RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Final Fantasy XII (Merged)

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
... Seriously? What part are you at? I haven't had any trouble following it. In fact I've found it a bit boring.

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
They throw so many damn names at you and everybody's switching sides and espionage and I'm on the Leviathan. I don't quite understand why I came there in chains, or why the Marquis suddenly was all like "guards." I thought he was on out side, but then he's "not quite as nuetral as he used to be." Used to be good, no longer is? Maybe it was just a ploy to get him on the ship, so now he's ... good ... again ... huh? I really don't know because everything just happens so suddenly and I have no idea who is on whos side anymore.

And I'm also a little irritated because Vaan is just along for the ride and they treat it as such so there's never really any sort of explanation for you anywhere.

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
Yeah Vaan is like the worst main character ever. The real main chracters are Ashe and Balthier. They get most of the screen time and plot and stuff, while Vaan is just there. It's kinda... blegh.

Rep:
Level 96
And just because you're English doesn't mean you have to speak every one of your lines in riddles, metaphors, or proverbs.

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
Don't you know all English people always speak in riddles, metaphores, and proverbs.

I mean, have you tried talking to silverline lately?

Rep:
Level 96
Roph doesn't. :|

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
I like Basch the most, actually, I just wish he'd get some real armor instead of his vest and multi-colored hippie patch (you can see it if you look closely, its red and green).

Balthier is funny, I think.
And Vaan...

uhg.
The storyline doesn't confuse me at all, and it is a tad boring, but a nice change from the "OMFG mega villain gonna kill us all".

Also, Judges = Win.

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
Basch is a sexy sexy man. He needs more lines.

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
"OMFG mega villain gonna kill us all".

Something is wrong with you if you didn't find that sexually attractive. (or at least funny) xD

I don't think Vaan is SUPPOSED to have a main story. His "story" is that he is a kid with dreams of soaring the skies and gets his dream when he's carried off into other people's affairs. (due to his horrible theivery -_-)
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
Due to him being a nubcake, more like it.
I think Final Fantasy is unique in how it focuses more on what the characters are involved in, rather than the characters themselves. Also, its nice that they twist it so that the first character you have (Vaan), isnt nessecarily the main character (as Tsuno said).
Also, Vierra = hotness.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
I liked it how it is completely different from all the other FFs. It doesn't seem like a classic FF game at all. But I can't tell, since I played it for like 3 hours and haven't gotten to see any stories. Interesting game.
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
I liked it how it is completely different from all the other FFs. It doesn't seem like a classic FF game at all. But I can't tell, since I played it for like 3 hours and haven't gotten to see any stories. Interesting game.
you should definatley play it more.
also, remeber that if youre short on money, you always have the skill "steal"...

Rep:
Level 96
Does stealing work better than killing baddies in huge chains and selling the loot?

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Well...I sell and steal =P It's a great way. The best place for loot so far (that i've seen) is on the way to the Erjuyt(??) village (the one with all of the viera).Steal and get the Coerul pelt from the Coerul enemies that you meet along the way. They sell for a good penny. (Sorry for the mis spellings. I can't remember the names -.-)

Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
At the moment I'm finding the Twin-Pass in Bhujerba(sp?) mines the best for chaining.

I can make 13+k in 3-4 trips to that part of the map.

Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
At the moment I'm finding the Twin-Pass in Bhujerba(sp?) mines the best for chaining.

wow, really?

(oh, and lavata, i agree)

I never could figure out how to make a huge chain. is it just how many enemies you kill in one map without opening a menu or something?

Rep:
Level 96

Skeletons? I can only get up to a 50 chain before they ... stop showing up as much.

Are you there on your first visit, or later on in the game. (If there is a later on in the game. I assume there is, but I'm not there yet, so if you are don't spoil anything for me.)

Also, I'm really impressed with how each character uses their weapons differently. Balthier tucks his spear under his arm and "punches," Vaan handles it like he's fencing (stepping in), and good god Penelo is so fucking hot with a spear. She uses her whole body when she attacks. Fucking pro, man.

A+

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
FF XII really has alot of detail. For swords, Vaan is all "Ima hunch down an' get you when I wanna", while Basch holds it in one hand skillfully. yeah, youre right, pretty cool.

@Arlen-
There is a return to one of the mines later on, after you get some key thingie. Im not there yet, but i read about it and the map has a long tunnel on it that I can't seem to get to.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
Ok, he got the key fro the kid, that wasn't the problem. He was talking about some door inside and a waterfall. Any ideas WTF he is talking about?
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks

Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
Kool.

I'm talking about the first time.

You don't need to leave the area after you pass over it once. Just turn around and walk over it again. Do this till they stop appearing. Then just go south two screens (takes like 20 seconds) and return to the twin-pass. (Only works for that bridge) And they're replenished. You can get a 140-chain easily. (of course all my characters are lvl 22-24, heh.)

The 99 bones (or whatever) sell for a large sum of teh money. Darkstones make up the rest.

Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!

Rep:
Level 96
Oh, so I guess that means you have to go two screens away to make them come back. Because just going one away doesn't work. Doesn't matter how long you sit there and wait (because that's what I do, too) they just stop coming.

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
oh yeah, i done that one once. I didnt get as many links as you did though ><, because i always thought that leaving the screen ends the link. *shrug*

Rep:
Level 96
No, but entering a non-battle zone does. Like a town or village or what have you.

Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
That and touching a save crystal. (Which means you have to be able to cure easily or not take much damage : ie. one hit them)

Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!