RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Screenshot Thread

Rep:
Level 71
Entity Humanoid Interface
Isn't this Hanzo's tileset? Wow these days I've, like, been seeing these VS tileset like everywhere XD

For a clear waterfall you can try this, it was Venetia's RTP edit work, it always looks really nice in my old maps :D
I support \\(>O<)b

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Hey, thanks. That looks much better. And yeah, they're from the VS tilesets.

Rep:
Level 91
Possible layout for an App for my game.

www.afar.ws

pokeball TDSOffline
Rep:
Level 84
-T D S-
Silver - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - Game In A Week VII
Wanted to make a script of something I knew nothing about.

The cards were a tight fit, but I managed to push it all in.

And yes, I know the cards and borders look crappy.

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Well, it looks like you know at least a bit about what you're making a script of. :V
That looks fine, TDS.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007

Rep:
Level 75
Looks nice 9/10
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 08:18:44 PM by CodeMaster »

Spoiler for:

Spoiler for:
John 3:16: For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life

Rep:
Level 84
Your fence seems to be having issues by the house. 9/10 because the fence is screwy.

Rep: +0/-0Level 70
RMRK Junior
What do you think about these screenshots???? (they are a bunch of pictures XD)

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Those bikes are MASSIVE

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
First one (title screen) is fairly awesome, but I'm curious why the title is in English but the commands are in Spanish. Are you mid translation or something?

Second is definitely nice. Only thing bothering me is how the grammar sounds, but it's believable for a first person narrative type.

Third one starts to cut to the meat of the game. Right off the bat I notice that the main character's sprite is of a completely different style than that of the zombies, and it is rather distracting. The room feels a bit... crowded on one side and empty everywhere else, and it's kinda unbelievable for a real library. I would suggest spacing your stuff out some more, adding a bit more detail in between, that sort of thing. Pretty much ask yourself if this was your own personal library and you were standing in it, how would you set it up?

I absolutely LOVE the lighting and shadows that you've got there. I don't think I've ever seen that sort of set up before, I'm gonna have to PM you sometime to ask what sort of script you used for it. However, I do notice that it also effects your HUD up there in the corner. It's pretty dark in a lot of the screenshots, and that's not a good thing. Is that fixable?

Fourth screenshot. I like the right side, save for the legs of the stools seeming to stand out more than they should. I like the left side, save for the pinball machines being a bit too bright. But that middle... did you use like a wall tile around the carpeting? And a portrait on the velvet rope? Hrm.

Fifth screenshot. The floor seems to really change a lot. Think you can clear the clutter by just using one piece across all of it? Another thing, you've got what looks like a keypad hanging above the door there. Looks good for a light, but feels a bit strange with the buttons and whatnot there. Similarly, the white keypad is way too high for the character to reach. I'd suggest either editing the tileset or copying it over to a new sprite and manipulating it so that it'll look to be between the two tiles.

Sixth. Whoa. Chaos on the floor there. Okay, you see how a lot of the tiles look to have a small portion of a grate? That's because they actually form a sort of line to put up against walls. The ones that take up a half tile are the main ones, while the ones that take a quarter are used to connect it when it turns. Play with it a bit and you'll see. Not too much else to say, except that I like the water there and that I think you've got the back of the computer's lighting up instead of the front.

Next one seems pretty good, though something's obviously off with the light effect on the bookshelf. I think you've also got a picture half hidden behind the elevator door.

TO BE CONTINUED! Maybe. If I don't forget or pass out after dinner.

RMRK Junior
Thanks ^^ All the light effect i do are with an image made with photoshop, if you want i can teach how to make something like that ^^

Rep:
Level 83
Felipe: I like the screens with the different perspective most, but I think they clash a bit with the others, you should stay with only one perspective.
Here are the first 3 screenshots of a new project I'm working in.
So far I have all the characters sprited, and their special skills ready. Now I just need to start drawing and making tilesets.
Note. the background and the enemies are more of a practice, Don't know if there will be such an area in the game yet:

RMRK Junior
Dont worry, the perspective maps are from a diffrent game mode (if you see, the char is different, this mode is alled "Last Hope" and you can acces him when you finish the main game)

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007
Some XP Indoor mapping:

(Forgot to put the door event into the kitchen)

Rep:
Level 71
Entity Humanoid Interface

@Cray: I wouldn't leave my character faceset having different background color though, it's kinda distracting.@Shadow: The house layout looks a bit too random for my taste actually (especially how the room for the stair and the kitchen). When you map, try to think of a logic arrangement for the house instead of just randomly putting your furniture, that's kinda what I felt looking at your map: I wouldn't put the lamp right in front of the window (in the upper left room) and in the kitchen, make sure there is a way for the housewife to reach the sink lol ... and the window should be unified, don't leave one window with curtain and one not, especially the one with curtain is right above the stove. And like in the sitting-room, a big rug like that would normally be put under the sofa, not in front of the door (only for those smaller ones).

I support \\(>O<)b

Rep:
Level 83
You're right Aurelia, I was thinking the same about the face backgrounds, so I decided to erase them all and give them transparent background and looks much better now :)
Shadow, I like it, not really a fan of the RTP but it's well used, I would just change the detail Aurelia gave you about the kitchen floor.

Rep:
Level 83
Here's a map (the main character's place) using my interior chipset more or less finished for now, I'll probably be adding new stuff as needed, but the base is ready :)

Currently I'm working on the outside chipset for the main city.
EDIT: Sorry for the double post, I just noticed :V

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
The one problem I'd have with that chipset is the tile... tile. The black and white one. It just looks like it's in the way of some other floor.
Otherwise, it's really good for a custom chipset.

Rep:
Level 83
I added a small division from the checked floor and the wooden one now, so I think it looks better, thanks for the comment :)

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII
I need a cOmputer. My phonedoesnt load images very well.

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII
All of mime have been legit. Delete your spam Pacman and play fair or I will fuck you up.

Gorgeous as always by the way shadow.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
Eh, I won anyway.
*deletes shit*
I'm still sorry.
Now you double-posted.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 11:42:47 PM by Pacman »

Rep:
Level 83
Here are the last 2 screenshots from my Lost King game (for those who still remember it, you should be happy that I'm pretty close to finishing it)
This is a ghost town, where you can cross to the underworld, a parallel undead version of the town, I have yet to add npc's though.

and the underworld version