RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[2k3] Legacy Saga A Tale Of Two Worlds DEMO

Rep: +0/-0Level 68
RMRK Junior
EDIT: Posted 08/14/2011

First I would like to say I am sorry it took so long for the update, personal life issues happened. Anyway, onto the good stuff.

I changed LOTS of things from the last release. The summon level up system will no longer be put in the game. However, the summoner will still be in the game. I also touched up my mapping some. I fixed some little graphical glitches (most likely there will be more :), I have a habit of doing that.) I changed the title as suggested. Last but not least game play has been extended by roughly one hour to add up to six hours of game play.

Overall Progress: 12%

INFORMATION ABOUT THE GAME

(1) Title screen created by Croixiane
(2) Monster graphics from FF3/6, Romancing Saga 3, Bahamut Lagoon and Dual Orb 2.
(3) About 6 or so hours of game play.
(4) Custom menu as well as the default menu.

STORY LINE

Long ago when the world was young. Everything in existence was that of a pure heart. From the grazing animals, to the every so enthusiastic humans. Your every desires could be done without a second thought or someone to stand in your way. There existed a force known as Magic, a beautiful power that had many possibilities. One of those, unforgettably was evil and bad intent. See, there is also a evil demon world. The two worlds have never crossed paths, until one fateful day about 1000 years ago. A demon with a cold heart had the desire to take over earth. He began to work on his evil art of magic, for years he went through intense training. He then harnessed the power to open a gate to earth. He began to ravish the world that he claimed for his own. Earth was on the brink of destruction when the legendary heroes arose to attempt to put and end to rage. A long and bloody battle ensued with each side striking near mortal blows. In the end, the evil was near destroyed. Instead of killing him, they sent him back to his world and four mystic crystals were created to lock that world away so his dream of taking of earth will forever have to stay in his mind. However, the heroes didn't know that great evil planted a seed on the earth. that once grown. Will begin an evil quest to collect the crystals and re start his blood thirsty take over.

GAME FEATURES

Ability System "In Demo"
(The character that uses this can only equip four skills at a time, makes for good strategy.)
Talent System "In Demo"
(The character that uses this has a skill system very similar to that of the talent system in WoW.)
Rune System "Not In Demo"
(You equip runes in the relic spot and they gain exp, once you master them they turn into a skill you can teach to anyone.)
Star Point System "In Demo"
(You collect a special currency called star points and you use them to buy status raising items.)
Party System "In Demo"
(You change and manage your party members.)
Blue Magic System "Not In Demo"
(Learn magics from enemies. The same concept as in the old school final fantasy games, but presented in a different way.)
Moogle Town "In demo"
(You build and improve your very own town, think along the lines of the suikoden series.)

CHARACTERS

14 in total (15 if you count the secret character)

Jeromy (Hero)
David (Ninja)
Jesse (Berserker)
Evan (Black Wizard)
Matt (Fighter)
Jennifer (White Wizard)
Brandon (Fighter)
Bobby (Blue Wizard)
Sara (Black Wizard)
Scott (Red Wizard)
Ed (Summoner)
Rob (White Wizard)
Rachel (Paladin)
Jimmy (Knight)
????? (Alien)

SCREEN SHOTS

Spoiler for:
Title Screen

Battle Screen 1

Battle Screen 2

Rock Puzzle

Poor Town

Poor House

Dark Cave

Sewer

Magical Cavern

Special Menu

Ability Menu

Talent Menu A

Talent Menu B

Party Menu

Star Point Menu

DOWNLOADS

"GAME"
http://www.sendspace.com/file/axvgbi

"FONTS" Just copy and paste the fonts in this folder, into your computers font folder.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/e5gxbr

Please note, only do the font install if the fonts in my game are messed.

CLOSING STATEMENT

Id like to say first and foremost, thanks for all the current and future feedback. It's because of you guys that I can improve my game. Please by all means keep giving me your thoughts, good or bad.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 03:38:36 PM by modern algebra »

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
The game looks really good.
The title is terrible, however.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
It looks great - personally I love 2k3 games and I think that sentiment is mostly shared by other members, but truthfully, we don't have a lot of activity in those sections. You are, of course, welcome to stay and I hope you do - maybe a few members like yourself are just what we need to revive those sections!

I think rpgmaker.net is one of the better sites for RM2k3 though.

Rep:
Level 82
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Easy Mode)2013 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2013 Most Promising Project2013 Project of the YearParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 10
Ignoring the cliches and fourth wall breaking, I will comment only on the errors and make note of things that I come across. There are many misspelled words within the game text as well as at least one use of internet acronyms ('lol') and more modern lingo ('dude'). If the setting is a combination of modern and fantasy or if that's simply the way that you wish them to speak, then that's fine.

All of that aside, for an older engine, the graphics are nice and areas are laid out well.

<General>
- Layering issues on several tiles in many areas. Generally trees, plants or the back-side of houses that can be walked over when they shouldn't be or cannot be walked behind when they should be.
- Second group shares the same inventory as the first group?

<'First Mission' - Tunnel>
- Unclear where exactly to break the wall with the hammer. No visual clues or textual hints given.

<'First Mission' - Forest Clearing>
- Unclear where exactly to collect the berries. No visual clues or textual hints given.
- Random teleport remains near the lower section of the area. (not normally accessible to players, but still there)
- Random script generates an error on the far right side of the area, near the middle. (not normally accessible to players, but still there)

UPDATED 05-29-14

IS YOUR PROJECT OPTIMIZED?
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v2.5

RPG MAKER TOOLBOX
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v1.5

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
I'll try the demo tomorrow for sure.
The mapping does look good though, maybe it's the lighting, but it's very appealing.

RMRK Junior
Ok, after a much longer time then I wanted to take, an update is now posted. Please check out the first page of this topic, thanks.

RMRK Junior

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
Dude, no need to get in a panic over no one replying for a single day.

I'll take a look at it when I've got some time.

RMRK Junior
sorry, another forum that i was using which i will not name. di**ed me. an really angered me (long story). sorry.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
What does that have to do with bumping after a day?

RMRK Junior
come to think of it nothing. Sorry, I get really anxious when I post my game somewhere. The other forum I used i almost never got a reply, then I come to find out some one was taking my maps an animations and stuff from my game (aka, stealing my work.) So yeah, sorry about that.