RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Screenshot Thread

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Project of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
Castles...are...my weakness... :gracie:
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Busy Husband, Dad, and Youth Minister
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
Looks good. The cat statue is pretty fun.

Rep:
Level 55
Infected with the sickness.
After some work on the mountain House, think it turned out a bit better:

Probably should have edited my previous post instead but.. oh well  :-\
Can you feel that?..

My Current Project:

I support:

Fade

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Now thats much better! Id adjust the carpet on teh top left cuz it looks odd, and perhaps you may want to squish the bed in one more block to make it look like its pushed right up against the wall. so just cut off the bottom part of it. . .

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
After some work on the mountain House, think it turned out a bit better:

Probably should have edited my previous post instead but.. oh well  :-\

Look at you! Well done.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Project of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
It really is lookin' good! :) You're improving so much already ! ;o;
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 66
welcome to night vale
Contestant - GIAW 10
Hey, guys. I updated the town a little; fixed the chapel and removed the tree behind it. I also added a few little dirt paths and some scrubby bushes. Is this any better? (Also, I remember someone suggested I work on making the outdoor forge weatherproof, but I'm really not sure how to go about that.)

Spoiler for:

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
The chapel looks much more "in place" now. Well done.

I'm not sure about the forge. Is there any tent graphic you could use? Just to cover the top half and show that it is in fact sheltered from the rain. Good job though!

My only thought is that the tree in the upper right looks a little out of place. Meh. Might just be a personal thing.

Rep:
Level 55
Now thats much better! Id adjust the carpet on teh top left cuz it looks odd, and perhaps you may want to squish the bed in one more block to make it look like its pushed right up against the wall. so just cut off the bottom part of it. . .

Ye I agree, I removed that later on. I tried squishing in that bed aswell, but there is a huge shunk of the bed goin behind that wall.. which makes it look a bit weird aswell.. Not sure how I will squish in that bed without the use of parallax mapping. Since I believe too much of the bed will be missing if I just remove the lower part :/

It really is lookin' good! :) You're improving so much already ! ;o;

Thanks alot! :) Warms my heart to hear that :D
Hey, guys. I updated the town a little; fixed the chapel and removed the tree behind it. I also added a few little dirt paths and some scrubby bushes. Is this any better? (Also, I remember someone suggested I work on making the outdoor forge weatherproof, but I'm really not sure how to go about that.)

Spoiler for:

Looks really nice man! :) It seems like you have overcome the problem I have with the stairs, when the height difference is changed..
Can you feel that?..

My Current Project:

I support:

Fade

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
GIAW 14: ParticipantParticipant - GIAW 11

Spoiler for:
The church seems a bit odd having a flat roof at the back, where probably the altar is, and a normal one in the front, where all the people sit...
The blacksmith's roof looks like it has the same problem!

Oh, and the house closest to the church's left-back corner, the roof is a bit strange there as well.
As for a general overview: It's looking really good with a little mistake here and there. But nothing you can't fix, I'm sure of that!

As blonde as can be!!!
Doesn't mean I'm the dumb one...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spoiler for supporting!:

Rep:
Level 55
Here is a tavern Ive been working on..
Do you guys think that the tables are out of place? I used a different tileset for those, and I really like them..
Thought I could hear your opinions, since I think they blend in pretty nice.. but always good to hear what the pros think ;)

Spoiler for tavern:

Im thinking about having a "help with the orders" kind of sidequest in this tavern.. where you collect the orders from the customers and gain rewards depending on how well you do.

Spoiler for Sidequest:
Might have stolen that idea (a little bit atleast), from Tales Of Vesperia :P
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 01:17:11 AM by Dizturb3d »
Can you feel that?..

My Current Project:

I support:

Fade

Rep:
Level 85
Everything seems way to spaced out, Just a personal thing XD

Rep:
Level 57
Destroy all the monsters...
@Dizturb3d: Wow, you really are improved the mapping. Gratx. :blizj:

Nos vemos.  8)
Click me, if wanna see more charas.-->
Spoiler for:

Rep:
Level 55
Everything seems way to spaced out, Just a personal thing XD

I like personal things! Especially when a advanced maper has a personal opinion haha! Could you go more in detail on what you mean? :) Im thinking about rearranging the walls a bit more to get rid of dead space, where Its not needed. But if you could explain it a little bit I would be more than happy. Every little bit I can snatch up to understand what Im doing wrong, can help me later on. What is your opinion about the tables btw? Think they blend well with the other surroundings?

