RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
SUICIDE: Is it the right answer?

Mne eto nado kak zuby v zadnitse.
Rep:
Level 89
U H N
2012 Most Attractive Female Member^_________________^f*ck u >:(LO !!
I, personally, think that it is. If somebody wants to take their own life, they should (or at least try to attempt to) do so. Anyone with those sort of thoughts don't deserve to live, because they are wasting resources.

What is your opinion?

EDIT: btw, for those of you who are considering suicide, do the world a favor.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2006, 08:34:51 AM by Djangonator »
an6uof hw to aLeme ozle we I

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
People who suicide are the worse examples of fools too.
They are friggin idiots who not only ruin their, but also others life.

Ex-1

An old guy jumped from a terris to suicide, his son was down there, and the old guy fell on the son
Both dead.

Ex-2
One guy failed,  so?
You fail, your mom scolds you but she wont kill you
You're killing yourself for a foolish this.

So i think the people who suicide should get their friggin brains working, stay on track and stfu lol./
Arlen is hot.

Adolf Christ
Rep:
Level 88
Is this the Second Coming, or the Fourth Reich?
People who suicide are the worse examples of fools too.
They are friggin idiots who not only ruin their, but also others life.

Ex-1

An old guy jumped from a terris to suicide, his son was down there, and the old guy fell on the son
Both dead.

Ex-2
One guy failed,  so?
You fail, your mom scolds you but she wont kill you
You're killing yourself for a foolish this.

So i think the people who suicide should get their friggin brains working, stay on track and stfu lol./

Your first example is completely retarded, though technically possible. Your second example is a gross oversimplification of what what might make a teenager kill themselves.

People should be able to decide if they want to live or not. The old guy from Nightwolf's first example could be suffering from cancer and might think that living an extra few months in pain just isn't worth it. The fact that he landed on his son doesn't mean that he shouldn't have killed himself, just that he should have looked down before he jumped. People who get angry because a loved one killed themselves are selfish.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Nope, its a true story, he got in a fight with his son, so he jumped, and fell on his son.
Its on teh news, not TEH cancer..

And what good are people getting by dieing, you get bad marks, its over after the scolding, you get good next time if you practice more.
Its just a period of 5 days or so, but think if you die ur loosing like thousands and lakhs of days!
And the fact he landed on his son explains that suicide not only kills you but others,
not necessary its landing on him.

Maybe a boy loved a girl, the girl killed herself, now the boy loved her so much, he'll like cry forever, he wont get over it soon.
Take the x-ample of a mother, her son killed himself, now wat? Didnt the son think that how the mother would feel, she loved him so much

SUICIDING IS EMO.

LIVE DAMNIT LIVE!!!
Arlen is hot.

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
I'm Tsunokiette and I'm not sure what to say.
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
I strongly agree with djangonator. In this world there is no room for self pity. If you're unhappy with your life do something about it. Even if it's suicide.

Rep:
Level 88
Woot woot!
Suicide is mainly just deep depression. If it goes on maybe they can get themselves pushing harder to find depression earlier, as well as improving education of how serious it is. That can save a lot of people from themselves, and others from themselves.

I watched oprah once(ONLY ONCE, AND ONLY BECAUSE I THOUGHT SHE WAS GOING TO ASK VERY DEPRESSING QUESTIONS TO THIS GUY, SO STFU)were she went to a prison to interview a guy who killed his twin daughters. He was depressed and thinking thoughts about killing and such, but didn't seek to get help. His duaghters were sick and he was home alone with them, and he just gave in. He even called the police on himself. The cops thought he was just overdosed on drugs or drunk, but nope.

If someone can kill their own kids, then they can definantly kill themselves for many reasons. They just dont want to deal with whatever anymore and go for it.In some places in the U.S suicide isn't even illegal (Well, it might be most states/all by NOW, but they weren't all initialy), and they only reason what it becomes illegal is basicly because the money hungry peoples don't want to deal with their life insurace companys drying up from suicidal's coverage. It's sad, even if they can make the cover "Because it's wrong and no one should have to take their life", it's still for money.

