RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Feminism

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
2014 Most Missed Member2013 Kindest Member2013 Most Mature Member2013 Queen of RMRK2013 Best CounselBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer2012 Kindest Member2012 Best Counselluv u bb <3Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantFor taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2010 Kindest Member
Sure, in the beginning everything was working well, and it's the angry crazies that came afterwards that give feminism a bad name. It's kind of like what has happened to many environmental movements. But, that's kind of the point. I'm sure it would be wrong to say that most feminists are the type of women we're discussing, the hypocritical, men-hating, violent type. I'm sure there are plenty of women who consider themselves feminists but don't hate men just because they have a penis. Majority or not, the crazies are the ones getting the attention, and they're the ones shaping what feminism is becoming and what society's view of feminists and feminism itself is. Oh, and let's not forget all the fallacious "studies" done by feminist groups to support their hatred of men and male-dominated society.

So if you want, argue that this is an issue of bad labeling; that we shouldn't group both sorts of feminists under the same label. At the same time, this extreme side of feminism is really what feminism has become. It's mostly loud angry women saying loud angry misguided things that are completely ridiculous.

But you are right, I do hate morons.

My name is Julie Chappell and I approve this message :julesapproved:

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
PETA is an organization, feminism is an ideology. The two aren't comparable. If anything, it should be comparing vegans to feminists.

I was comparing feminism to animal rights, not PETA. I probably should have been clearer about that.

<o>_<o>
Rep:
Level 72
2014 Best Artist2013 Best ArtistFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Gold - GIAW 10Contestant - GIAW 9
to step into a debate that has nothing to do with me, but a lot of those lesbian feminists are the kind of crazy people we're talking about to begin with.

To step into a debate that has nothing to do with ME, but alot of those people who try to push their opinions on everyone else but wont listen to others opinions are the kind of crazy people we're talking about.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Funniest Member2011 Best Musician2010 Most Missed Member
I'm not entirely sure what your point is, but I'm thinking that you missed mine. Maybe because I'm not very good at articulating my thoughts.
:tinysmile:

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII
PETA is an organization, feminism is an ideology. The two aren't comparable. If anything, it should be comparing vegans to feminists.

I don't much like vegans either.

Hmm.

<o>_<o>
Rep:
Level 72
2014 Best Artist2013 Best ArtistFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Gold - GIAW 10Contestant - GIAW 9
I'm not entirely sure what your point is, but I'm thinking that you missed mine. Maybe because I'm not very good at articulating my thoughts.

Thats what I thought.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Project of the Year 20142014 Queen of RMRK2014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
@Arrow & Lethrface

Yes, exactly. o:<

There's quite a bit more than a few, otherwise, who would care?

Right, but that really happens with most groups. Not just feminists. This whole thing is starting to remind me of:

>Few crazy pastors have huge problem with Gay Marriage.
>Some people develop deep hatred for religion/religious people based on those few extremists.

Not saying that happens often, but I've seen signs of it. :mad:

* yuyubabe is religious and approves of Gay marriage.

Not to step into a debate that has nothing to do with me, but a lot of those lesbian feminists are the kind of crazy people we're talking about to begin with. Just because she supports gay rights, and a some gay women are feminists, doesn't mean there's a contradiction there. That's like saying it's a contradiction for someone to, let's say, not support the death penalty, but is in support of a particular group of people. And let's say that many of that group of people do support the death penalty. They're two separate issues. You can be in support of a group getting the rights they deserve, and still have different ideologies.

You make an excellent point about the contradiction, but I didn't ever say it was my intention to contradict her. D: I just didn't think it was right to say feminism was all ridiculous, yet say the thing she did about females, games or not. It kinda proves the feminist point in a way. >:o
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

I <3 Green Day
Rep:
Level 58
"I'm the finger fucker" -Tre Cool
2013 Best Newbie2012 Most Missed Member2012 Best Writer
Okay, I'm actually going to throw my two cents with what Acolyte says.

Feminism isn't the problem, it's the people that take it in the wrong direction, just like any other philosophy or belief. You can't hate an idea because of the people that twist it into a bad direction.

I think she's right. There are some crazy feminists out there. The idea itself of feminism itself isn't any different then many other groups. There's going to be those few crazies that expect to be handed everything from any group, and take "equality" to beyond.

Okay, so I, for the most part, cannot stand feminists. And this list of "rape-supporters" is just bullshit... It degrades men in general and is so broad and vague it basically calls ALL MEN rape-supporters which is just wrong. So then I guess I am totally a rape supporter! GO RAPE.

Fuck this list...  fuck these types of supporters and anyone who legitimately believe this list is right...

It's all nonsense...

Friend, I will be honest in saying that your response is a bit puzzling to me! ;9 I promise I don't mean any harm, but I'm just going to shoot for my honesty, now. This isn't really about that lady's views, but more about yours. Welp, here goes.

I think its a little unfair when you told me once:
"I'm not really affected when a female character dies in a game", but you admit to crying over some male game character deaths, multiple times. O.o I know you have a lot of respect for men but, while saying "fuck this" to feminist views? Maybe that's not true, but that's how I kinda took this whole thing. After you said that thing about not being affected by female deaths, it kinda bothered me. And now, you're saying how much feminists bother you.

Not sure how true this is or not, but this is made from assumption: A lot of lesbians are feminists, and you have a lot of support for the gay-rights movement. (Which is just fine, they deserve their rights - I'm all for that). But, why do you hate all feminists "for the most part", but then dislike it when someone has issues with homosexuality? It makes little sense to me.

I don't believe in what that woman says, I'm just stating the irony.

I would like to point out that when I said I was unaffected by the deaths of female characters in games is in big part due to the 'stereo-type' woman placed in the games. They are almost always one dimensional characters without an actual personality of their own that would be seen in real life. The male characters do. And yes, I can list a few where there were some women that did have an actual personality.

But this is besides the point. Lesbians are, for the most part, NOT feminists. They typically don't care. And I understand that you said it was an assumption. And the fact that you think I base my opinion on feminists on how I view a fictional character in a game is well, insulting.

And the views I get. It is the LIST I was bitching about and those crazy feminists who think all men are out to get them. I never once said in that post I hated their views... It was about that post in particular.

And I must ask, did you read that post? It was ridiculous. I think you took my post way out of context and shoved it to the extreme of hated all women and their views, and that is not right.  I never mentioned their views, only them.
It's a good year when you win an award and give a name to a beer. But you have to make up a sex position to complete it. That would be the Bullwinkle.
     -Tre Cool

Rep:
Level 62
you dont know me, you're not god!
if feminist think that men are out to get them i would think a lot of them wouldn't date them, and probably moved on to dating other women... and i think all women are a little feminist.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 02:18:52 AM by julyla »

<o>_<o>
Rep:
Level 72
I would like to point out that when I said I was unaffected by the deaths of female characters in games is in big part due to the 'stereo-type' woman placed in the games. They are almost always one dimensional characters without an actual personality of their own that would be seen in real life. The male characters do. And yes, I can list a few where there were some women that did have an actual personality.

But this is besides the point. Lesbians are, for the most part, NOT feminists. They typically don't care. And I understand that you said it was an assumption. And the fact that you think I base my opinion on feminists on how I view a fictional character in a game is well, insulting.

And the views I get. It is the LIST I was bitching about and those crazy feminists who think all men are out to get them. I never once said in that post I hated their views... It was about that post in particular.

And I must ask, did you read that post? It was ridiculous. I think you took my post way out of context and shoved it to the extreme of hated all women and their views, and that is not right.  I never mentioned their views, only them.

I believe Yuyubabe is simply voicing her opinion, just as you were when you made your posts. as such I ask that you respect her thoughts, please.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Not to be rude Halo, because I do agree with ninety percent of what you said, but this kind of struck me as a little odd.

I'm sure it would be wrong to say that most feminists are the type of women we're discussing, the hypocritical, men-hating, violent type.

[...]

At the same time, this extreme side of feminism is really what feminism has become. It's mostly loud angry women saying loud angry misguided things that are completely ridiculous.

Could you clarify, here?

if feminist think that men are out to get them i would think a lot of them wouldn't date them, and probably moved on to dating other women

You shouldn't say things like that- they do not reflect well on you.

Rep:
Level 62
You shouldn't say things like that- they do not reflect well on you.

im as straight as an arrow  :P

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Funniest Member2011 Best Musician2010 Most Missed Member
Not to be rude Halo, because I do agree with ninety percent of what you said, but this kind of struck me as a little odd.

I'm sure it would be wrong to say that most feminists are the type of women we're discussing, the hypocritical, men-hating, violent type.

[...]

At the same time, this extreme side of feminism is really what feminism has become. It's mostly loud angry women saying loud angry misguided things that are completely ridiculous.

Could you clarify, here?

Sorry, I meant that it would be wrong to say the majority of feminists are crazy, but it's the crazy ones that are the face of feminism.

I <3 Green Day
Rep:
Level 58
There was no disrespect in my post Mariah. I respect her views, just as she respects mine. I thought I was clear on what  meant but apparently not...  I don't hate all women, I hate the eccentric women who agree with the original post and THEIR views on feminism. That's all I meant really...

And I just wanted to defend myself...

And I was only one of many people who said they can't stand feminists. It's not like my post was the only one...

It's a good year when you win an award and give a name to a beer. But you have to make up a sex position to complete it. That would be the Bullwinkle.
     -Tre Cool

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Alright, that makes total sense.

And Julyla, I wasn't saying it doesn't look good to align as homosexual- I myself am very much bi. I'm saying that that was a sweeping generalization that flies in the face of the situation's truth.

Rep:
Level 62
And Julyla, I wasn't saying it doesn't look good to align as homosexual- I myself am very much bi. I'm saying that that was a sweeping generalization that flies in the face of the situation's truth.

i always leave room for the exceptions, i know not all feminist are attracted to women.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Project of the Year 20142014 Queen of RMRK2014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o

That particular video game female mentioned actually had a pretty decent personality. I've known many female characters with great personalities. Actually, you didn't play that game (or got to that part), so you didn't really have a way of knowing what her personality was, but still said that ?? I found it kind of offensive, especially after I was talking about how sad I thought it was and you replied with an "I don't really care" response. That's against the point.

