RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Newbie to RPG Maker needs a lot of help

Rep:
Level 38
RMRK Junior
Hi, I'm StormyAmethyst, and I'm a newbie to RPG Maker.

I picked up RPG Maker VX Ace during a Steam sale last summer, but I'm still learning the ins and outs of everything.

It's great to be here, and I hope I can get all my questions answered and on my way towards making my own game.

Rep:
Level 39
N
2014 Zero to Hero
Are you actually been trying whereas can seem to hardly be found?

Rep:
Level 38
RMRK Junior
This is what I have done so far:

--wrote a basic story premise
--created three playable characters
--created main villain
--started weapon, armor, item, and skill lists
--started gathering music
--created cold open setting (a living room, since the part the player controls is actually a TV show
--created the characters that will be watching said TV show
--wrote the script for the cold opening
--put in script that will trigger said cold opening

Rep:
Level 39
N
2014 Zero to Hero
This is what I have done so far:

--wrote a basic story premise
--created three playable characters
--created main villain
--started weapon, armor, item, and skill lists
--started gathering music
--created cold open setting (a living room, since the part the player controls is actually a TV show
--created the characters that will be watching said TV show
--wrote the script for the cold opening
--put in script that will trigger said cold opening

That certainly can as to being goes intensely lol

Rep:
Level 38
RMRK Junior
My main problem is with events at the moment

Rep:
Level 39
N
2014 Zero to Hero

Importantly convention dictates yadeem merely côriell dan saxe di go a fds . @afs , .,4% … …  :irock2:

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Hi Stormy, welcome to the forums and enjoy your stay.

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
2014 Most Missed Member2013 Most Mature Member2013 Kindest Member2013 Best Counsel2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer2012 Kindest Member2012 Best Counselluv u bb <3Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantFor taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2010 Kindest Member
Hi!  Wipe your feet, avoid the sewers (it's nasty down there), and enjoy your stay!  :ladyj:

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Most Mature Member
Welcome to RMRK.

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
Welcome to rmrk, last bastion of the Crazily Sane ~

Hope you enjoy you're stay

'w')/

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Project of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
This is a really weird welcome thread.

Well, a well welcome to you anyways! B)
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 38
RMRK Junior
Thanks,everyone!

I find it kinda cool you have your own on forum Pokemon game, because the game I'm hoping to make involves Pokemon.

Rep:
Level 70
RMRK Junior

Whats the difficulty with events?
Heretic's Vehicles XP (Boat and Magic Carpet)

Heretic's Collection XP Ver 2.3 - Updated to include Dynamic Lighting, Moving Platforms, Vehicles, and much much more!

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Most of us here find events to be historically.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 39
N
2014 Zero to Hero
Most of us here find events to be historically.

This.

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Welcome to RMRK! Enjoy your stay :D

Rep:
Level 72
~Few people understand the beauty of the night~
2014 Best Topic
Welcome welcome.. If it's events, I've always used them whenever possible, and although not the total expert here, but I'm always willing to help where I acn :)
Download http://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm5v281q6E1qde50fo1.mp3