RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RMVXA] Dragon Reign(Updated)

Rep:
Level 86
Lightning charged swords are good for RPG's
RPG Maker used: RPG Maker VX Ace
Genre: Fantasy

About Dragon Reign: This game is a fantasy adventure where you go to different places. It is also a remake of my Eternal Destiny I just changed the title to fit the story better.  The game will feature my own custom artwork and I'll try to make it the best I could.

Not met to be rude or trying to be but please respect my story and DO NOT judge it before you play the game. I DO NOT care if its cliché.

EDIT NOTE:The story starts out slow you have to play the game all the way through to understand it.  I WILL NOT LISTEN to any one's suggestions or advice unless they play the game ALL THE WAY THOURGH.

-Story Prologue-

One thousand years ago in the world known as Vallan the Dragon of Darkness lived a castle called the Castle of Rubius.  It was that it caused monsters to roam the world.  The monsters would attack towns, villages, and cities once every month.

However there was a young prince named Clovis who vowed to venture through the Castle of Rubius and destroy the dragon once and for all.  The only to kill it though was with the legendary Dragon Sword that was hidden in the Shrine of Dakota for centuries.  Clovis managed to obtain it though and went to the Castle of Rubius that had twenty floors.  No one ever made it to the final floor though to fight the Dragon of Darkness.  However with great effort Clovis made it to the last floor and managed to slay the dragon once in for all or so everyone thought.

Afterword the Dragon Sword seemed to have lost its power, but Clovis returned it to the Shrine of Dakota regardless.

Now that it has been one thousand years the Castle of Rubius reappeared about ten years ago and the monsters came back and began to roam the world once again attacking towns, villages, and cities once a month at least.  This met that the Dragon of Darkness was back.  So many great warriors, and knights tried to conquer the Castle of Rubius but all failed and never made it to the final floor.

What many of them fail to realize is that they need the Dragon Sword to even put a mark on the Dragon of Darkness.

Spoiler for Main characters:
Please note I am not good at explaining my characters, so please at least give my game a chance.

Raina
Profile:
Raina is a knight for King Clo in Star Morn City. She is very cheerful and caring. Raina has great skill and swordsmanship. She does all that she can to protect the kingdom and city from the monsters.

Jaclyn
Profile:
Jaclyn is Raina's best friend. She is a very strong and skilled warrior. They have known each other forever.

Singal
Profile:
Singal is King Clo's son. However he hates his father for not believing in him and telling him has no skills what so ever. He is a lot stronger than his father thinks and can wield a claymore with no problem.

Matthew
Profile:
Matthew is bow man for the king's forces. He is another friend of Raina. Matthew does all he can to make sure no one breaks in the castle.

Brenna
Profile:
Brenna is Matthew's wife. However she is very skilled at healing and supporting people. She is the nurse for the kingdom. (She is not in this demo)

King Clo
Profile:
King Clo is the King of Star Morn. However no one is allowed to see him or even has except his son and his most trusted knights. Even when he does venture outside he wears a helmet that cover his whole head and face. No one is allowed to get close enough to take it off even curious little children don't bother. For some mysterious reason he still looks young.

Screen Shots:

Spoiler for Screen Shots:

Credits:

Credits:
Scripts:

YanPac Hud

Yanfly Message System

Yanfly Party

Yanfly Menu

Yanfly Party Sized Menu

Battle system like the Tales of series by misty_rain (http://kilisamenosekai.web.fc2.com/

If you are interested in using the battle system in your game here is a link to its demo at the author’s site:

http://kilisamenosekai.web.fc2.com/TKOOL/rgss/vxace/tklrgss05.html

Music:
RPG Maker 3 for PS2
RPG Maker 1 for PS1
BGM 05 from RPG Maker DS (Not Used yet)
Paradise of Rubble from Tears of Tiara (Not used yet)
Enterbrain RTP
Graphics:
Character Sets: RPG Maker VX Ace Generator
Face Graphics: Me
Cut Scene Artwork: Me
Demo:
NOTE: I uploaded the game and audio file seperatly so it would download faster

Make sure that you download both the Audio and game file and extract the Audio file into the game folder.

