RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[XP] Quintessence - The Blighted Venom [Revamped]

Rep:
Level 89
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Story)Project of the Month winner for July 2008Project of the Month winner for May 20072011 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2011 Project of the Year2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Thanks. :) As for how long it takes, it sorta depends. For this one for example, I kinda did a small part and then got stuck for a whole day not sure what to do. Then the next day I made a sketch of the overall layout and got it done in less than an hour. I found that a plan before making helps a whole lot.

Rep:
Level 90
Returned from the dead.
Crikey... I outta stop rushing my maps :D
Sincerely,
Your conscience.

Rep:
Level 89
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Story)Project of the Month winner for July 2008Project of the Month winner for May 20072011 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2011 Project of the Year2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
It's sometimes a good way to just make the basic map and add more detail to it as time goes on though, since sitting there and map for hours is annoy as hell. :-\

Rep:
Level 88
*yawn*
just a quick thing, that tileset for the interior tent and the Capital City of Aeria, the one with all the flowers, did you make those?

PS..... can I have it?  :bean:

Rep:
Level 89
I PMed you the tent one; I mixed and edited lots of tiles from several sources for the Aeria one.

I finished making the interiors for the main building, here are some screenshots for now. I appologize for the square-ness, but since they are mostly single rooms in a corridor, it doesn't really make sense to make too odd of the shapes; and it really isn't as bad as the screenshots seem when you actually walk around in it to feel the connectivity.

(Zomg sideway stairs stolen from Memento Vivere! Idea at least. ;) ):

(Didn't bother to make sitting char-sets for temporary filler characters :P):

The tilesets are edited/mixed/recolored then compiled from various sources.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
"and it really isn't as bad as the screenshots seem when you actually walk around in it to feel the connectivity"
but the screenshots don't look bad to start with  :tpg:
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 89
Heheh, I'm getting more of a hang to it now. Also learning more about interior mapping and editing from good samples such as MV.

If Ham didn't taste like Ham, I would hope it tasted like turkey
Rep:
Level 88
>:O
I <3 you're mapping so much.  Very nice work.

<3
Rep:
Level 90
I <3 you're mapping so much.  Very nice work.

I second that comment! I'm currently playing chapter 1 VERY slowly as I watch a bunch of movies and I must say its looking good =D

~Winged

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Beautiful screenshots. Your idea to use custom fogs for every interior is very clever. You are one of the best on RMRK for sure. Good luck with the rest of your mapping.

Rep:
Level 90
Skilled Scripter, Shitty Mapper, Decent Writer.
Geez Reives! What are you? The god(dess) of mapping? I'm very impressed with your work! It's not healthy for my card system project but I'll definitely download this and have a look! ^_^

EDIT:Wierd...the CBS link zip file is corrupted???? No matter how many times I re-download it, Winzip keeps saying it's corrupt... -_-;
« Last Edit: May 12, 2007, 01:40:10 PM by Shinami »

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007
Heheh, I'm getting more of a hang to it now. Also learning more about interior mapping and editing from good samples such as MV.

You are mapping better then "me"...

Rep:
Level 89
Thanks!

To be honest, I found that the best way to make a map look good is to literally edit the tilesets when you see something you want to do or when something doesn't fit, or mix up several tilesets when the situation allows. A lot of flexibility that way, and new things are always refreshing. I am not really as good of a mapper as some of the pros here, but editing tilesets give me a lot of flexibility and makes it look refreshing. :)

Edit:
@Shinami-
Eh, that's strange, the CBS dl .rar has been working for me and others.  ??? You are using WINRAR right?
(In case you're not, http://www.download.com/WinRAR/3000-2250_4-10614813.html?tag=lst-0-2 is the WINRAR downloading link; a common compression program.)
By the way, mode07 isn't yet implemented in that battle demo dl; I haven't updated it yet.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2007, 05:34:43 PM by Reives »

Rep:
Level 90
Skilled Scripter, Shitty Mapper, Decent Writer.
Thanks!

To be honest, I found that the best way to make a map look good is to literally edit the tilesets when you see something you want to do or when something doesn't fit, or mix up several tilesets when the situation allows. A lot of flexibility that way, and new things are always refreshing. I am not really as good of a mapper as some of the pros here, but editing tilesets give me a lot of flexibility and makes it look refreshing. :)
Aye. I mix and match various tile sets to create the look I want. I've sprited my own pictures to hang on walls but they look like crap because I'm not too good at making custom graphics...yet...

Edit:
@Shinami-
Eh, that's strange, the CBS dl .rar has been working for me and others.  ??? You are using WINRAR right?
Always and forever I shall have Winrar installed on my PC. I just haven't updated it in a year? Assuming it receives updates of course.

Rep:
Level 87
????
Hey Awsome game where did ya get the full screen script!
I made one but the graphics arent so good =(

Rep:
Level 89
The full screen script's from somewhere on this forum's script section, or script database. Try finding it there; if you still don't find it I'll extract it for ya.  :)

(On a side note I just took a break watching Elfen Lied (13 episodes, google video search Elfen Lied episode #). I have to say that it is by far the most violent/graphical anime I have ever came across. However it is one of the better shows out there, and I strongly recommend it if you are 17+. (Warning: Heavy external and psychological violence, nudity and gore. Sad story.))

Rep:
Level 87
????
All of them are blurry

Rep:
Level 89
Eh, what do you mean blurry?

The one I'm using is just these lines added to Main:

showm = Win32API.new 'user32', 'keybd_event', %w(l l l l), ''
   showm.call(18,0,0,0)
   showm.call(13,0,0,0)
   showm.call(13,0,2,0)
   showm.call(18,0,2,0)

I'm using a modified version of main that takes away the normal title screen, so I'm not sure exactly when to add that to the default main, but there's only a few lines of code there anyhow so just try it out.  :)

Rep:
Level 87
????
Ok Thanks i think you put it before Begin

Rep:
Level 89
'k, just came back from a break; working on some new facesets used in Chapter 2 now. The Aerian Central map was a pretty huge foundation to build for the chapter's setting, but that's mostly done now so I can soon start getting some real progression through the chapter.  :)

Rep:
Level 90
Returned from the dead.
Cool... can't wait for demo 2 ;8
Sincerely,
Your conscience.

Rep:
Level 89
Woo. :D

I finished some chunks of Chapter 2 today, and started working on a new title theme that actually incorporates Quintessence's main theme "To Realize" into it.

This is what I got so far (in attachment; under 200kb in size, playable in Windows Media Player):
(Feedback/critique/suggestion welcomed)

And also, I made it so that the title page randomizes itself to a different weather/time everytime it loads; no longer is it always night. ;)
E.g.:

With the animated weather, especially rain, it really fits with this new title theme in attachment in my opinion.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 06:48:47 AM by Reives »

Rep:
Level 88
Back with RMVX!
Awsome, very nice. I'm in the middle of playing chapter 1 at the moment, and I really like it.
PROPERTY OF TEABAG!!! ALL HAIL TEABAG!!!

Rep:
Level 89
Edit: ----Nvm, ignore this post---
« Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 09:43:07 PM by Reives »

Rep:
Level 87
* To Realize - Orchestra (Not Fin, Piano Edited).ogg (177.46 KB - downloaded 2 times.)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 01:48:47 AM by Reives »

i was not able to download this, it shows up as a file does not open with anything. tried to open with windows media anyways but it didn't work.