severe civil and criminal penalties for the unauthorized reprodction, distribution, or exhibitation of copyrighted motion pictures, video games, music, computer programs, etc. A maximum penalty of up to 5 years in prision or a $250,000 fine.

Note: if you live in another country time in prison and fins may varay.

Quote from: Cloud Master
lol sad! enter brain just gets stupider everytime, yet they cease to amaze me.

And saying stuff like that makes you stupide. Most of you are about 10-15 years old and know little or nothing about the law. Just put yourself in their place and Im sure you would be singing a diffrent tune.

i was implying they're stupid 'cause they're basicly threting 10-15 year olds with illegal crap like this. even though i dont use rm anymore i still support it. its a bit hypocritical of me. but w/e i dont really care.

Rep:
Level 89
Quote from: Cloud Master
i was implying they're stupid 'cause they're basicly threting 10-15 year olds with illegal crap like this. even though i dont use rm anymore i still support it. its a bit hypocritical of me. but w/e i dont really care.

Does not matter if their underaga...they can go after the parents or the Host of the site. Then if they went after the Host...they would still get busted (parents).

oooh you caught me off gaurd there. well either way its not on my site nor do i have any future intentions of adding it especially after this little fiasco.

Rep:
Level 91
lol let's remind you:
a. every country got it's own laws
b. when it comes to say israel, we don't have such dumb laws, it's stupid and no one will ever get caught anyways, so if i do anything they can't do shit to me even if i do get caught simply cause they can't reach me in here
c. i am more than sure this dumb law does not exist in alot of other countries, usa was always stupid...
d. ok assuming there is a law, do you really think they can track anyone down? i mean come on.. look at the nice crack sites and sharing programs and so on, if they could those wouldn't be there anymore but some of them are there for years over years over years

pointlessbrain are just trying to make little kids scared, they knwo very well they  cannot do anything thus they asked for the personal info , they also took their time to ad useless junk seeing as no one buys it.

now seriously, if free downloads weren't allowed to be hosted on other sites then you should close the entire internet
there isn't even 1 normal site that doesn't use dl/image from another site

now notice i said image, cause images are still files, and hi, i don't see anyone calling you telling you to take off that black guy avatar seeing as you 100% use it without asking before that.

and how would you know it's not copyrighted? did you ask the black guy in the picture if he wants to stay as an avatar?
maybe you should be sued for not allowing the privacy of that guy too?

bottom line is:
internet crimes are so common they are not crimes and the courts should understand that.
no one ever got arrested for such idiotic reason, and hardly anyone at all got arrested for internet crimes ever, maybe 2-3 hackers that were stupid enough to show off around that they did blablabla.. or whateva

stupid brain knows that quite well and thus they are asking for personal info so they can ad  bomb you and maybe blackmail you into being junk product that useless company offers

and lastly, when it comes to letters sent on the internet, you can always say the email didn't reach your inbox thus you couldn't know and wait for a normal letter or a phone call
if any of those reach, start working cause some dumb brat told them who you are, otherwise it's a proof that they have no idea what they are talking about and they just try to scare little kids cause they suck at programing

and lastly, before i forget, according to them if you do that then you break a law against them, thus you break a japanese law, you cannot be arrested in say uk for breaking a japanese law unless the country decides the law you have broken is serious enough to summon you to the court and judge you which i doubt will happen
and that's just what happens because there is no such thing as an international court