Kids actually kill themselves fro mbeing bullied too much. It actually has it's own name: Bullycide. I've gotten off topic a couple times but it's part of the point that people need help. And if they can't get that help what's to say they can't just end it all and stop dealing with it.
Fat cat = fat dog

fat dog = fat lion

lion = cat

so.........fat cat = fat cat

PROJECT INFO
Nothing :3

Rep:
Level 88
What a drag...
...I think this is the second time I've seen Tsunkiette since I've joined... *cough*

ANYWAY. Suicide is completely your choice. I mean, you have no control over coming into this world, but dammit if you wanna leave, than that's your own decision.

But whatta I know? I'm just another Aussie..
Cap'n Jack Sparrow: Mr. Gibbs, you may throw my hat if you'd like.
Gibbs: Hooray! *throws hat*
Cap'n Jack Sparrow: Now go and get it.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
I have never seen the point of suicide, it doesn't fix anything, why not be responsible and deal with your problems directly? Although I doubt any one else shares my view point.

Rep:
Level 88
What a drag...
Well, while I think that's the case for some people who are just depressed or whatever... but some people just don't feel like living, y'know? I mean, you live a perfectly happy life and everything, but you just didn't want to be born... I dunno, that's kinda how I feel sometimes. It's not depression, it's just... hey, I don't wanna be here anymore.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Well, while I think that's the case for some people who are just depressed or whatever... but some people just don't feel like living, y'know? I mean, you live a perfectly happy life and everything, but you just didn't want to be born... I dunno, that's kinda how I feel sometimes. It's not depression, it's just... hey, I don't wanna be here anymore.

No, that's depression. Just take a zoloft and you'll be okay.

Rep:
Level 88
What a drag...
I'm not depressed. Just lazy... and bored...

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Really now, being unmotivated and lethargic are symptoms of depression. You know that right?

Rep:
Level 88
What a drag...
*shrug* Fine, but that doesn't mean it's true for everyone.

By the way... that chick in your sig... is really hot. And I would totally do her...
I mean, I wouldn't... but I'd consider it... under the right circumstances... and stuff.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
What heterosecual male wouldn't do the ADP girl?

Also we need to bget back on topic.

Cody, it could be a good idea to see your doctor, depression sucks llama anus.

Rep:
Level 88
What a waste of paper...
I look at the title of this thread and the first thing that springs to mind is N-O!

Suicide is for "emo"s and shouldn't even be considered. Everyone has at least one friend they can confide in, and if they don't, they will find someone eventually. Remember - Everyone is different!

The Legend of Zelda Fanclub

Rep:
Level 88
What a drag...
Emo stands for emotional... you don't have to look gothic, act like you're depressed all the time, and listen to Marilyn Manson 24/7 to be emo.

*ahem* Anyway... like I said, I'm not depressed. I'm just bored. That's all, seriously. My mom's sent me to docters, and they said, and I quote: "Your boy isn't depressed or suicidal, or anything like that... he's just a lazy kid with nothing to do."

And it's true. I've done everything I've done 1000 times, and got bored of it all. *shrug* Maybe hell'd be a kick? Heh.

Rep:
Level 88
What a waste of paper...
Well I just want everyone to know that I am 100% against suicide and will not give any advice. A point I would like to make is that it is impossible to give suicidal advice that is guaranteed, because the only way for someone to know is if they have tried it. If their idea would work, they would be dead!

Rep:
Level 88
Woot woot!
actually, there's is methods that 100% sure to kill someone ELSE, so all those methods apply to suicide.
Fat cat = fat dog

fat dog = fat lion

lion = cat

so.........fat cat = fat cat

PROJECT INFO
Nothing :3

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Well I just want everyone to know that I am 100% against suicide and will not give any advice. A point I would like to make is that it is impossible to give suicidal advice that is guaranteed, because the only way for someone to know is if they have tried it. If their idea would work, they would be dead!

You're not very smart, are you?

Rep:
Level 88
What a waste of paper...
Sometimes you gotta confuse people to make them LISTEN!  :lol:

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
I could be an ass right now, but I'm choosing not to.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Whatever you say i still stick to my point that only the friggin idiots who have no brains and are friggin mad suicide.
Even if its their life, what goes in loosing it?

Like maybe your gf broke up LOL.
So u'll get over it soon enough
Not like u'll really die like they say in the movies "I'll die for you"

Emo lol..
Arlen is hot.

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
The ammount of logic found in nightwolf's nigh illegible posts is remarkably large.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Well unlike alot of people, I've never thought that Nightwolf is dumb. I've just thought that some times his english isn't perfect.

