RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Other/XP/VX/VXA] Project Tools List (Revision 1.5; Upd-07/04/15)

Rep:
Level 82
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Easy Mode)2013 Project of the Year2013 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2013 Most Promising ProjectParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 10
  • Update History
Spoiler for Update History:
  • < Version 1.5 | 07/04/15 >
    • Removed several graphic editors
    • Added Open Broadcaster Software under Graphics > Screen Recorders
    • Updated appearance.
  • < Version 1.3 | 10/09/12 >
    • Updated appearance.
  • < Version 1.2 | 08/03/11 >
    • Added FotoGraphix under Graphics > Graphic Editors
    • Added Little Install Builder under System > Content Packaging
  • < Version 1.1 | 07/31/11 > Added ClickTeam Install Creator under System > Content Packaging (thanks cozziekuns)
  • < Version 1.0 | 07/31/11 > Initial Release

• Graphics
Spoiler for Graphics Category:
  • Graphic Editors
    • ( Link ) < Paint.NET >
      Solid graphics application, easy to use layout. Quick download and small installation footprint.

• ( Link ) < Gimp >
      Good graphics application, although the layout may be confusing to those new graphic editing.

• ( Link ) < Fotografix >
      Decent graphics application, with many standard features including support for layers. Extremely tiny download and installation footprint (under one megabyte). Very fast load time and simple to use.

• Screen Recorders
    • ( Link ) < Open Broadcaster Software >
      After some configuration, OBS allows for recording of the RPG Maker screen; useful for creating game play videos and so on.

• ( Link ) < Cam Studio >
      Allows easy recording of the RPG Maker screen for use in creating game play preview videos. Quite out of date now, but still useful in some situations.

• Video Editors
    • ( Link ) < VirtualDub >
      Somewhat easy to use video editor.

• Watermark
    • ( Link ) < OpenPuff >
      With this program you can tag your graphics and video files with an invisible watermark.

• Optimization
    • ( Link ) < Project Optimization Thread >

• Audio
Spoiler for Audio Category:
  • Sound Editors
    • ( Link ) < Audacity >
      Free and fairly easy to use sound editor.

• Sound Tools
    • ( Link ) < Paul's Extreme Sound Stretch >
      This program is used for extreme sound stretching of the audio (8x, 50x and so on) and for applying special effects by "spectral smoothing" the sounds. You can create ambient background music quite easily with this application.

• Watermark
    • ( Link ) < OpenPuff >
      With this program you can tag your audio files with an invisible watermark. Does not yet support OGG files.

• Optimization
    • ( Link ) < Project Optimization Thread >

• System
Spoiler for System Category:
  • Content Packaging
    • ( Link ) < Inno Setup >

• ( Link ) < NSIS >

• ( Link ) < ClickTeam Install Creator >

• ( Link ) < Little Install Builder >
      Very basic and straight forward install builder.

• Debugging
    • ( Link ) < AppCrashView >
      Displays detailed information for program crashes, which is good when attempting to narrow down why Game.exe terminates unexpectedly. Currently only works on Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008.

• ( Link ) < WhatIsHang >
      Displays detailed information for programs which are 'hung' or 'frozen' and offers suggestions as to why they have done so. This is good when attempting to narrow down why Game.exe hangs unexpectedly.

• ( Link ) < BlueScreenView >
      Displays blue screen information for the rare occasion where Game.exe or other associated processes generate a blue screen.

• ( Link ) < RunAsDate >
      Runs the designated program under the user specified date and time. This is good for testing scripts which make use of the system time of the computer.

• ( Link ) < OpenedFilesView >
      Displays files that are currently locked by certain programs, which may be good when trying to narrow down what files Game.exe might not be releasing properly.

• ( Link ) < Process Monitor >
      Allows for detailed monitoring of applications, including what registry keys and files are opened or modified. This is often good when tracking down what Game.exe is doing prior to a crash or hang.

• ( Link ) < Unlocker >
      Often when RPG Maker opens OGG audio files during design mode, it fails to release them properly. This may lead to errors or issues with deleting the affected files while the program is still open. This program allows the user to release the lock the application has placed on the file.

• Windows API
    • ( Link ) < WinExplorer >
      Displays the hierarchy of currently open windows.,You can view their properties such as like handle, class name, caption, size, position and more.

• Other Tools
    • ( Link ) < Tiny Spell >
      As there is no built-in spell check within RPG Maker, this very small program can help reduce simple spelling errors by offering spelling suggestions as the user types.

FEEL FREE TO SUGGEST PROGRAMS THAT YOU USE!
A heavy emphasis is placed on free programs rather than purchased programs.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 07:17:18 PM by exhydra »

UPDATED 05-29-14

IS YOUR PROJECT OPTIMIZED?
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v2.5

RPG MAKER TOOLBOX
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v1.5

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
Shouldn't this be listed under resources?

Anyways, this is pretty cool! Well done Exhydra. Here something that's commonly seen:

Clickteam Installer is often used for packaging, though personally I think NSIS outclasses it. I guess it's a bit more user friendly, from what I've seen. Your decision on whether or not you should add it in.

Rep:
Level 82
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Easy Mode)2013 Project of the Year2013 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2013 Most Promising ProjectParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 10
I wasn't sure if it fit into Resources with the current description of the board, as it sounds more like its for tilesets and graphics. If the moderators think that it would work better there, then that's perfectly fine. I just wasn't sure, so I placed it here.

I'll go ahead and add it ... better to offer more options available to others than less. Thanks for the suggestion!

UPDATED 05-29-14

UPDATED 07/04/15 - v2.5

RPG MAKER TOOLBOX
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v1.5

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
Thanks for sharing this! I accually just downloaded Tiny Spell from here!

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
This is great. I think Resources is a good place for it. This is very useful Exhydra.

Rep:
Level 82
  • < Version 1.5 | 07/04/15 >
    • Removed several graphic editors
    • Added Open Broadcaster Software under Graphics > Screen Recorders
    • Updated appearance.

UPDATED 05-29-14

UPDATED 07/04/15 - v2.5

RPG MAKER TOOLBOX
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v1.5

Rep: +0/-0Level 68
RMRK Junior
This topic really is rich and very useful
here I find a lot of tools I wondered where to find them
especially screen recorders and audio compressors.

Thanks for your effort.