RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[XP] Quintessence - The Blighted Venom [Revamped]

Rep:
Level 89
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Story)Project of the Month winner for May 2007Project of the Month winner for July 20082011 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2011 Project of the Year
Heheh, glad ya liked it then. By the way, you did play the chap 1-4 package instead of the 1-3 one right? (I forgot to take off its dl link earlier, just did.) Since you seem to be that the battle system first appeared at the end of teh demo, heheh.

Rep:
Level 87
????
Hey can i ask a question?
Spoiler for:
at the end of chapter 4 why did the boy pretend to be dead when lurian got the music box and then her father rewarded him?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2007, 03:16:13 AM by BECKY1111 »

Rep:
Level 89
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Story)Project of the Month winner for May 2007Project of the Month winner for July 20082011 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2011 Project of the Year
Please use spoiler tag with that question. :p Put
Spoiler for:
around the message [/spoiler*] (without the *).

I will PM you the answer.

Rep:
Level 87
Aw mah gawd.

The wolf bit the crap out of me. Very good game, Reives! It'll serve as an inspiration for the many others out there.  ;8

Rep:
Level 89
Thanks. :>

Update:
The Ending Music Video, as well as Quintessence's original ending theme, is now finished. You can download the 'video' (in rmxp game format, of course) at http://www.quintessence-tbv.com/Quintessence-EMV.zip. It is just an episodic ending thing, not the whole series. All feedback welcomed!

SCREENSHOTS FROM THE VIDEO:
Spoiler for:

Also, the interiors and exteriors of Aeria are almost finished being mapped. Since it's a capital city, there was a crapload of maps to make. Here are two samples of exterior and interior mappings (80% done, still left with some empty spaces):

SAMPLE MAP SCREENSHOTS IN SPOILER:
Spoiler for:

A sample exterior:

Some sample interiors:

And lastly, some fanarts (Vikon+Salory and Lunair):
FANARTS IN SPOILER:
Spoiler for:
Vikon + Salory by Makio-Kuta:

Lunair:

All feedback welcomed! And remember, feel free to register and drop by at www.quintessence-tbv.com/forum for any related discussions and more thorough updates! :)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2007, 12:10:20 AM by Reives »

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
Me Gonna see it now =D

Seen the Screenshots looks promising.

Edit: ;___; It's soo Beautiful...I luv it.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2007, 12:18:21 AM by Dark Angel Sion »

Rep:
Level 89
Wewt. :> Remember to close other programs before running it, since lag messes up the pace.

Edit: Glad ya like it! :D The song's probably my personal fav of all my compositions so far. Here's a mp3 version of it, it has some crackling due to bad recording though: http://quintessence-tbv.com/Drift_%5BQEnding%5D_Kan_Gao.mp3
« Last Edit: August 25, 2007, 12:22:33 AM by Reives »

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
 :) I have to say I luv how you've done this...and i'd which to know how to do Intros and Endings...

;D It looks so much like and Anime...=X Something I have been trying to do with mines and has taken me a whole long time since I originally release the 1st Chapter...

I'd pretty guess my Remake will be good once I release the Small episodes I am making here =D

Rep:
Level 89
Heheh, actually I think I was in your exact situation a year ago. I remade the game to be more anime/show-like with all the new tricks I learned, and this is the result! The old version is probably still lying around somewhere, and I sometimes play through part of it for laughs. :D (Though I alt+f4 while cringing at parts of it, heh.)

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
 ;) I think I too would laugh playing this in the future...=X seen as the other projects were a failure...yet their always reborn =)

I can't wait for the next update =X

Rep:
Level 89
Mm, I haven't been back here for a while. Just like to update that Chapter V is expected to come out in 2 weeks, lengthed about 45 minutes.

A couple of screenshots:

And here's a random youtube video of extra feature; Quintessence's main theme, To Realize's "live" performance by Reivier and Lunair in its cheesy guitar and harmonica arrangement.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sf1RHY-oycw

Oh, and out of boredom I recorded sample battles of normal battle, the first mini-boss fight, and the thief fight for reference for those that are having trouble with the battle system. Some tips and strategies etc. are included in the description of them. (Although if you want to figure things out yourself, don't read them. Especially for the boss battles.)