Audio file:

http://www.mediafire.com/?hzhntgqpuz1wtjw

Game file:

http://www.mediafire.com/?xkci8c38idsqczd
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 03:14:14 PM by Pinky »

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
Just from looking at the screenshots, I can already say that the mapping a little too empty and the character drawings look a little choppy (with the white around them and such =o). However, this game has peaked my interest, because it falls right under my favorite type of category: knights, kingdoms, n' stuff. :drsword:

Cliche? Meh. I honestly don't care how "cliche" the story is, as long as it's fun and it has it's own unique characters and twists~! :yuyu:

I'll try out the demo sometime! I can't tonight, because I've got work early tomorrow morning. When I can, I'll be sure to give some feedback! :aco:
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Looks cute. I'll check out the demo and TTYL honey.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 86
Why thank you very much! I hope you enjoy the demo :)

Rep:
Level 86
Sorry for the double post but I forgot to rename of the battle voices so I uploaded the battle voices folder.  So if you downloaded the demo or going to download the battle voices folder. I explained what to do with it in the first post. Sorry for the incovenice.

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Busy Husband, Dad, and Youth Minister
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
Looks good. Let me advise you to do two things though:

1. Proof your story. It looks like you have several sentences missing words and such. Read it slowly to make sure you spot everything.
2. Is it me or is the King's name cut off in the message box? You may want to check that out.

Good luck!

Rep:
Level 86
Thank you and no the king's name is not cut off it actually says Clo. :)

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Busy Husband, Dad, and Youth Minister
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
Ah I see. My mistake

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
Going to do an honest review as I'm playing here. ;o
NOTE: GOING TO BE A LOT OF TEXT. D:

Spoiler for:
Hey, neato! Good to hear the RPG Maker 3 music again. xD It's surprisingly fitting. :)

A little strange to see the time change to night quickly at the intro O.o. Also, I found it extremely weird and a bit awkward how that random girl just walked up in the castle haha I think that scene might need some work. xD At least it's letting me free roam so quickly.

Oh, music just quickly changed. Not sure I like that... ;9 Also, the "Armours" tab is missing an icon in the Items menu. On that note, the windowskin is kinda cute. ;o Oh, Matthew is lv 15? Maybe he's supposed to carry me or something. xD haha

The music cut-off returns. ;9 I think you should certainly fix that. D: The castle map needs a bit of work, especially with bringing the walls out. Also, it might be a good idea to fill in the spaces at the very edges of the maps, so they don't cut off. That's more like a nit picky thing, haha. :)

Darn music cut off. :mad: haha

The castle map does need a bit of work, because it's a bit too spacious and not cluttered enough. Despite this, the size is pretty neat and accurate for a castle. I would just add more stuff~ I like the music in it~but sadly, it doesn't loop right, either. ;9 I understand that looping music can be really tough, though.

I found the girl! Yay! Except it's a little strange that she admits that she's trying to kill the king right off the bat. o.o Not a very smart/logical move haha.

In battle...the sound effects are kinda neat. :O Except it looks like most of the skills stayed the same as the RTP (another nit pick there >_<).

The text so far is looking a little awkward at some parts, I would definitely work towards improving the sentence structure. =o Also, a little strange how Jaclyn thinks the King went too far by putting the assassin to death, because she was kinda planning on killing him, so that's a pretty good reason. >_< Saying she didn't actually kill him seemed a little off haha I think the point here is that King Clo is corrupt in some way? (The line after that has Raina labeled as Jaclyn by the way =o).

I like the backgrounds used during the conversations. xD Gee the king sure gets to the point. >_> Also, he's a pretty good-lookin' fella. ;o

Seems to skip a little too quickly between scenes. Hey where did my soldiers go? D: Now Riv is talking to me but I don't see him @_@ ?? Oooo no random encounters? That's pretty neat~ Also, I kinda like the idea of the terrain changing dungeon. B)

Hey, wait a second!! That's slime, not a ghost. :mad: lol Oh, well. xD Seems legit enough haha. Dayum, Raina pwned that slime. =o For some reason my game keeps crashing at the start of some battles...;_; I'm just gonna avoid most of them and save often >_<.

Finally got to the spider boss...and it crashes ;_; I'm thinking maybe it's a part of the vocals missing from the file ? Maybe that's my fault and I should add the battle folder, but I assumed the demo was re uploaded? I'll try to add it either way haha

Also, why do Raina and Jaclyn sound the same? ;9 Whoa...I thought Raina's heal would do more than that. O_o Sorry, Jaclyn. You ded. ;9 Also, would totally not see the girl in the dress using an axe. That one startled me. o_o

YEA U DIE SPIDER!!

