RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Screenshot Thread

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Most Successful Troll2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
The Shadow: I think the first one looks more natural.

Rep:
Level 89
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Story)Project of the Month winner for July 2008Project of the Month winner for May 20072011 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2011 Project of the Year2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
I'd go with the first one too. I like the second one better by itself, but on that background, the first seems more fitting. By the way, it might be a good idea to have different opacities for them; that might give it a less uniform-flame ish feel. :)

Rep:
Level 90
Spoiler for:

Just before entering the tower of Batroga to end V.8

Vestopa is the castle of the dead. To get in, you will need to face them.

When you return to Vestopa, the defenders will not treat you as nicely.

The prison of Vestopa Castle is in shambles due to Lord Sordik's pet.

The first floor of Vestopa is in ruins from the corpses.

To get through Lord Sordik's secret passage, all four switches must be flipped.

The town of Lamenista after the skies turn red.

Inside the grand hotel of Lamenista. An expensive night's stay.

The pub is always a great place to find information and rumors.

The churches are around to revive your dead and fully heal your wounded when you cannot afford the inns.

RPGs are all about choices, and seeing goals that you cannot immediately achieve.

Kendall Grove at night. Where the beast stalks for children!

King Armonik cannot help for a specific reason.

Inside Krandu, the cave of the beast.

The bones of those that have lurked inside of Krandu. Not all bones are still though.

There are puzzles galore in Krandu, including the way to call and defeat the beast.

community project for RPG Maker VX: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,33789.0.html

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
I like your choice of tints - they set the mood of some of those maps really well. Also, the maps look great - I didn't even think it was possible to make good maps in VX, but yeah - I like them.

Rep:
Level 89
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Story)Project of the Month winner for July 2008Project of the Month winner for May 20072011 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2011 Project of the Year2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
@maia:
Looking nice, I especially like that bar/inn map. The prison seems slightly clustered with one-tile objects, though; but they may be for a purpose.

~~~

*Inhales*
[Now available: C7&8]

[Excuse the shameless plug.]

Rep:
Level 90
Thanks so much for commenting. I am hearing crickets at the real post. As for the prison looking clustered. It is in shambles from the pet that lives there. Prisoners are fed to the pet :-)
community project for RPG Maker VX: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,33789.0.html

Rep:
Level 89
Let's attack agressively.
@maia:
Those are great. Especially the Hotel and Bar map. 10/10

@Reives:
I see a carnival there! I don't quite understand the third one 9/10

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007

Rep:
Level 88
Illuminaudio
Looking good as always, Shadow.

Attached: Oh hell... ghosts? Honestly?

Rep:
Level 89
Wow Dertt! 10/10 I see... 3 ghost.

Rep:
Level 90

Rep:
Level 89
Enter The Cave

Mini-Game finished :D

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
@maia - nice cave

@shadow - those look pretty nice.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)

I'm trying out a new intro of sorts. Blood is slowly dripping from the edge of the knife the entire time as the "camera" slowly pans up to the knife and the mysterious hand holding it. I've still got some work to do, but how does it look so far?

Rep:
Level 89
So far, it looks pretty good. The knife needs some more work, but other from that, I like the idea of it.

Rep:
Level 87
That look really good, Zylos.

Rep:
Level 89
@Shadow:
Looking good, I especially like the vines in the cave - they really add a nice touch.

@Zylo:
Great concept. I think the knife could benefit from shading some kind of edge to it - just use the Dodge tool and trace along one of the borders, if you have photoshop. :)

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
Shadow, there is something about the second screenshot...  The cliff where the chest is.  Something about it seems wrong to me... I don't know how to explain it.

Rep:
Level 97
Yeah, I've been looking at that cliff too and it looks like it's not on the correct level. The cliff there has a level base, so that it looks like it continues directly from the level on the left, even though the level on the left should be two squares higher.

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
Yeah, I've been looking at that cliff too and it looks like it's not on the correct level. The cliff there has a level base, so that it looks like it continues directly from the level on the left, even though the level on the left should be two squares higher.

Yeah, that's it!  Thanks for noticing and explaining it.  :)

Rep:
Level 88
Illuminaudio
I just started re-mapping my game's first castle town.

am i doin it rite?

Rep:
Level 89
am i doin it rite?

Actually, I really like the way you're going with that. It also reminds me much of how I mapped with that set in Aeria, heheh. There are some empty spaces there, but I'm pretty sure it's because that it is still work in progress. Looks organized like a city is supposed to, and the recolours of roofs add a nice touch. So far, looks great. :)

Rep:
Level 89
am i doin it rite?

Yes, the map is still a bit empty but I know your still in work with it. Also I like the recolors of the roofs.

Rep:
Level 97
I haven't mapped in a really long time, so I decided to start practicing again. This is what I came up with for a small farming centre (not actually farms, but like a village surrounded by farms). The tileset was created/edited by ccoa, with a few minor additions of my own. Also, the rounded water and grass autotiles were made by Shadow Slayer and the dirt patch by savarast

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
The middle part of the map, with the land bulging out into the water seems odd to me.
Setting that aside, your map is pretty good and have good detail in it.
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.