I'd assume a lot of feminists wouldn't want to marry men? I don't know the statistics, exactly, but it was an assumption.

I don't think it has to do with feminists, but females in general. You've showed more signs of having less respect for females then males, in other ways. I'm not saying you hate females, but you don't seem to respect them as much as men.

Okay, so I, for the most part, cannot stand feminists.

You should clarify, because it sounded like you were trashing all feminists based on one extremist. You've even said before that you hate religious people, and I didn't even know how to reply, because you know I am religious. Okay, so I consider myself a feminist, because I want equality for men and women (like Lethrface's definition stated). I'm no extremist, but I believe in equal opportunities. In fact, I think women have an easier time getting jobs, compared to men. I think that should be fixed. That's what a real feminist is, because that's equality. And that statement was offensive to me.

Yeah, that's the views of one extremist. There are environmentalists that think animals should be able to sue in court. There are crazies in every group. Maybe you didn't mean all feminists, but it sounded like you did at the time when this all bothered me.
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

I <3 Green Day
Rep:
Level 58

That particular video game female mentioned actually had a pretty decent personality. I've known many female characters with great personalities. Actually, you didn't play that game (or got to that part), so you didn't really have a way of knowing what her personality was, but still said that ?? I found it kind of offensive, especially after I was talking about how sad I thought it was and you replied with an "I don't really care" response. That's against the point.

I'd assume a lot of feminists wouldn't want to marry men? I don't know the statistics, exactly, but it was an assumption.

I don't think it has to do with feminists, but females in general. You've showed more signs of having less respect for females then males, in other ways. I'm not saying you hate females, but you don't seem to respect them as much as men.

Okay, so I, for the most part, cannot stand feminists.

You should clarify, because it sounded like you were trashing all feminists based on one extremist. You've even said before that you hate religious people, and I didn't even know how to reply, because you know I am religious. Okay, so I consider myself a feminist, because I want equality for men and women (like Lethrface's definition stated). I'm no extremist, but I believe in equal opportunities. In fact, I think women have an easier time getting jobs, compared to men. I think that should be fixed. That's what a real feminist is, because that's equality. And that statement was offensive to me.

Yeah, that's the views of one extremist. There are environmentalists that think animals should be able to sue in court. There are crazies in every group. Maybe you didn't mean all feminists, but it sounded like you did at the time when this all bothered me.

What video game character did you think I meant? I never gave any particulars... I said female characters in general in video games.
     -Tre Cool

Rep:
Level 97

Hello, I was married to a feminist. Your claims are based on stereotypes, thank you for playing.

I like how we pretty much all were saying the same thing about feminists and made it pretty clear from the beginning we were all talking about the extremist crazy ones like the example in the first post and yuyubabe has chosen to single one person's posts out.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 03:04:28 AM by HaloOfTheSun »

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
2014 Most Missed Member2013 Kindest Member2013 Most Mature Member2013 Queen of RMRK2013 Best CounselBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer2012 Kindest Member2012 Best Counselluv u bb <3Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantFor taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2010 Kindest Member
Uh, can I for one say that when I read Guin's post I took it simply as she didn't like the woman who made that post.  Speaking for myself only she has never been disrespectful to me. 

I think you guys just had a misunderstanding. 

Edit: I would also like to say that I FREAKING HATE THAT I CAN'T SEE THAT PEOPLE HAVE REPLIED. :mad:

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
How many feminists does it take to change a lightbulb?

Spoiler for:
Feminists can't change anything.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
What video game character did you think I meant? I never gave any particulars... I said female characters in general in video games.

The one we were talking about at the time, but I'm not going to spoil a part of the plot. :-X

I like how we pretty much all were saying the same thing about feminists and made it pretty clear from the beginning we were all talking about the extremist crazy ones like the example in the first post and yuyubabe has chosen to single one person's posts out.

Okay. The topic is called "feminism", referring to feminism in general?

Also, I didn't single out her post. My intention was to point out the irony of her statement, because she crams her beliefs down my throat, but then goes around talking nonsense about mine. I'm sick and tired of accepting it, and I'm defending my beliefs, for once.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 03:15:11 AM by yuyubabe »
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
I like how we pretty much all were saying the same thing about feminists and made it pretty clear from the beginning we were all talking about the extremist crazy ones
Umm...............................................

This is false.

Sperm Donor Extraordinaire
Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9
I'm really surprised this is still going without getting thrown in the sewers and going way off topic.
I am out of fucks to give.  In fact, I think you owe ME some fucks.  I have insufficient fucks in the fucking account.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.a^2 + b^2 = c^2How can I help you? :DSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
How many feminists does it take to change a lightbulb?

Spoiler for:
Feminists can't change anything.

I know you probably didn't mean it as such, but I found that rather offensive.