But yeah, suicide doesn't really fix anything.

Rep:
Level 88
What a waste of paper...
Correct. Suicide does more harm than good...

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
Suicide: A permanent solution for a temporary problem. =/
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

Rep:
Level 89
U H N

Suicide is a good way of losing the mentally/emotionally weak. So I'd say it helps natural selection.

Rep:
Level 88
What a drag...
Yes. Let's promote Social Darwinism. The whole cause for both World Wars :/

Rep:
Level 89
U H N

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Yes. Let's promote Social Darwinism. The whole cause for both World Wars :/
I think that I have brain damage from reading this.

Rep:
Level 88
What a waste of paper...
If this was my forum I would have locked this thread before even reading it...

Suicide is not something people should talk about. It's just as wrong as telling a 3 year old about sex and drugs!

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Its not YOUR forum. IF the people here want to discuss suicide in a philosphical discussion, let them. You don't have to partake in this if you don't want to, I doubt you're being coerced into reading these posts.

Rep:
Level 88
What a waste of paper...
Well I have shared my views. That's what counts I guess.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
if this was my forum I would have locked this thread before even reading it...

Suicide is not something people should talk about. It's just as wrong as telling a 3 year old about sex and drugs!

SUICIDE, Is it the right answer?

NOT Suicide 10 easy steps...

that's what you make it sound like we're talking about...

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 89
U H N

This isn't your forum, you have no say.

Suicide is something that should be talked about. Hiding it isn't going to prevent people from doing it, and talking about it isn't going to convince people to do it. What IS wrong with informing children of a young age about problems like that? What's wrong with them knowing? It's not damaging them, is it? What, man, wanna act as the FCC? If you tell us that something is wrong to talk about, then you've got to start deciding what else should or shouldn't be talked about.

SUICIDE, Is it the right answer?

NOT Suicide 10 easy steps...

that's what you make it sound like we're talking about...

I actually did put in that one link at the beginning, but I didn't demand that anyone click on it.

Rep:
Level 88
What a drag...
*sigh* Social Darwinism is where the citizens of the world applied Darwin's theory of 'Natural Selection' to people. This 'Social Darwinism' gave rise to the idea that if you are better than someone else, you are entitled to live more than they are. This is one of the many causes for both World Wars. *Honestly, Australia had nothing to do with them, but we know more about it? Tsk tsk. Kidding.*

Rep:
Level 89
U H N
I didn't ask what social Darwinism is; I know what it means. It's not, really, what started either of the world wars. But I am not even going to get into that here, because that is not what this thread is about.

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks

This section of the forum is about the discussion of controvercial ideas. I imagine, since you don't want to actually hear what other people have to say, that if it were your forum this section wouldn't even exist.

As for suicide not being something to talk about? I think you're very wrong here. Suicide should deffinetly be talked about. It is a common occurance and most people have at least considered it. To not talk about it and just act like its not there would be completely rediculous.

More importantly, it's something children SHOULD know about. Children should also be educated about sex and drugs so that hopefully they can make good descisions about these things in the future. In a sense, by sheltering them you are putting them at more risk.

There are dangers and unsavory topics in this world, but to ignore them or not talk about them promotes ignorance. Everyone should be aware of these things and that isn't going to happen if people don't talk about it.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
*clap*

My view down to the letter!

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Okay now that we're back on topic, can some one try and tell me what suicide actually fixes in some ones life?

Rep:
Level 96
Well...you know when you are making something out of say...legos? And it ends up looking like crap? SO you smash it.

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
Suicide doesn't really fix anything. But really, it doesn't need to. What do you care once you're dead?

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D

Suicide is a good way of losing the mentally/emotionally weak. So I'd say it helps natural selection.

but it also takes your life, and we care about our life.

Suicide doesn't really fix anything. But really, it doesn't need to. What do you care once you're dead?
]

but others do care 'bout us, and will be more sad if we're dead.
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 89
U H N

]

Like Gil said: why would you care when you're dead?

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
If other people are upset about someone killing themselves then they're just being selfish. Why would you want someone to live when they don't want to? Thats just mean.

