RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Dragon Quest 1-6

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Hello everyone. I just wanted to make this topic to talk about the popular series of games: "Dragon Quest". Talk about things such as: Which was your favorite?; Which was the most fun; what ones you have played, etc.

I am just starting on DQ6. I downloaded the ROM along with ZSNES.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
I haven't played a single one of these games. But I have like 20 of the soundtracks. ~
:tinysmile:

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Guns don't kill people. Magic missiles do.
I have played Dragon Warrior 1, 2, and 3.  3 is definitely one of the greatest RPG's I've ever played, due to its party customization and epic size.  Dragon Warrior is one of my favorite RPG series, because it retains its retro, simplistic and straightforward nature while being really completely rock-your-socks awesome at the same time.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
I just found out I have roms of Dragon Warrior 3, 5, and 6. I'll have to play them sometime.

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Definitely definitely play 3.  Or else I will gouge your eyes out.

Rep:
Level 97
Well, I definately enjoy being able to see.... hm.... ok, I suppose I can play it... if you're going to make me. =D

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
How do you feel about DW Monsters?

oh...and is there a difference between Dragon Quest and Dragon Warrior? I getted them mixed up.

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Dragon Warrior was the name adapted for the series when it when it was brought to the U.S., because there was a little-known tabletop RPG that already had the name Dragon Quest.  In Japan, however, the series has always been called Dragon Quest.  I'm not exactly sure why they decided to begin using "Quest" now, because it's only succeeded in causing a lot of confusion.

In short, Dragon Warrior 3 is the same exact game as Dragon Quest 3.

Another confusing factor is that the first three games were "remixed" on the SNES (their initial release was on the NES), and then again re-released on the Game Boy Color.

Here's some nifty trivia:  Dragon Warrior 1 was the first console RPG released in the United States.  In Japan, the very first console RPG was Fire Emblem.

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
I find 6 and 5 hightly enjoyable. In my opinion they are better than 3. Still....6 is addicting and fun. I'm currently at LV 4 and it's pretty rough.

You should play 5 and 6 Yossy, they are GREAT installments. If you did: =D. If not: =( :'(

There's a website called www.nerologic.com where you can get them (along with the SNES version of 3). If I couldn't post the website then it will be edited out.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2006, 07:03:00 PM by Lavata »

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Like halo I've never played one of them, though I have pretty much all the dragon quest music ever and I definately think some of it is pretty neat =o
bringing sexy back

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
I like the symphonic versions. The music is good, I agree.

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
I find 6 and 5 hightly enjoyable. In my opinion they are better than 3. Still....6 is addicting and fun. I'm currently at LV 4 and it's pretty rough.

You should play 5 and 6 Yossy, they are GREAT installments. If you did: =D. If not: =( :'(

There's a website called www.nerologic.com where you can get them (along with the SNES version of 3). If I couldn't post the website then it will be edited out.

Sweet, thanks for that link!  5 and 6 are on the SNES, right?  And these are the english versions?

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
i got my computer back today, so ill check it out when i can.

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Yes. 5 and 6 are on the SNES. You might want to download ZSNES (I find it to be the best one =) )

The games are in Japanese..but the english patch is avalible for download with the ROM.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2006, 01:40:18 AM by Lavata »

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
I love this series as well. ^_^

Dragon Quest 8 (not mentioned in title :( ) has the same feel, but the characters are preset. But you still get to customize them (sorta).
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
They're making DQ9 for the DS.

THoughts and/or opinions?

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
WOW, now I'm really happy that I have a DS.  This'll be the first DW game I've played since 3.  :tpg:

Yes. 5 and 6 are on the SNES. You might want to download ZSNES (I find it to be the best one =) )

The games are in Japanese..but the english patch is avalible for download with the ROM.
Woo hoo~!  And I alreay have ZSNES, so this'll be... fun. <3

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Yay. Remember to tell us what you thought of 5 and 6 (5 or 6) when you play one of them.

Oh...and IX might not be the best thing. It's not keeping to the classical ways of DQ and is going to be an action-RPG. Still...it could be alright, I guess.

OH! Here is a video with some DQ IX gameplay in it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IB4XidobQAU
« Last Edit: December 15, 2006, 06:56:17 PM by Lavata »

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
aw really?

well, i sorta always thought the DQ battle system was a bit slow, but who knows. Anyways, the graphics are once again, pretty good for the DS.

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
It's supposed to be slow. It's a series that maintains the classical feel to games...like they did on the NES. I like them that way, they are fun and a great way to get away from 'serious' games. Your right about the graphics...I like them. I also like the part where you can change equipment with the stylus =)

Evern if it's not a 'traditional' DQ game....I'm still gonna end up buying it if it comes here.

Woo video's.

DQ8: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLk0yXr6y58&mode=related&search= *SPOILERS*

DQ5: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUIzWvSP4NM *SPOILERS*

DQ6: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCRcxaorIyg *SPOILERS*

DQ4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fb96I2xxnKA

and that's it. I don't know why I post them...it's just something to do =P

Dragon quest VI is pretty tough. It's the one I'm playing now. I'm level 6 =)
DQ 8 was also pretty good...I'm not done yet (I plan to after I beat XII). Still...it has this thing in it that makes me want to play it more for some reason. I get that feeling with almost all the DQ's (except for 1-2) and most FF's.

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Oh...does anyone happen to have the Dragon Warrior 3 ROM for NES? The ones on Nerologic are expired =(

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
I've played Dragon Quest: Journey of The Cursed King