RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Screenshot Thread

Rep:
Level 62
RMRK Junior
Daria: I like what you've done with the water, it was definitely a creative solution. That said, I think the shore could use a bit more detail so the water itself doesn't overpower it. Also, what's with the hedges by the house?

Agreed on the shore. Was thinking some shells and foot prints/tracks. Maybe even some shore plants/reeds. Also the hedges are currently stand ins made with tree tiles until I either find a nice RTP-friendly resource or draw one myself.

Also love the orphanage, looks appropriately derelict. Something about those barrels looks pasted on though. I think because they mostly line up too perfectly and sit on a tangent line with the bottom of the building.

Rep:
Level 64
RMRK Junior

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
Very exotic! Yuyubabe likes. :V

I have a friend named "Hamza"...
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.a^2 + b^2 = c^2How can I help you? :DSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
It's a very nice map.  :)

Masyaf? Are they assassins? :o

Rep: +0/-0Level 69
RMRK Junior

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Amazing script as always TDS, but I'm in the same boat as NAMKOR. You never specified if you were looking for feedback, but if I may, I think it would be a lot more engaging if you gave the player more direct control over the combat.

That's what I was thinking.  It's creating a very passive game if all I do is watch my party fight for me.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 64
RMRK Junior
I have a friend named "Hamza"...
Masyaf? Are they assassins? :o
LOL

Thanks for comments, this screen is not my project, it was a test to try to map different environments, instead of the usual forest.
If someone is interested here is the translation into English of the message:
Shimon, how many days does it take to get to Masyaf? It is now more than a week we travel...

Rep:
Level 83
King in the North!
I'm not sure I posted these new updates and maps.... >.>

Anyone, not only am posting for the cave, but for the autotile of the water. I spent weeks spriting it as I HATED the square water. I mean, SO unrealistic in a cave. :P

What do you guys think?
Spoiler for:

Since the image won't work for the second one, here is a URL instead:
http://i52.tinypic.com/34gk0oo.jpg

If its too dark to see, just say so and I can get a blank version. :)

Magitek~
Winter is Coming

Rep:
Level 60
Creativity is all I have.
What do you guys think?
Spoiler for:

Since the image won't work for the second one, here is a URL instead:
http://i52.tinypic.com/34gk0oo.jpg

If its too dark to see, just say so and I can get a blank version. :)

Magitek~
I don't mind the darkness and you have a solid start here. Yet, you are missing something very important. The first screen stands for its own. It's a basic cave map, nothing wrong with it. I would like to mention that you miss depth. All the walls go straight down, it isn't natural. Try to do it in layers and build it up to make it look more realistic. This won't only help you in maps such as caves, but also mountain maps. I'll post a map of myself in a second to give you an idea of what I'm talking about.
The things I don't like would be the light radiating from the crystals and the orbs in the right-down corner. Unfortunately, the water which you spent so long on already existed and is one of the auto-tiles I always use.

As for my own little map, it isn't done yet. This is the small corner that I managed to finish for the most part. I still need to use the event layer to add the last details I can add and some NPC's to give it a good fibe, but I'm pretty pleased with the results so far. Feedback is always welcome :)

Rep:
Level 83
King in the North!
Firstly, thanks for the feedback!  ^-^

Oh! At first I was unsure of what you meant by "depth", but I understand now (if the image you posted was in fact the image you mentioned). I'll get an edited version up and see if its better. I agree about the crystal's light, but I can't seem to get any other color to work with it; purple, red, yellow. Only blue seems to work. Is it the light in whole that is the problem, or the color of the light or how I handled the light?

There was an autotile?! I looked for months and could not find it.  :'( Well, at least the spriting it did served another purpose. The version you are using most likely looks better than mine. May I ask for a link to it?

As for your map, I very much like it and would love to see the entire thing finished. (You combined two of my most favorite things; forests/trees and mountains)  8)

I particularly like the top left side of the map, where the cave entrance is. I would totally sit on that log and read if I found a place like that. I have a preference of taste, only, so it is not really a complaint as it looks fine either way, but anyways; for the little trees that are 'weeping' they don't seem to have 'parent' trees around (full grown versions). But again, not really a complaint. :)

(EDIT: Forum posts a small message at the ends of posts now?)
Winter is Coming

Rep:
Level 85
Winter is here.
MagictekElite: Nice map, but the lighting is a bit too harsh. Softening it up would really make a difference. This applies to both the torches and the crystals.

YellowPepper: Also a very nice map, but I would personally avoid placing flora on cliff edges. It doesn't look very natural to me. The rays of light are a nice touch, by the way.
Eddard Stark art by Teiiku

Rep:
Level 62
RMRK Junior
Yellowpepper: I'm totally jealous, I need to figure out how to properly do leveled maps. I agree with Ryosis though, the flowers on the very edge of your cliffs just don't sit right.
MagictekElite: Heh, maybe my moniter's too dark but I can't see your screen very well on this forum either. ;)

And this is a new battlebackground I frankensprited. The only original element in the piece is the mountain in the background.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 12:52:39 PM by Daria »

Rep:
Level 60
Firstly, thanks for the feedback!  ^-^

Oh! At first I was unsure of what you meant by "depth", but I understand now (if the image you posted was in fact the image you mentioned). I'll get an edited version up and see if its better.
Your welcome, can't wait to see some results! :D
There was an autotile?! I looked for months and could not find it.  :'( Well, at least the spriting it did served another purpose. The version you are using most likely looks better than mine. May I ask for a link to it?
Unfortunately, I can't find it on my computer. I know Mark (Mark1707) has it, so I'll wait for him to get online on MSN and bug him for it
I particularly like the top left side of the map, where the cave entrance is. I would totally sit on that log and read if I found a place like that. I have a preference of taste, only, so it is not really a complaint as it looks fine either way, but anyways; for the little trees that are 'weeping' they don't seem to have 'parent' trees around (full grown versions). But again, not really a complaint. :)
Haha, seems like I did a good job at making it look natural. As for the whole thing with the parent tree's, let's just say that the villagers planted those.  ::)

YellowPepper: Also a very nice map, but I would personally avoid placing flora on cliff edges. It doesn't look very natural to me. The rays of light are a nice touch, by the way.
I studied the placements of the plants after you said that. Fortunately, the roots should be just in the grass zone which clears my ass. Still, I can see that some wouldn't see that at first or second glance, which made me change the borders of the cliffs a little. (There is a tile that has a thinner border/ledge.) Thanks for the compliments btw. Also, about the rays of light; I placed it in an event and made it so that the rays change as time passes. I love natural sunlight!  ;D

So, I've been working on the map this whole morning. Finished some details from the map I posted before and then started to work on the while cliff formation. Took me 1 a 2 hours, something like that. They aren't filled in YET, but I guess that I want to see the reactions from you guys. That and maybe some tips or error reports :) (All 3 screens I posted are 1 map. Look closely and you'll see what goes where :D)

Rep:
Level 83
King in the North!
I looked, and I could only find this one. :(

Yes, you did a great job at it. And you have animated light? That makes the map even better. As for your new map, I like the placement, its a great start. Especially this part here. Unfortunately, there isn't much to comment on so, my post is flimsy.  :-[
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 09:09:02 PM by MagitekElite »
Winter is Coming

Rep:
Level 60
I managed to get them, two; thanks to the Dutch Gamemaking Community! :)

Spoiler for Autotiles:

Rep:
Level 83
King in the North!
Ah, thanks for sharing! I see now what you mean. Mine is a lot different though. Its a cave autotile, and its basic round with some slight differences.  :P

@Daria:
That is pretty awesome! :D I only see one thing that is bothering me. The flower-thing at the bottom left corner. Its side is covered. Is it supposed to be?
Winter is Coming

Rep:
Level 85
Winter is here.
Daria: It's a good start, but it could probably benefit from a little fleshing out, and some of your trees have clashing styles. That said, I really love how the grass seems to grow up around the base of said trees. It's a nice little tidbit of detail.

YellowPepper: The second map threw me off for a second there, but now that I know it's supposed to be an overhang, I really like the effect. All your maps need now is a little more life.
Eddard Stark art by Teiiku

Rep:
Level 62
RMRK Junior

Magitek Elite: It was suppose to have a little grass overlapping, but you're right it looked weird, so I toned it back some.

Ryosis: I don't see how the trees clash, as they're all drawn in the same style with similar color schemes, but the two mirrored trees did look oddly symmetrical, so I covered over the "brighter" tree.

The battles are suppose to take place in this map, hence all the different trees: *linked due to large size*
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 06:46:01 AM by Daria »

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Daria, what tileset are you using? it looks nice :P

Rep:
Level 62
RMRK Junior
Daria, what tileset are you using? it looks nice :P

It's mostly XP RTP grassland, with foliage and rocks borrowed from all the other outdoor sets. I do a lot of editing and recoloring as I build my maps. In fact I always work with RPGMaker open in one window, and Photoshop in another.

I'm not sure who made the mid-size tree or the water autotile, I need to track down the creators for those.

Rep:
Level 83
King in the North!
@IAMFORTE:

The more detailed trees? You can find it here, but I have no idea who made them...

@Daria:

It looks a lot better! Maybe I'm picky, but the grassing over the plant thing was really drawing my attention too much. I like it much better this way! Good work with the clustering & background! ;)
Winter is Coming

Rep:
Level 73
Artista
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2012 Best Artist2011 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)Winner - 2011 Summer Project of the Season
The tree was made by Mack :)
My current project:

Rep:
Level 62
RMRK Junior

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.a^2 + b^2 = c^2How can I help you? :DSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII

Messing around with H-mode 7.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
Whoa, that's neat. Or at least, I see how it could be neat with some work.
:tinysmile: