RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Screenshot Thread

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
The game isn't pokemon. If you can find me a modern tileset that's as good looking as the pokemon ones, I'll take it! ;8

So these are four maps stung together, and the one with the building is with the main characters, excluding the guard.
These maps are set in a dense forest with a large lake, where a government military research facility is located.
The research lab has yet to be finished, so these are just the preceding four maps. The first two are supposed to be on the other side of the lake, so they don't tile well.
Spoiler for:

Rep:
Level 84
Whether you think you can defend your game or not, you should at least have the common sense to see that that 4 people (All much more skilled than you) telling you to fix it means that you should probably fix it.

Okay, 5 people: I'd say if you touch up on the dialogue (as in, make it sound more like people interacting, not one guy after another speaking in strict, rigid English) and give your villain ample reasoning behind coming for the mayor (Give him some sort of backstory, it's always nice to have a multifaceted antagonist), you can probably move on.

Thanks for being rude. I have common sense.

There is back story of why the villain is coming for the mayor. That information is given in another cut scene before this takes place. His true identity will not be revealed until later in the game.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween

There is back story of why the villain is coming for the mayor. That information is given in another cut scene before this takes place. His true identity will not be revealed until later in the game.

he's not being rude.
your dialogue is stiff, like textbooks talking to each other.
and the scene itself is boring

it's called criticism.  If you came here expecting people to praise you unconditionally you're in the wrong place.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
The game isn't pokemon. If you can find me a modern tileset that's as good looking as the pokemon ones, I'll take it! ;8

So these are four maps stung together, and the one with the building is with the main characters, excluding the guard.
These maps are set in a dense forest with a large lake, where a government military research facility is located.
The research lab has yet to be finished, so these are just the preceding four maps. The first two are supposed to be on the other side of the lake, so they don't tile well.
Spoiler for:

ยด???` The only thing that makes me wonder is the Lamps on the little island, other than that, the rest looks good & eye catchy.

Whether you think you can defend your game or not, you should at least have the common sense to see that that 4 people (All much more skilled than you) telling you to fix it means that you should probably fix it.

Okay, 5 people: I'd say if you touch up on the dialogue (as in, make it sound more like people interacting, not one guy after another speaking in strict, rigid English) and give your villain ample reasoning behind coming for the mayor (Give him some sort of backstory, it's always nice to have a multifaceted antagonist), you can probably move on.

That's not what he meant, he's telling you from the dialogue, the Villain himself, from the battle all the way, it's just seem bland and boring, like something that came from a movie with bad dubbing.

Rep:
Level 84

he's not being rude.

it's called criticism.  If you came here expecting people to praise you unconditionally you're in the wrong place.

It is rude telling someone he or she does not have common sense.

Sorry, I did not know that this is one of the forums that allows people to say "hey you suck". I am just making this game for fun. I am not expecting fame. However, I would never go out of my way just to try to bring a fellow game developer down.

Rep:
Level 87
And it is rude to assume that people are being rude by just saying: "Hey there guy! Let's give you some tips on how to improve your game!"

Your text is bland and you have grammatical errors. I'm not bringing your game down, I'm just pointing out stuff that could be improved to increase likelihood of your fun project being downloaded more. :]

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys

he's not being rude.

It is rude telling someone he or she does not have common sense.

Sorry, I did not know that this is one of the forums that allows people to say "hey you suck". I am just making this game for fun. I am not expecting fame. However, I would never go out of my way just to try to bring a fellow game developer down.
No one has said your game sucks horribly . . . thou those are another $20 bucks if you say so yourself. Fun or not, If it's for your own self, why the hell are you posting a screen if you don't want to be given criticism? I'm sorry, but, from your comments, your coming out as a crybaby who can't accept his own obvious mistake & everytime it's pointed out, you'd cry out. If you can't take it, why the F*ck bother posting it in the first place?

& I'll stop to this sentence before I go AVGN On you.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Ok ok, let's stop arguing what the basics of being rude is. I know we've tried giving him some advice (however blunt), so I won't say let's stop and just help, since we did that, so instead how about someone else post a new screenshot - unless there's something we haven't covered with R-R's screenshot/video that would be beneficial for him.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Okay, so here's the first four maps of the research facility grounds...it's 4 1/2 size 20x20 maps pasted together. I'm not sure I like the upper left hand map. Looking at it all strung together like this is great, I can see some mistakes between the maps; especially the transition/building between the top-right and top-left.

Still have to do the right side of the complex, as well as the snowy mountain area.

Thanks Karo for the feed back on the first set! I agree about the lightposts, I'm having trouble finding a better way to do it, however I am experimenting with custom tiles.

Rep: +0/-0Level 85
It's been awhile since I posted here, but I think between the time of my last post and now, that my mapping has improved, here are a couple pictures of a couple maps I whipped up in the last few weeks.

What do you guys think?

Rep:
Level 84
Silek, nice map. It looks really good.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
I was about to ask why there was ice in a desert, but now i see its shallow water. Duh on me.

Very good, sir.
:tinysmile:

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
 :-X Sir Jack, I like your map a lot, I don't see anything wrong with it :3

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
OOOOO, Karo, I love those snow tree monsters. Damnit, now I'm pissed I hadn't thought of that :mad: lol

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys

Thanx Grafikal ^^;;

pokeball DysOffline
Rep: +0/-0Level 83

Rep: +0/-0Level 85
Wow, that looks gorgeous Karo! And I love the snow tree monsters in the last one.

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007
There's an error in the screenshot Karo:

Other from that, it's a good map :)

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Oh my god Karo..that's absolutely gorgeous!
The screen tone for those are really well done, it fits so well. The kind of washed out blue/green look is just fantastic.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)

Made with a real 3-D model, but I'm too lazy to do more than use a still shot. I like how this one came out.

I'm unsatisfied with the background of this, I need to figure out how to sprite some clouds in or at least add a better gradient. Supposed to be a good boss battle, looks like I didn't quite catch a good shot for it though. n_n;

Star Quest's new project thread. :3

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
There's an error in the screenshot Karo:
Spoiler for:

Other from that, it's a good map :)
Ah, thanks for pointing it out, from the look of it, I might have to 'edit' it as a separate tile.

>w<

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Spoiler for:

Made with a real 3-D model, but I'm too lazy to do more than use a still shot. I like how this one came out.

I'm unsatisfied with the background of this, I need to figure out how to sprite some clouds in or at least add a better gradient. Supposed to be a good boss battle, looks like I didn't quite catch a good shot for it though. n_n;

a-fuckin-mazing

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)

Hm... mapping wise, excellent! Maybe it's just me though, but the fog seems a bit too thick. What would it look like if it was more transparent? Otherwise, it's fantastic as always! :3

Spoiler for:

a-fuckin-mazing

:zemb:

Also, 5000th post. :3

pokeball DysOffline
Rep: +0/-0Level 83
Spoiler for:

Nice! Also nice german name for your airship