Second Boss (Thief?):
http://youtube.com/watch?v=pOSQ0KgkVps

Normal Battles:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=vz9SqVtVNlg

First Mini-Boss (Digger):
http://youtube.com/watch?v=S7JMpjIg58k

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Most Mature Member2011 Best Veteran2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Most Mature Member
Good stuff. I can't wait to see Chapter 5

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
D< CHAPTER 5 IS COMING!!!!!!
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEH!!!!!!

=X I can't wait!

>:] I await the next Update in the next 2 Weeks, Will they have the Ending like an Anime Everytime a Chapter ends or is it just for the credits?

Rep:
Level 89
The ending music video? Mm, not for every chapter. It's just a general opening vid and ending vid, like in typical anime shows.  D:

Here's the new enhanced animated title screen sequence and seamless intro transition:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2eYBs2A0rVU

« Last Edit: October 09, 2007, 09:36:57 PM by Reives »

Rep:
Level 87
Oh, nice! But, what's with the big round circle used as a marker? It's kinda too big. The new font on the tile is nice. But, somehow, I think the 3 options' text are a little too big, perhaps reduce the size a little?

Rep:
Level 89
Ah, I actually do agree with you with the size; but I received a lot more criticism before on it being too small, so I'll probably just stick with this for now. Well, might reduce it a little still, but might not have time to edit it for this upcoming release. Much thanks for the suggestion none the less! :)

P.S.
A lovely fanart of Lunair by Arwym Starlight! :>

« Last Edit: October 10, 2007, 03:49:42 PM by Reives »

Rep:
Level 91

Rep:
Level 87
Ah, I actually do agree with you with the size; but I received a lot more criticism before on it being too small, so I'll probably just stick with this for now. Well, might reduce it a little still, but might not have time to edit it for this upcoming release. Much thanks for the suggestion none the less! :)

The only problem I found in the previous release is its font was so thin that made it a nuisance to see, the size back then wasn't a problem, at least to me. I don't know if others meant that too...or not.

P.S.
A lovely fanart of Lunair by Arwym Starlight! :>

;8

Rep:
Level 89
Yep, I know what you mean. I'm mainly just don't have the time though, as it's rather trivial, and I am too lazy to go back and calculate all the coordinates while nearing deadline. It's surely one of the things to improve upon in the future though. :>

Rep:
Level 87
oh wow, i am so excited about this. i have this thread on notify just awaiting your updates =) do you know yet how many chapters you would like to release total? I don't want it to end XD Excellent work on it, I rarely make time to play games anymore but this is so worth it. I am very impressed but your persistence. so many people just let their projects fade away. Games are hard work but this game had been worth the work in my opinion. Can we hope for more Vikon this round? XD Oh i just love him! 

Rep:
Level 89
Probably 11-15 chapters in total. :> However, I do have intentions and plans on two sequels - but that's just dreamy talk. Even if I do end up making them, there would be a long break after the first one for me. :p

And indeed you can hope for more Vikon! However, there's only one scene this time... But I promise it's something extra special. :) But I can imagine that it's a bit too cheesy for some, heh. You'll see what I'mean.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2007, 06:01:31 PM by Reives »

Rep:
Level 89

For information and download:
http://www.quintessence-tbv.com/forum/index.php?topic=50.msg0;boardseen#new

Sorry, too tired to reformat the thing to this board's code. D: Enjoy!

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Most Mature Member2011 Best Veteran2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Most Mature Member
Good stuff, downloading now.

Rep:
Level 89
Wewt. :>

P.S. Here is a newer version with some bugs fixed for those who haven't downloaded it yet:
www.quintessence-tbv.com/Q-TBV(C1-5) v 1.1.zip

Rep:
Level 87
I absolutely love it! Very good job on making the game! (I want to be as skilledz as you o.o) Good luck on completing it, and as the others say, it is a huge inspiration to game makers! (To me, it's huge XD)

Good work and good luck~