Rep:
Level 88
What a drag...
Yes, that's right. It's our life to do with as we please. We can pick our own careers, we can pick who we marry... (mostly >>) We can generally pick what we want to eat and when... we choose our likes and dislikes... so stopping us from choosing how we want to die is kinda... well, wrong. I mean, sure you can be sad that they're gone when they die, but don't be upset that they did what they did.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D

]

Like Gil said: why would you care when you're dead?

I dont think you got my point
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 89
U H N
I guess not. All I'm saying is that if I am going to kill myself, I really don't give a fuck how anyone else is going to feel. Especially since it's only a matter of time that I'm going to be dead, you know?

...Haha, that makes it sound like I am going to kill myself. :/

Rep:
Level 88
What a drag...
I guess not. All I'm saying is that if I am going to kill myself, I really don't give a fuck how anyone else is going to feel. Especially since it's only a matter of time that I'm going to be dead, you know?

I agree. Everyone's gotta die eventually. And hey, I'd rather die a quick and painless death at 45 than a slow and agonizing death at 90.

Rep:
Level 89
U H N
Hahaha, by "matter of time", I meant like, why would I care about somebody an hour before I kill myself? But what you say is true.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...

I agree. Everyone's gotta die eventually. And hey, I'd rather die a quick and painless death at 45 than a slow and agonizing death at 90.

I'd rather have the agonizing one. It would make me infinitely more bad ass.

Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
I'm Tsunokiette and I've finally decided what to say.

Suicide is an extreemly controverial issue presented in many forms. There is assisted suicide, abortion (while not suicide, it is among the same line of discussion), EMOism, and Trauma Induced Suicide.

I will start by explaining each one.

Assisted suicide.
  • When a severely injured or sick patient requests his/her doctor to "relieve" them.
  • Most common form is the DNR. (Do not Recesitate [sp?] )

Abortion.
  • Aborting or even physicly preventing pregnancy.
  • Early Stage Abortion.
    • Most controversial version.
    • Usually physicly preventing a pregnancy, or removing a developing fetus.
  • Later Stage Abortion.
    • Killing an unborn child.
    • Shows belief that there is no value in life.
EMOism.
  • This is not really a real form of suicide, it's merely joking about suicide because you think it makes you cool.
  • Stupid in most people's (besides your common EMO) opinions. (Hence all the jokes)
  • Most accepted version of the EMO.
  • No real definition of EMO.
    • Emotional Person.
    • Suicidal Person. (for attention)
    • Gay Person.
    • Goth.
Trauma Induced Suicide.
  • Killing yourself because of a traumatic experience.
    • Loved one commits suicide.
    • Loved one murdered.
    • Erm, loved one dying in general.
    • Rape.
    • An event which gives you a permanent feeling of fear.
    • You do something horrible. (Murder, Rape)
  • Killing yourself because of extreem pain.
    • Emotional Pain.
    • Physical Pain.
  • Killing a loved one because of pain they're expereriencing.

Of course, there is always the aforementioned Bullycide and accidental suicide. (Forgive me if I forgot one)

In the end, the answer is the same as the answer to the following questions.

Is there value in life?
Is there a purpose for living?

Also, you inflict pain on yourself in most proccesses of suicide, so there's really no point there if you're trying to commit suicide to relieve pain.

As was mentioned before as well, Suicide is a Permanent solution to a Temporary problem.

- Tsuno Out

Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Having a DNR is by no means suicide or assisted suicide.

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
Abortion.
  • Aborting or even physicly preventing pregnancy.
  • Early Stage Abortion.
    • Most controversial version.
    • Usually physicly preventing a pregnancy, or removing a developing fetus.
  • Later Stage Abortion.
    • Killing an unborn child.
    • Shows belief that there is no value in life.

This really isn't on topic and has nothing to do with suicide.

But on that note, and partially on topic, what the fuck is wrong with you? Who are you to judge someone for what they do or do not do in their life? No one has any place to say wether or not someone can or cannot give birth or can or cannot kill themselves. If someone doesn't want to have a baby, or doesn't want to live anymore, you have no right to say otherwise or judge them for it.

Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
Having a DNR is by no means suicide or assisted suicide.

See my topic in Welcome Board. My brain isn't exactly functioning at it's peak right now. But you're correct, it's not. In fact, I myself have thought of getting one later in life.

@Gilga - You're putting words into my mouth. I never said what you said in any shape, form, or fashion.
If you refer to the second not in the Later Stage Abortion bit, that's just a fact. You're not going to kill something if you value it. Just like you wouldn't murder your girl friend (unless you had extreem reason too). If you speak of aborting a child created by rape, most likely you would have it done in the earlier stages. When I say later stage abortions, I'm speaking of when a baby is actually formed and you abort it. Doctors will break its neck, stab its brain, whatever. I've got to go right now, but please. Next time you put words into my mouth GO SUCK EGGS! (lol, sorry, my grandfather said I should say that lol)

I'm not debating either side, I'm just trying to summarize it.

Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!

Rep:
Level 89
Let my express my view on suicide.

Suicide is considered wrong by many, but what is really happening to the person who is considering this?

Depression, in most cases, causes suicide. Depression can be a disease for those of you who do not know. You shouldnt shun the people who are thinking about suicide, but embrace them. If theyre life is already hell enough they are considering it, why make it worse? Suicide is a frame of mind where the person thinks he/she has nothing to lose, is a lost cause, and doesn't want to deal with any more shit, as someone said earlier.

In conclusion, I dont think suicide is a good choice, not at all. To all of those making fun of the people who consider this, is it not just as bad to help them condone this act by doing this?

Rep:
Level 89
U H N
In the end, the answer is the same as the answer to the following questions.

Is there value in life?
Is there a purpose for living?

Also, you inflict pain on yourself in most proccesses of suicide, so there's really no point there if you're trying to commit suicide to relieve pain.

I am pretty nihilistic so my answer to those questions is: no. If there is a purpose, it's probably one you have to find on your own. You have to put value into your own life. If you can't, you are worthless and do not deserve to live. Anyone who kills themselves is doing the right thing, regardless of when, how, or why they do it.

And what's maybe...two minutes (or however many, I'm guessing here) of pain when you shoot yourself in the head compared to whatever pain you think you're feeling before? Can I stress this enough: YOU WILL BE DEAD SOON SO YOU WILL NOT CARE.

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
I suppose I did take a few libiteries but I still think you're plain wrong. Either way, this isn't the place for this discussion.

Anyways. I really agree with djangonator. Life doesn't have any purpose other than what you give it. If you require a purpose and can't find one for yourself then I see nothing wrong with ending it.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2006, 10:30:45 PM by GilgameshRO »

Rep:
Level 89
U H N
To all of those making fun of the people who consider this, is it not just as bad to help them condone this act by doing this?

Maybe you misunderstand me. I fully condone suicide.

Rep:
Level 89
My answer wasn't aimed at a person. It was just my view of this kinda :]

It does express about some of the things I read though..

Rep:
Level 96
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
To all of those making fun of the people who consider this, is it not just as bad to help them condone this act by doing this?

Maybe you misunderstand me. I fully condone suicide.

me too
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
There are still other means to fixing ones problems, some one doesn't have to be a selfish pussy about shit. Because honestly, suicide is the love child of selfishness and cowardess. But hey, even thought fixes nothing, I can't physically stop you.

Even though, I myself see suicide as foolishness, simply can't stop people from doing it. Hell when most people threaten to do it, it's only that, a threat. I know this from the simple fact I had to talk a certain woman out of killing her self at least once a week. Although as I look back, talking her out of it may have been a mistake.

Rep:
Level 89
U H N
Even though, I myself see suicide as foolishness, simply can't stop people from doing it.

Why would you WANT to stop somebody from committing suicide? I think Gil is right- it's selfish to force somebody to live when they don't want to. And really, I don't see how it's a "decision someone might regret" if they are going to be too dead to even think it over anyway. Really, it would be foolishness to let yourself have those kinds of thoughts and then continue living, because your self-pity and lack of self-worth would always be a hinderence in whatever you chose to do.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Usually people kill themselvces over stupid shit that they can get over any ways. Seriously people kill themselves over the STUPIDEST shit ever, here's a cute example. A certain woman whom I talked out of suicide numerous times had this as a reason one time, 'I'm going to kill myself because I'm fat'. If people are willing to kill themselves over such petty things why don't they just grow some balls and deal with it?

Rep:
Level 88
What a drag...
Because they're ASN's.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
What does that have to do with anything?

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D

Lets take an example
I shoot your say brother.

SO if you call the police then you care.
If you dont, then ur sticking to ur point, that we dont care.

SO if i shoot your bro(its hypothetical) would you call the cop?
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 89
U H N

Rep:
Level 96

Lets take an example
I shoot your say brother.

SO if you call the police then you care.
If you dont, then ur sticking to ur point, that we dont care.

SO if i shoot your bro(its hypothetical) would you call the cop?

Sometimes it seams like nightworlf is trying not to make sense...
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 89
FuMannChu you are so dead on the idea that being suicidal is ALL a persons choice, you havent said that but I can see it. What you people dont understand, that alot of the time(Unless they ARE trying to gain pity from this) it is a mental illness in people. When people get severe cases of depression they dont do rational things.

Rep:
Level 88
What a drag...
ASN's- Attention Seeking Ninnies.

My final stand on the matter is that in some cases it can be considered right, in others it can be considered wrong. It depends on the person and the circumstances involved.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
I understand mental illness perfecly, I dated a Bi-Polar woman for three years. And suicide is 100% some ones choice, if it wasn't then it wouldn't be fucking suicide.

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
 I just joined the forums, so I'm not completely sure if we are still on the topic of suicide..but I'll give my two cents anyways.

To quote a poster I saw: "Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem."

If someone is so depressed and hates life enough that they would commit it with no doubts, I don't believe anyone has the right to stop them, but I don't think that suicide itself should be seen as the only solution so often...

I guess what I'm saying is we only have one life to live, and that we might as well make the best of it. Sure, it probably sounds like I'm vomiting sunshine or being too positive, but that's how I see it. Most problems can be fixed, or at least temporarily mended.
Adding insult to injury, free of charge daily. ;)

Rep:
Level 89
If you understood mental illness perfectly, you would understand that some people arent in their right frame of mind when they do this. At the time it is completely their choice, but alot of these people arent thinking rationally, my mother for example tried twice to do this. She is now on medication for this, it is a mental illness she has. In her right mind she would never try to do this.

Rep:
Level 89
U H N
I do understand the mental illness perfectly. I still fully support anyone's choice to off themselves, whther they are in their rights minds or not.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
...What?
UR not getting the whole point that suiciding is for suckers lol
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 89
U H N
plz. That is what we have all been saying this whole time.

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
Choosing one death over enough I think is right...

Your in the Twin Towers they are on fire... you can burn to death or Jump from the window... I would Jump... in that situation given two options then Suicide becomes an option...

Same as your out at sea with sharks swimming around you... you can choose to be eaten alive or Drown your-self... I know what I would rather...

Your in Prison on death row you can choose to sit it out and then be executed on some one else deccision or take your own life by hanging...

So some times yep Suicide is the right answer...

But if you mean to escape life... then there are other options... live differently (like become a hermit, traveller, Tramp etc...) or turn to mind altering drugs, or frezze your self and hope to wake up in another more saine world

My RMRK Wikki:- http://wiki.rmrk.net/index.php/Landofshadows
Make a Donation for my Resource making:- https://www.paypal.me/landofshadows

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Choosing one death over enough I think is right...

Your in the Twin Towers they are on fire... you can burn to death or Jump from the window... I would Jump... in that situation given two options then Suicide becomes an option...

Same as your out at sea with sharks swimming around you... you can choose to be eaten alive or Drown your-self... I know what I would rather...

Ah Sire, ur talking about forced suicide.
We;re talking about normal suicide. but your last line (become a hermit, eat dogz etc) made sense.
I never thought of that @_@
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 96
If you are mentally troubled and you kill yourself it is not free will because if you were in the right state of mind the chances are that you would of not killed yourself.   For it to be your own choice then you have to be able to think it through... you have to be able to look at all your choices and really look at the problem...

Suicide by a mentally unstable person- Should be stopped
Suicide by a mentally stable person- ...um... This can't happen...
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
Why the hell do you guys care if someone kills themselves or not? It doesn't effect anyone else. It's their own goddamn choice what they want to do with their life. If they don't want to live anymore, then so be it.

Rep:
Level 89
Why the hell do you guys care if someone kills themselves or not? It doesn't effect anyone else. It's their own goddamn choice what they want to do with their life. If they don't want to live anymore, then so be it.

But it does affect everyone else. I'm not gonna explain how, use the peanut you call a brain.

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
No. It doesn't effect anyone. If you get all emo over someone killing themself thats just you being a fucking selfish moron. People shouldn't suffer or be held back due to your idiocy.

Rep:
Level 89
U H N
And you shouldn't be held back by theirs. Why feel sad that they were stupid enough to take their own lives? And Gil is right- it's just selfish to force somebody to live when they don't want to.

Rep:
Level 96
If you are mentally troubled and you kill yourself it is not free will because if you were in the right state of mind the chances are that you would of not killed yourself.   For it to be your own choice then you have to be able to think it through... you have to be able to look at all your choices and really look at the problem...

Suicide by a mentally unstable person- Should be stopped
Suicide by a mentally stable person- ...um... This can't happen...

You want to kill yourself = mental unstable.
Mentally unstable means that you can think strait.
To be sure you want to commit suicide you have to think.

DOES ANYBODY GET WHAT I AM SAYING!!!
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 89
U H N
Not everyone who commits suicide is mentally unstable.

Rep:
Level 96
really?

I HATE MY LIFE AND CRY A LOT BUT AM STILL MENTALLY STABLE I HATE LIVE AND WANT TO DIE BUT AM STILL SOME HOW MENTALLY STABLE IN SOME STRANGE WAY!

EVERY THING AROUND ME SUCKS AND YOU ALL SUCK MY ILL END MY LIFE NOW BECAUSE IM MENTALLY  SATBLE!

EDIT- the size 15 font was going a little far...  ;D
« Last Edit: November 27, 2006, 09:41:13 PM by BanisherOfEden »
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 89
U H N
Not everyone who commits suicide is like that. Dope.

And if those people don't seek out help for their problems, it is their fault.

Rep:
Level 96
And if those people don't seek out help for their problems, it is their fault

Help yes... death no.

If you have a problem solve it... don't act like a two year old that can't get the lego  just right and smash it... if your life sucks then get a new one don't smash the one you have,
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 89
U H N
B.O.E., some people would rather kill themselves than have to deal with their problems. If they choose to kill themselves, they do not deserve to live- for being weak and stupid.

Rep:
Level 96
0_o

So... ok...

I now agree with you... I guess that is true...
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Actually, are you fucking mentally ill? Don't fucking tell ME what mental illness is or isn't. If you aren't shut your fucking mouth.

Rep:
Level 96
Actually, are you fucking mentally ill? Don't fucking tell ME what mental illness is or isn't. If you aren't shut your fucking mouth.

was that aimed at me... *hides in corner* sorry...  :'(
uhh... crap... sorry...
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
No it was aimed at the dude who has the crow thing holding a scythe as his avy.

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician

No.

/thread

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 89

How about you learn to stop being a stuck up prick, lay off the curse words, and actually think about what other people say rather than denying all which you disagree with.

I do have mental illnesses, so dont get on my ass about that. Please dont be a belligerant fool.

For the record, its a Horner Reaper from the game Dungeon Keeper.

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks

Yes.

/thread

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Arlen is hot.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...

How about you learn to stop being a stuck up prick, lay off the curse words, and actually think about what other people say rather than denying all which you disagree with.

I do have mental illnesses, so dont get on my ass about that. Please dont be a belligerant fool.

For the record, its a Horner Reaper from the game Dungeon Keeper.
Down syndrome doesn't count.

Rep:
Level 89
U H N

Yes.

/thread

Concurred.

Fu, Jake, fight on your own thread :/

Rep:
Level 89
Sorry I didnt wanna start a fight :x

BTW: Fu, it is counted as a mental illness, but not what I have.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...

Yes.

/thread

Concurred.

Fu, Jake, fight on your own thread :/
Fine you win. You know I can't say no to you.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Bump because I've been seeing a lot of people reading this thread in the "Who's Online" section. Please note that nobody on this forum, myself included, knows what the fuck they're talking about. Nobody here is a therapist, and even if we were, basing a decision to end your life off of a forum thread is stupid. If you're reading this for entertainment, cool. If you're reading this because you're considering suicide, don't take ANYTHING in this thread seriously. Seek professional help. There is hope.

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
HEEEEYYY, I was just institutionalized for 2 weeks inpatient, 2 months outpatient, for suicidal attempts and manic depressive disorder. Don't do it kids! It really isnt the right answer, ever. Seriously get help.

Rep:
Level 96
Winners don't use (suicide).