RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
M00 & yuyu's Mystical Thread

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
Religion: Neo-Pagan Witchcraft

I know that most practices and beliefs vary per witch. :) Do you chant spells often (or at all)? If so, what types?

One of my sisters is really into Witchcraft. :) She likes to perform protection spells, for the most part. And other helpful, little spells. Nothing to attract bad karma, of course. She only uses helpful magic.
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
That is how it should be. Yeah, practice and even ethics vary from witch to witch, even within the same coven. As for me, I cling to a lot of Bardic tradition- use of poetry and song to educate and if push comes to shove, satire.

When I do spellwork, I use the methods most natural to me- I make and burn incense and candles and I sing in Gaelic (or English if I don't know the Gaelic). There has been drumming involved from time to time, and because I fit into the Warrior archtype, it tends to be short and to the point.

However, I find a whole lot of satisfation in kitchen magick. I learned how to cook in the past few years and wow, do I get results from food! Listen to me, going on and on... tl;dr: Yes, I sing to connect with the divine, mostly to heal or inspire.
:tinysmile:

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
That is how it should be. Yeah, practice and even ethics vary from witch to witch, even within the same coven. As for me, I cling to a lot of Bardic tradition- use of poetry and song to educate and if push comes to shove, satire.

When I do spellwork, I use the methods most natural to me- I make and burn incense and candles and I sing in Gaelic (or English if I don't know the Gaelic). There has been drumming involved from time to time, and because I fit into the Warrior archtype, it tends to be short and to the point.

That sounds a bit like the stuff my sister does, with some differences, of course. :) I'm not entirely sure what all she does, but for the most part, her spells are about chanting and such. She's assigned me my own "specialty" within the group, but I'd have to say that my abilities are very limited. xD I do oil-burning sometimes, but I haven't had the chance to work with them in awhile. I've made bath salts before, too. B)

However, I find a whole lot of satisfation in kitchen magick. I learned how to cook in the past few years and wow, do I get results from food! Listen to me, going on and on... tl;dr: Yes, I sing to connect with the divine, mostly to heal or inspire.

Now that's fun stuff! I've read some about kitchen witchery (that might be about the same as making oils, but I could be wrong).

My sister has done some healing enchantments before, and it's been really effective. :) The tough part is that everyone gets the idea that you're evil and satanic, but in my opinion, anyone that heals/inspires/helps anyone in any positive way is a good person.~

Do you have experience with Fortune Telling (ex: Tarot)? :D I know it's not exactly the same thing as witchery, though.
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
Do you have experience with Fortune Telling (ex: Tarot)? :D I know it's not exactly the same thing as witchery, though.

Lots. I use the Waite-Rider deck; perhaps trite, but it speaks to me. Runestones and Ogham also found their way into my Crane Bag, but the Runes are mostly for blessings and amulets. Say... care to move this conversation to a different thread?

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Lots. I use the Waite-Rider deck; perhaps trite, but it speaks to me. Runestones and Ogham also found their way into my Crane Bag, but the Runes are mostly for blessings and amulets. Say... care to move this conversation to a different thread?

Oh, so I'm not the only one around here, huh? xD I use the Druid-Craft Tarot Deck, but also have the Mystic Dreamers and a Renaissance deck. :) The Druid-Craft one speaks to me pretty well, because it's spiritual in a very natural way. The Dreamers deck does well to appeal to my more colorful side. xD My sister has been a reader for about 10 years, and she taught me how to read cards about a year ago. I'm at this stage where I know I'm no veteran card reader, but they really speak out to me, so to say. I really, really love Tarot. xD

I've also done some I-Ching, which is not too shabby. :) I think I may have done one rune before, but I could be mistaken. I have quite the collection of magic rocks, though. xD Like, good luck, health, chakra, aura (etc).

What are your thoughts on Astrology? :) I wasn't very into it until I learned about the other signs. :D

*EDIT* Split the thread. :drsword:
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 04:32:51 AM by yuyubabe »
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
Astrology is pretty cool. Unfortunately, I find that the European system is flawed unless you either A: do a complete star chart, including birth year correspondences, or B: compare with other systems, like Chinese astrology.

If you take the basic concepts of each system, a "tourist" approach if you will, I suppose they work well enough, but there are many "holes" in them which I think leads to the average person's distrust of the systems.

For example, I'm a virgo with pisces rising. This should make me nice and sensitive and artistic- which I am, true- but it's sometimes overruled not only by virgo's logical nature, but by fire snake's need for conflict and retributive nature. Hissssssssss! Then when you add in the planets in question, they modify the prediction further, modified my the season- it gets sticky.

And besides, ANY divination is at best 80% accurate because the threads of fate are too numerous for Human understanding, and there's a lot we just can't see. All it takes is one slip in the stiching and the whole tapestry is changed.

Dreams reflect this well. In any given dream, sometimes you experience the same scene over and over again with minor variations. I believe dreams have to do with the convergence of mind and spirit, and it is the whispers of that realm which we see in dreams as our fallible minds can process. Even there, realities shift and are made and unmade so quickly it boggles the dreamer.

Ever done any dream interpretation, or even lucid dreaming? (My coven called thet "Dreamwalking", I guess they liked fancy names.) Just how well DO you hear the divine when it speaks to you through that medium?

Oh and runes are easy, I'll tell you how to make them later!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 11:57:25 PM by EvilM00s »

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I can see where there's room for doubt with astrology, but just by looking at a couple planets, it's got me down pretty well. xD There's no joke with how well my signs describe me. I like to think each planet stands for something, and that rules how you will act when under that planet's influence. Like, whenever I'm unfamiliar or wearing a "mask" (my ascendant/rising) is Capricorn. I'm literally a completely different person. I get all serious, stiff, and quiet (etc). D: Of course, I think they can have more than one influence at once, I've noticed. :p That does make it go a bit more beyond comprehension. D:

Now, as for your Virgo and Pisces...I'd say it depends on how you feel about something. Ascendant is the mask one wears, or the self-mechanism to the unfamiliar. In that case, I'd say you'd act more Pisces-like. Whereas a sun sign would be your general sign, which often expresses itself a little in many ways. xD Do you know your moon sign?

I've done plenty of dream interpretations (though I'm still really just a novice!). As for lucid dreaming? I don't think so. ;9 I wish I could, though....

I think you have an interesting theory on dreams! :) No matter where they come from, I believe they carry important messages to helping us learn more about ourselves and situations. Kind of like Tarot. xD I've noticed that Death is the same in Tarot as it is in dreams. :)

Sounds neat!! Is that where you come up with a goal and write it down, then copy each letter used once and make them combine into a symbol? =o
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
My star chart is complex to say the least- and tbh, I haven't looked at it in years! My moon sign is Cancer, of all things, so there is a lot of, uh, room for variation in mood and thought shall we say?

I have a theory that certain signs lend themselves to "split souls" if you will. Gemini, Virgo, Libra and Pisces are all very dual-nature signs, and I have found those people will tell you they feel as though there are two of them... one rational and logical, the other passionate and often foolish. I myself am constantly arguing with myself, and while I don't exactly hear voices, the way these teo facets of my psyche communicate is definitely how I communicate. Of course, modern psychology tells me that this is a sign of psychological trauma, but I dunno. There have been many others who share this experience. If it's correct, imagine the noise in one's head when one's sun and rising sign are bothe dual nature... SHHH! SHUT UP!  :tpg:

I have found that good old meditation helps develop and awareness of the dream self and can help in the lucid dreaming process. If you don't meditate much, MAN i suggest that you start! It's a great tool to connect with the divinity within and around you.

As for the runes, I meant more along the lines of crafting the stones themselves. I've actually never heard of combinations like that, but I am now facinated! My instincts tell me it has a lot of value! Since much of the magick I work is in the form of calligraphy and writing, I am slightly ashamedI haven't heard of this untill now... :-[

Now let me ask, if it is not too personal of a question: When you do a working, do you do a full ritual? If so what godforms do you work with? I, for example, keep it simple and choose to work with the Lord and Lady and the Guardians of the Watchtowers. I usually reserve appealing to others for specific needs and at those times offer song instead of ritual.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
You're a Virgo/Cancer, right? That would be the same as my older sister's signs. xD I think you're bound to be fairly diverse, since that's an Earth and Water sign combination. They are both feminine, but Earth is a "Thinking" sign and Water is a "Feeling" sign. xD My sun and moon are very different, as well, so I experience huge personality shifts. xD Your signs sound very similar, actually (Mine are also Thinker/Feeler, only Masculine instead of Feminine). I'd say a switch between rational and logical, and emotional and sensitive? That's a general way to put it. Most signs are very similar by element, but there's more detail that makes each unique. Also, two of my sisters have Cancer moons...that's a great placement for intuition. :D

I agree that there are many signs like that, namely mutable signs, and Libra would be similar, as well. xD I was thinking those signs were able to flexibly switch between the other signs (ex: my Gemini sun often can easily throw me into my Capricorn Ascendant or my Leo Moon). But what you say sounds very plausible as well. :) It's tough for me to say, because my moon sign is so dramatic anyways, lol. xD Either way, I'm a mix between rational and logical, and then passionate and foolish. =p

I can say for sure that I have a hard time making decisions, because of that split with a logical sign and a emotional sign. It's a conflict between the head and the heart, and both have their fair shot (though my Moon sign is more powerful).

I've meditated a few times, and it was very helpful! :) That's another thing I need to get back into. I'm very all-over-the-place and with all the stress going on lately, I can use really use some meditation. xD

I'm not very crafty, but I'm curious about crafted runes! :) That sounds more powerful to me! Do you make them often? What do you usually use them for? :D

Normally, I wouldn't mention anything about it publicly, but it's nice to know I'm not the only one around here who's into this stuff, so I feel more confident. xD I've had a lot of struggle between my religion and practices, but then I figured, why can't I merge the two? Anything is possible, haha. As long as I don't perform anything harmful, that is.

Anyways, I'm very new to witchcraft in general, so I haven't done very much yet.  ;9 Normally, I just do spells that require chanting. I'm still under my sister's wing, as far as that goes. I haven't been a part of many rituals, unless becoming a part of a circle counts (my circle is actually a group of four, each with different astrology-based elements, mine being "Air" :D).

As for godforms? It's tough to say. I'm a little unfounded as far as that goes, but if I had to say what I think right now, it'd probably be similar to Greek Mythology - one "king" God, and many other, more specific Gods. Though, I admit that the Lord and Lady have also crossed my mind, because I love how well they fit together in a Yin-Yang/Masculine-Feminine form.

Sadly, I'm not very well educated or practiced, yet. ;9 I'm kinda just starting out and in a watch-and-learn phase.
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
The plane one goes to while meditating is the same plane upon which thought is made manifest- in other words, where magick comes from. That is the place where you will eventually run into Sluaagh and Faeries, and also your spirit guide and even possibly the gods themselves. It's tough to see them at first; your mind is innocent but no longer ignorant and they need time to "feel you out" as it were. I found Cerridwen (all three of her) and my totem guides there, and also my soul-pieces i lost through growing up as an abused child. It's all there, like they say in the charge of the Goddess:"I am the end of want and that which is attained at the end of desire." You will find YOUR godforms there. In the meantime, try out seeking the wind King, Paralda. He's the Guardian of the East quarter, ruler of Wind. Really wise dude.

Crafting your own tools, what the Hebrews call the Art of the Temple, helps the witch channel energy more effectively for 2 reasons: like you said, it just seems magickal (and that is the heart of magick, no?) and a lot of your energy goes into them, making them familiar. For runestones, I go th the local stream. NW Indiana is essentailly a swamp, so no shortage there... anyway, I ask for the stones and take as many as the river will give. 3 or 4 at a time is a good collection. Take them to your sacred space and cleanse them as you would any of your tools, and sleep with them for a few nights. If you can expose them to moonlight, do so. When they have accepted you, thank the spirits within them and honor them. Then proceed  with your working!

If you use them for divination, use all the correspondences you can while carving- silver candles, chamomiollle incense, you get it. Then let your tool, whether its a chisel, a knife or a Dremel, carve away the barriers until the truth is revealed. The same for talismanic runes, but the correspondences will be different depending on the intent of the charm. This is the art of Talisman, sometimes known as enchantment.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Then I'm certainly going to have to make time for meditating. :) I feel like all the stuff going on in life lately has taken me from my spiritual endeavors recently. ;9 I've always wanted to become stronger, but intuition isn't natural to me. It's better than what it was before, but mine is still very weak. I'm at a point where I can generally rely on it, but it feels like I may be blending it with instinct, though, which seems more natural to me than intuition. I'm not sure what type of psychic I would be, but I find that one of the easier tasks for me is to "sense" keywords with tarot readings, or any other form of focus. If that makes sense... :o

Does meditation help build intuition, as well?

I don't live near a stream, sadly. ;9 But there's a lot of everything in the area, I believe. We have a Rose Quartz crystal in my yard, if that helps? My sister says crystals are a very good thing. xD

That sounds very similar to new tarot decks and my dream stones. I mean, the part about sleeping with them under your pillow. That's what my sister taught me, anyways. :) I imagine that's how those objects tie to your unconscious, right?
I certainly want to try to make one sometime. It sounds really neat! :D It's just a matter of finding out where to get the materials. How will I know when they accept me?

I'm not sure what to do with them for divination...is it possible to make something up for it, or do they need a specific style? They can be used to promote luck, health, etc, too? I can see that being really good for helping others. :)

As for revealing the truth...is that something you can intuitively tell?

Oh, wow. I just realized that I asked so many questions. :( I'm sorry about that!
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
It does, in a way. The closer you get to your own power source, the better all areas of your life will become- some describe the boost to intuition as the Goddess speaking to you, or your guide or some other divine intelligence.

Sensing key images and words is the starting point for nacent psychic talent, well done!  8) As your skill improves, you'll progress to seeing whole scenes and hearing conversations. Remember though, that the part of you that is sensitive to these things is also the part of you that goes off when you dream and meditate, so they will have a distinct dream-like quality to them. Soon you'll just do it and not need your tools at all!  ;D

Crystal points are great, but they have a specific function- collection of energy. Whether as a focus on one's staff or wand, or as a shamanic tool to retreive soul shards, crystals house a matrix that energy likes.

Sleeping with or frequently handling a prospective new tool aligns the materials with our own energy. Lets just pick some numbers here... okay, let's say your body and all the energies within resonate at 30kHz. A new deck of cards, substantially less dense, resonates at 800Hz. After frequent handling and exposure to the sleeping 'babe, the cards now resonate at 1kHz- closer to our own frequency. Not only that, but yes, they have become partly you. They will have picked up some imprints of your psyche and will have time spent with you psychically "stamped" on them. Some of us can readily pick up these stampings, we call it object reading or psychometry. You'll know when they have accepted you because they will feel less like an object distinct from you as they will a part of your being.

Speaking of which, every time I focus on your energy I smell something sweet, like soap... girly soap... it's  like... light and reminds me of dessert...

Anyway, using them for divination is a very old tradition. There are a couple of different methods, but their more common use is as talismans, or to promote luck, health, etc. as you say. That's what I'm most familiar with, and each rune has its blessings to give. Some also have curses, but you don't do that, right? RIGHT? :police:

What I meant by revealing the truth was this: you know how when you're doodling and suddenly the picture becomes something else? Something cool? Or when you're writing and the story tells itself to you? Well, when you carve your own runes or ogham it works like that too; the material will tell you what it wants to be. It is that desire, that spirit within the stone or wood, which is the truth yearning to see daylight.

Heh, ask as much as you like! I'm ordained, it's my job and pleasure to assist the young ones!

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato
the power of christ compels you

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
Shame on you.

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
GIAW 14: ParticipantParticipant - GIAW 11
Seems like Irock was in trolling mood!!
Anyway, good for you that you have found your way of living...
I'm still, in a way, searching for that :yuyu:

As blonde as can be!!!
Doesn't mean I'm the dumb one...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spoiler for supporting!:

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
It is good that you are looking! Many people never find a faith they are comfortable with.

One of the things I like about Wicca is that it is very inclusive; anyone is welcome here. That and you're free to practice any way you see fit within a few guidelines!

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
When I was younger, I was really interested in religions and I kind of went overhead on looking up whatever I could find... Wicca was one of them, and it seemed interesting but I couldn't see myself there. Now maybe, I could but I can't since some things might trigger some bad reactions with my parents, boyfriend and all others near me.

As blonde as can be!!!

Spoiler for supporting!:

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
I know what you mean; it's the fear of being ostracized that keeps a lot of people from being public about their beliefs, whether its religion or sexuality.
Wiccans call telling your friends and family "coming out of the broom closet" and while not quite the same as coming out as homosexual, it has its parallels... at least, so I'm told.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato
THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELS YOU

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
2014 Most Missed Member2013 Most Mature Member2013 Kindest Member2013 Best Counsel2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer2012 Best Counsel2012 Kindest Memberluv u bb <3Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantFor taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2010 Kindest Member
The interesting part here to me is that if Ronald and I were having an in depth conversation about Christianity, I'm pretty sure we'd have already been interrupted with comments, questions, and sarcasm.   And yet this thread was left unmolested for quite a while. RMRK is weird lol

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
It's because witchcraft/wicca is something that most people don't know anything about, or they fear it, or they don't want anything to do with it...
I actually think it's weird too, since usually most RMRKers molest these kinds of topics rather quickly...

As blonde as can be!!!

Spoiler for supporting!:

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
2014 Most Missed Member2013 Most Mature Member2013 Kindest Member2013 Best Counsel2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer2012 Best Counsel2012 Kindest Memberluv u bb <3Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantFor taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2010 Kindest Member
That was my point! lol 

also in before RMRK is going downhill

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.a^2 + b^2 = c^2How can I help you? :DSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
I think it's mostly because Christianity is so prevalent and has associations with certain negative things (hatred against homosexuals and things like that). Wicca is rather obscure and most people haven't had negative experiences with it, and like M00s said, is a bit more universally accepting.

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
Makes sense, I was mostly just shocked that it had remained unmolested on RMRK so long lol And I'll stop this now cause I don't want to derail their conversation xD

Rep:
Level 102
THIS TOPIC IS DARK SIDED!!!