Oh, now the General shows up! :mad: Also "we didn't really know them anyways" o.o pretty much devalues the knights and was a little bit of a strange thing to say haha

Also, wondering how many tower floors there's gonna be. D: That one was a lot less confusing than the forest one so far lol Hey since when did the General dude get hit??? WHOA THAT WAS FAST D:

Okay, first floor was a pain in the butt and the second floor was a breeze with just a boss battle pretty much haha. D: PWNED LAMIA. ;o

DANGIT RIV :mad: one hit killed you :mad: how are you even a general :mad: (Also nice to know that the prince had all these people die on their way to save his happy ass :mad: he'd better have a damn good reason for being up in that dangerous tower :mad:)

Nope, game is still crashing in some battles. ;9 Also, snow is pretty. ;8

OH THERE'S THE PRINCE. :mad: Also, his voice sounds really young. o.o He's pretty ownage, though. Just gonna throw this in here now: I'm pleased with the boss battles. They take awhile, yeah, but they actually keep me on my toes, while not being overly difficult. So, the difficulty measures are pretty good as far as that goes. B)

Random note: the Prince looks awfully ghetto for a prince. ;9 I mean, suit-wise. Did he really just slap her? O.o It was hard to tell. Wow, I don't like this Prince guy. He's a bit of a douchebag lol Also, the statement about the king thinking he can do anything, and then the statement about his best friend being the girl and whatnot was kind of randomly smudged together haha. ;9

Wait a second. I still don't see why King Clo is to blame for putting someone to death who was going to kill him in the first place lol O.o Is it because he kills innocent children or something? What? Confused. :mad:

Also, the Prince is "good at pretending to be dead"? That's a random note. O.o Still an issue with scene changes haha. Also, so far King Clo seems a lot nicer than his son, personality-wise. O_o He's supposed to be the bad guy....

Oh, never mind. His eyes just glew up. o_o Other than that, not really seeing much of the "bad guy-ness". O.o I like him better than the son so far. ;9

Final thoughts:

Spoiler for:
OKAY! Done with the demo. xD I've left many random comments. There's a lot that needs work in the game, but overall I thought it was pretty neat. It was a bit jumpy in the story and somewhat awkward at certain points. I think the idea is going alright, but the wording and eventing itself seems to need some work. The graphics need work, as far as very spacious maps and the drawings looked a little off (especially with the white crop-lines). ;9 Also, the music skipping and not looping needs to be fixed.

So far, the story is looking a little too predictable, as I can already see a clear idea of what the ending is going to be like. There's not much room for mystery and intrigue, it's pretty much to-the-point. I like that it moves quickly, but at the same time, I'd really like to see a bit more twists.

Also, another thing that I'm especially nit-picky about is character development. It's tough to pin-point the character's personalities, but they all seem a little strange at times. From what I can see:

Raina is a tough chick who doesn't mess around.
Jaclyn is the nice, thoughtful one.
Singal is a bit of a jerk.
Matthew wasn't covered very much in the story yet.
Clo is somewhat emotionless and stiff.

Overall, I like the characters. Raina and Jaclyn are pretty cool (except a little predictable and somewhat vague in personality), Singal was a little overboard (but that's neat in it's own right, because his personality really stuck out).

I know I've said a lot in the post, but I'm really hoping it was helpful to you. :) Hopefully, I wasn't a little too nit-picky (sometimes I get like that ;9). I meant all the critique in a constructive way, I assure you~ I like this game. I think it has potential! :drsword:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 86
It's okay thank you! Not sure why the battles are crashing on you they didn't on me.  However I did upload the battle voices and tell you where to put them because I forgot to rename one of the voices. So it could be because you didn't download the voices folder with the renamed file when you downloaded the game.  I can't really do anything about the game music becasue I don't know how to make it loop when it doesn't.  THe next demo will explain more of what is going on.  I can't change anything to avoid massive spoilers. I really appriecate you being honest though and thank you very much for your feed back :)

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I did download the voices folder, and I replaced the other one with it. ;9 It still crashed after that, sadly....