@Dizturb3d: Wow, you really are improved the mapping. Gratx. :blizj:

Nos vemos.  8)

Gracias, Senor!  8) (Hope that was correct?)
Can you feel that?..

My Current Project:

I support:

Fade

Rep:
Level 85
Winter is here.
I don't see what Forte means about spacing - seems fine to me. =P Though the stage at the top could use some work. Right now it's just kind of...there. I'd make it appear a little more elevated, and maybe push it forward or backward to give it some depth.

Anyway, here's another map I cobbled together, mainly to test out the rain system I've been toying with. Once again, we can't see it in action because I don't know how to make GIFs.

Spoiler for:

EDIT: Crap, I forgot to fix the tree's shadow at the lower right. Disregard that. Seems the cliff discoloration on the lower left also slipped my attention.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 04:36:12 AM by Ryosis »
Eddard Stark art by Teiiku

Rep:
Level 85
@ryosis Its more of a personal prefrence, pay me no mind :P, and your map looks gorgeous :P

Rep:
Level 66
welcome to night vale
Contestant - GIAW 10
I don't see what Forte means about spacing - seems fine to me. =P Though the stage at the top could use some work. Right now it's just kind of...there. I'd make it appear a little more elevated, and maybe push it forward or backward to give it some depth.

Anyway, here's another map I cobbled together, mainly to test out the rain system I've been toying with. Once again, we can't see it in action because I don't know how to make GIFs.

Spoiler for:

EDIT: Crap, I forgot to fix the tree's shadow at the lower right. Disregard that. Seems the cliff discoloration on the lower left also slipped my attention.

Let me love you. No, seriously, that's really well done.

Rep:
Level 55

Spoiler for:

Thats a really nice heads-up! Gonna work on that later on, thanks alot for pointing that out :)

And your map is just amazing, wow.. I feel embarassed posting my stuff here when stuff like that pops up  :-[
I think Im making some progress on my Interior maps, but my exterior once are still a mess  ;9
Can you feel that?..

My Current Project:

I support:

Fade

Rep:
Level 85
Winter is here.
Don't sweat it, man. Mapping is just like any other skill; practice can and will lead to improvement. Truth be told, I still don't see myself as that great of a mapper, and I'm impressed at how quickly you're getting the hang of it.

Keep it up, man. Before you know it, people will be looking at your maps and saying "damn, this guy's good."

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
I think what forte means on dizturb3d's map is that it's a very big map that could probably be consolidated a little bit. The way it is now isn't bad, but maybe moving the tables a bit closer together and bringing down the top wall a bit would make it look a little more homogenous. Also, restaurants and taverns usually don't have a lot of walking space between their tables. Like I said though, it's still a pretty decent map. :)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 02:43:49 PM by Acolyte »

Rep:
Level 55
After listening to you guys, I made some edits on my map. I rearranged the walls a bit to get rid of dead space, and moved around the tables a bit. I also pushed the stage backwards, and added some more candlelights.
Im very glad for all the feedback, they will help me out alot when creating new maps.

The "working with depth", is something that helped me out alot aswell. Thats something that usually slips away from my attention, but now I will have a greater aspect of that, so thanks alot! :)

Here is the edited map:

Spoiler for tavern edit:
Can you feel that?..

My Current Project:

I support:

Fade

Rep:
Level 85
Much better :D Speaking with depth, should the outside bit fo your building be one square tall or two?

Rep:
Level 55
Much better :D Speaking with depth, should the outside bit fo your building be one square tall or two?

Well there is a upper floor to the building aswell, but I guess the whole building wall would be 4 frames tall.
That would mean I should have 2 frames for the outer wall, while being inside I guess? xD

Edit: Nevermind that, I was thinking about my Inn when I refered to the upper floor. The wall of this building will be 2 frames though.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 10:59:03 PM by Dizturb3d »
Can you feel that?..

My Current Project:

I support:

Fade

Rep:
Level 85
Winter is here.
Did a little experimenting with the cliffs on the map I posted earlier. I think the new cliffs are an improvement, but I wanted to get some opinions from y'all.

Spoiler for:

So, what do you guys think? Stick with the old cliffs, or go with the new cliffs?