RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Screenshot Thread

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
Oh, I didn't even think of that. Thanks. ;3

Rep:
Level 87
Here is a screen showing one of the custom job in Tezuka's game, FFV-II Sacred Chains for Bartz; the Paladin.

I'm posting it here as well in case no one sees the video I posted in the Project topic.

Also, in the screenshot is the Paladin/Base class exclusive weapon, Klauser, which is the 2nd/3rd best weapon in the game for Bartz excluding the Dark Knight counterpart.

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
The chairs seem a little out of position, as if they could all be moved to the right a little more. And something feels off in the two top corner walls, though it's hard to explain it. Other than that, it looks amazing as always, Karo. :3

Rep:
Level 90
I have been play testing...

The volcanic shots are from grafikal's contribution.
community project for RPG Maker VX: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,33789.0.html

Rep:
Level 84
It's human to misdo
I just have to ask quickly.
Is this good mapping for a menu?
I've actually only used RPG Maker XP in like 2,5 months.

Updated: Less Squary cliffs
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 03:54:47 PM by stripe103 »

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
You need to make your cliffs less square. That's basically my only complaint. Other than that, the fact that water RANDOMLY just spawns at the top of that mountain and enough of it to form medium sized waterfalls all over there lol.

Rep:
Level 84
It's human to misdo

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
No lol, that's not what I meant. I meant the WHOLE thing, not just that front. Also, you didn't make it less square by rounding the front cliff face. Take a look at some better cliff maps and check out how they did it. You can look at a lot of Shadow's stuff or Caro's stuff.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Veteran2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
It is too square.

That design is actually very close to a map in Quintessence. It's where you first encounter Lunair. I suggest you play through that a little just to see that map, since it sort of shows how the same idea can be made really pretty by being less square and stuff :)

Rep:
Level 84
It's human to misdo
Oh! I think i see what you mean.

Is this something that you meant?

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Eh, better, but the right side of the cliff is still a straight line. You don't have to show the entire cliff on the screen .__. You can leave some of it up to the viewer's/player's imagination. That's what makes it interesting.

Rep:
Level 86
Sonic Dog -> Light Spear -> Overlimit -> Slash
Yeah, much better. Keep in mind that your rivers have to come from somewhere, though.

Rep:
Level 84
It's human to misdo
Yeah, much better. Keep in mind that your rivers have to come from somewhere, though.
They are coming from underground. That is possible evenin real life.

And for grafikal: this is my last modification

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll

Still the same map I've been working on. You can see the pub (left) from the screenshot I posted a few weeks ago.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 10:51:37 PM by Irock »

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
Irock, that just gave me an Orgasm :V

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
VERY nice Irock. Only one little thing I noticed (And I'm surprised I did) is you're missing the verrrry tip of the shadow on the right side under the tree in the middle of town.

Rep:
Level 102
Thanks Karo and grafikal.

VERY nice Irock. Only one little thing I noticed (And I'm surprised I did) is you're missing the verrrry tip of the shadow on the right side under the tree in the middle of town.
Oops, I didn't notice that. I also just noticed that I double layered the bottom of a tree, making the shadow twice as dark. Fixed. :]

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Screenshot using my new resources :)

Rep:
Level 84
It's human to misdo
I like it very much though I'd personally added some water to it.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Uh... Are you having issues with your eye sight?

Or do you mean, add more water to it?

Or did you typo and mean not to have any water?

Because, I definitely have water. lol

::Edit:: Oh Irock, I was re-reviewing your last screenshot. I think it's missing one thing. A shadow under the bridge. :)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 04:56:11 AM by grafikal »

Rep:
Level 84
It's human to misdo
Damn small screen!!!
sorry... the image was allready full screen when I saw your screen, so i didn't see the water.
And because of this (#)"&"#"%"@£ THEME, there was no slider.
so, nvm about my post.

Now that ive seen the WHOLE screen.
9/10
(there could have been more plants at the cliff walls, and acctually, a little more water,
like one or two extra rivers)
Of course that is only my opinion. And you are the RMRK+Advanced user, not me.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 05:39:02 AM by stripe103 »

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
That's no problem, dude. Your opinion matters.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Veteran2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
A simple little CMS I've been working on that (kind of) eliminates the need for a Status option.

Basically both actor selection and command selection are (optional) active at the same time, and so you can scroll through actors at any time to view their status with the left-right cursors and select commands with the up-down cursors.

The playtime, location, and gold windows are all optional, as is a steps window which I optionally removed because I think it's useless. Now all I'm working on is a custom command interface so that it is easy to add new scripts to be accessible from the command menu.

Now for the reason I am posting in a screenshot thread:
Anyone have any suggestions on any other optional windows to include?

Also, do you think the status window looks too cluttered? Any suggestions to reduce?

Rep: +0/-0Level 83
The 14-year old Swedish Meatball
@Modern Algebra: I think that looks good overall. My suggestion is to remove the face completely from the status-screen and then move all the stats on the same height (name, class, level and exp) to the left. I don't know if that would look any better, but if something was to be removed from there I would choose the face. It takes up alot of space, and really isn't necessary in any way. But I think it looks very good in any way, so good job! :D

Here's some pics from my upcoming project:

Spoiler for "Pics":

Sorry if a couple of them are a bit too dark for some of you... :'(

Stay tuned for more information about Fairytale. To stay updated on all my project videos, visit my YouTube page:
Project thread: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,34649.0.html
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/JoRu94

Life is a game!