Hmm...making music loop is something I don't really know how to do either (though I've tried to learn many times). Any custom music I have is usually made by Malson, so it's already set up to loop for me, haha. >_<; It's still a very important thing to consider, but it's tough to figure that stuff out.... D: I understand what you mean there, haha.

It seemed pretty clear and nice and to the point, which I did like. =o I was kinda thinking a better presentation of events and game text would help, haha. There was some things that were a little awkward in the game (which I understand, because avoiding that can be tough). For example, the whole "we didn't really know them anyways" thing was strange. Stuff like that, as well as the quick shift between scenes. Adding more random fluff and details to the game might give it a little more character, but that's really just a suggestion. =o

For example: Rather than randomly standing in the bar, the Prince could walk by in the background, during that time the girls could notice him. Then, he perches himself in one of the diner chairs and orders a strong drink. The girls note that something must be bothering him, because he typically doesn't drink like that (idk maybe he does though lol). Jaclyn is willing to talk to him about it, but Raina decides to, because she knows him better (I guess? haha). She's a little skeptical at first, because she knows how tempered the prince can be.

^ That was just an example, haha. xD Not saying that's what you should do, just a clarification. However, I understand that it can be kind of time consuming to put that much detail into random scenes in an RPG Maker game. ;9
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 86
It's okay don't worry :) To avoid it crashing I switched to a different battle voice script for the next demo. The next demo is where more things will be revealed.

Rep: +0/-0Level 57
RMRK Junior
file link is not available

Rep:
Level 86
Sorry about that I completly forgot that when I posted it at rpg revoloution that I changed the download link.
Any way I fixed it with the updated links. Do not forget to download the voice folder and replace the old one wiht it.

Rep:
Level 88
Fight Tha Powah!
-You should clean up the edges of your drawings. The art is pretty nice, but the edges really do ruin it.
-Were the guards sleeping when they let that assassin enter the castle like that?
-Battle character stands on the side of a pillar in your castle battle background.
-Is the character really questioning the fairness of death sentence to someone who broke into the castle and planned on killing the king? That just seems pretty off, considering the story takes place in a medieval sort of setting.
-Music tracks stop abruptly, then loops from the start. Sounds really bad.
-Why's the prince hanging around in a pub?
-This upper floor castle map... it reminds me a lot of another RPG Maker I played a while ago. Either you copied the design, or is it some basic template that the program provides?
-Inside the evil guy's castle I can walk over the knightly armour sets.
-Your touch encounters are way too hard to avoid.
-I'm going to stop playing here.

There doesn't seem to be much of a story going on. I don't know who the characters are who are in my party. I start with 2 people who are supposed to guard the castle's entrance. One is a paladin, the other an archer. Why is the archer not atop of a tower or wall? Why do they decide to stop the guy entering the castle after he enters it, instead of blocking the path to the gate to prevent him from entering at all... did they fall asleep seconds after they had a conversation with each other?

I don't understand why the prince is standing in a pub the next morning. Aren't princes supposed to stay in the castle? Why would the prince go out in the public the day after an assassin attempted murder on the king? Is it just me, or does that seem kind of illogical? Why is the prince wearing peasant's clothing?

After the cutscene in the pub I'm back to the guards at the castle entrance, but this time the guy is replaced with a girl. Where did he go? Why am I having someone else in my party instead? Why are they not wearing the same armour? Why is Jaclyn wearing a pink dress when she's supposed to be guarding the castle? Why are the 2 castle front gate guards sent on a mission to the evil guy's castle?

The story doesn't make sense. The characters don't make sense. Nothing really makes sense at all. Maybe if this was supposed to be a parody or something, I could understand having a castle guard wearing a pink dress, but I don't get the impression you went for that type of game. The game either needs a major overhaul in story and everything, or turn it into a humorous type of game, in which case you can keep a lot of what you currently have.

I couldn't continue playing after spending some time in the castle... forest map. It appears to be a giant maze without any sort of direction whatsoever. There's dead ends with nothing in them. At the very least put some potions or items in a chest so it doesn't feel like a 100% waste of time.

I do appreciate the custom art, it's pretty cool. Just get rid of the bad looking edges.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 11:08:26 AM by Milennin »
Go beyond the impossible, and kick reason to the curb!!

Rep:
Level 86
I am not listening to you.  I wrote this out as as story first.  It makes plenty of sense and if you are noit going to play the game all the way through I am not listening to you because the story starts out slow and gets up and running as you play. You NEED TO PLAY all the way through to understand it.

Rep:
Level 88
Fight Tha Powah!
I would have played all the way through if I hadn't been placed in a giant maze without any type of direction, unavoidable touch encounters and dead ends that make me walk a thousand miles back to the starting point. But okay, whatever. It's your game.

Rep:
Level 86
You can escape from battle you know they'll stop for a minute if you do escape.

Rep:
Level 88
Fight Tha Powah!
Have some time to kill before going to sleep... so let's see how this game continues.

-Managed to find my way out of the forest maze.
-Giant Spider boss fight wasn't too bad.
-Avoiding the encounters is much more manageable in the desert map (this is a good thing).
-The healing potions I have with me are way too strong. I have 10x potions that heal 500HP each and 1x a potion that heals 2500HP, when my character's max HP don't even go over the 150HP. The Magic Water that I have 10 of heal 200MP each, when my character only has max 34MP. Lower the numbers on these potions.
-Lamia boss fight wasn't bad.
-Behemoth boss fight wasn't bad.
-Some of the story actually got explained at the end of the demo.

Short summary...
Maps
Make the forest less confusing. Have a clearer path, but put treasures in dead ends to encourage exploring the map. Remove all the potions the player automatically gets, and put those in the treasure chests instead. Also balance the potion strengths to match the numbers of the characters. Example: If my characters have a max of 150HP at that point in the game, give me potions that heal for 100HP or something.
The desert map wasn't so confusing, so that's good.
Can't say too much about the ice maze. It looked pretty confusing, but it didn't take me so long getting to the end of it (I'm guessing I got lucky). Also found a treasure chest there, so that's good.

Combat
Battles are handled okay. The random encounters are pretty simple with spamming attack. Boss fights are more interesting, forcing me to heal a few times and using Affliction. I'd like to see them being a bit harder (just slightly).
Noticed the prince that joins the party for the demo's final boss fight has a ton of skills on him, while my main characters at level 6 still have only 1 skill each. He doesn't need a fire sword skill, an ice sword skill and a lightning sword skill. Just one of them is enough.

Story
I'm not going to comment too much on this... But yeah, it got somewhat better near the end of the demo, at least answering a few of the questions.

Rep:
Level 86
Thank you,  I didn't even realize that I made the potions too strong.   I will make sure that I fix that in the next release. 

Rep:
Level 86
Hello sorry for the double post just wanted to let everyone know that I uploaded the new demo of this game.  Also sadly I had to remove the voices script, the save script, the icons script and the mog sense event sense player script so the battles are random now because I couldn't the scripts mentioned above to work with the new battle system.  Also I uploaded the game file nad audio file sepratly so it would download faster.  So please make sure that you download both files nad put the Audio file in the game folder.

Rep:
Level 86
I am pretty sure its been 72 hours.  I updated this, is there any reason why no one is downloading it or leaving feedback on the update?

Rep:
Level 57
RPG VX - Project Moonhunter
Hello  Pinky,

First of all, you have to be patient. This part of the forum is not very busily occupied. I uploaded a new demo for my game 9 days ago, and have had no comments so far. And that's alright. Some people play it but don't want to type. Others haven't had time yet. Just keep updating, eventually people will come to you. If not, try asking around on other parts of the forum.

Second, from what I read in this thread so far, take comments and advice to heart. If you respond in a rude manner, or tell people you won't listen to them, then why would you ask for their opinion? Be kind, even if others seem a bit harsh.

Third, make sure we can play your game. I don't have VX Ace, and my internet is, unfortunately, quite slow. When I downloaded your game and extracted all, I couldn't play it because I didn't have the Ace RTP. Include it in the game, or create an easy to find link to download it.

Fourth: don't just wait! If you actively try other people's games and give positive feedback, people will more likely take a look at you project as well.

Keep your spirit up, and remember: patience is a virtue!
My project:

Rep:
Level 86
Thank you! I won't really take comments to heart I was just mad because I want people to at least play passed the first part of the game in the castle. 

Rep:
Level 57
RPG VX - Project Moonhunter
No problem. Do you have a download link where I can get the RTP for VX Ace? Only then I can try out your new demo.  :)
My project: