RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Underrated Video Games

Rep:
Level 85
[s][s]twat[/s][/s]
Solar Jetman was F*CKING MENTAL. Did anyone actually finish that (apart from me)?
http://billybullshot.blogspot.com

Go here and play my game.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
Anyway, this thread is exactly like http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,17320.0.html, so I'm merging them.

Also - another underrated game is Baroque, for the Wii. It's a roguelike and incredibly frustrating and you hate at least the first half hour, but it gets to be a lot of fun I think.

Rep:
Level 85
This is MORTRED. the phantom assassin
Man i totally forgot the game hoshigami until you mentioned it hehe. I love that game.

Rep: +0/-0Level 85
Underrated means something that didn't get the attention that it deserved. Therefore, Mario RPG and Castlevania are not underrated.

Oh so an over looked game in the series totally means it's disqualified just because of the other games, that makes perfect sense.

While I'm not saying you're wrong Anski, I have to agree with Holk on everything minus the Legend of Legaia part... 

Super Mario RPG is far from underrated as well, it's actually very well received..  Anyone that owned or has/had a friend that owned a SNES pretty much agrees that it was a great game..

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
unless i'm mistaken Dragoon was NOT a square game, it was a Sony first party game. thus it's not up to square if there is a sequel.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
you're right, my bad.
wow I fucked that one up big time.

ok, so, SONY says there'll never be a sequel xD

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 90
The original Batman game for the NES was very underrated, because his clunky abilities and difficulty. It was however great.
community project for RPG Maker VX: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,33789.0.html

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
agree, but i dont see it to be underrated.
Also, warrior within. I've seen many sites which put this on like the 3rd worse game (out of 10-to be precise, i saw 4 such sites) or sometimes the 5th or so.

Just because it changes the pace and all. Its bloody, has action and lot of "nudity". I mean, ok, if you don't want to play it atleast dont insult it because it is friggin awesome.
Also, if everyone is critisizing the new style it brings, then you're sure gonna hate Prince of Persia 2008 (though i think making each enemy boss like is 'coral')
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
The original Batman game for the NES was very underrated, because his clunky abilities and difficulty. It was however great.

I think I'll have to meet you halfway here. That game was awesome, but I wouldn't call it underrated. It was #2 on the Nintendo Power Charts for a long time, which in those days was pretty much the only judge of popularity for video games. (no internet)

I'm the mother-fucking muffin KING, bitch.
Rep:
Level 88
Fuck You.
I think Final Fantasy 7 is fairly underrated. Cloud is a very deep character who has a very good hair do. The 3D graphics are supreme and they beat most of the other games at the time.

I think that the story is underrated and it should get more publicity.

a href="http://www.justsayhi.com/bb/fight5" style="display: block; background: url(http://assets.justsayhi.com/badges/415/366/fight5.sxycnp87hy.jpg) no-repeat; width: 296px; height: 84px; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 42px; color: #fff; text-decoration: none; text-align: center; padding-top: 145px;">25</a><p><small>Meet <a href="http://www.justsayhi.com/states/151/new-hampshire">New Hampshire Singles</a></small></p

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
I think Final Fantasy 7 is fairly underrated. Cloud is a very deep character who has a very good hair do. The 3D graphics are supreme and they beat most of the other games at the time.

Best post in thread.

Rep:
Level 90

That game is so overrated that it underrates it!
community project for RPG Maker VX: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,33789.0.html

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)

Considering this was made by Quintet (Soul Blazer, Illusion of Gaia, Terranigma), this should have gotten a lot more recognition than it really did. I loved this game.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 King of RMRK2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll

Just because I'm the only fucker around here who praises it.

Rep:
Level 90
F-Zero GP for GBA

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician

hi

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 94
Looks like he's going for the 8 ball in the corner pocket with the fluorescent light bulb.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
I'd probably be more inclined to play it if he really was.

Rep:
Level 88

hi
I thought this game looked amazing. I havent gotten it yet though.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween

YES, YES, A THOUSAND TIMES YES!

I lol'd

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
All of them.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Star Wars: Republic Commando great squad based FPS but it sold hardly at all.

Rep: +0/-0Level 84
I really liked all the Tales series, even though Symphonia was the only one that ever got American attention. Destiny 1 and 2 for the ps1 never really sold where I live, and even Symphonia has a minimal amount of understanding players these days.

Other than that, I'd have to say any soccer game ever made, since Americans seem to think football is life. I'm an exception.

Plenty of PS1 games were really underrated, but are really good.

I'll have to say King's Quest eventually. It was popular in its day, but when I mention it at school, people just look at me weird and change the subject.
Two-D programmers and high school freshmen share a common horror: the Z-axis.