RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Paper Mario Pocket!

Rep:
Level 88
It's kind of awesome.
Never thought I'd say this: ONE MORE THING! FOR REAL! I finally finished the rework for Chapter 7, and now I have to do the one for Chapter 8, and I'm done!
My games in progress:

Super Smash Bros. The Cosmic Offensive
 Current Stage: Planning

My Completed Games:
   Paper Mario Pocket (2006)
     https://sourceforge.net/project/platformdownload.php?group_id=240896
   Paper Mario Pocket 2: Future Shock! (2009)

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
I'm basically Yoda's brother
cool

ps. I have question, how did you post this post in projects/games? it will only let me post things in childs boards   :-\

just so everyone knows, im 15 years old.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
he posted this before the new projects section was made. now you need to have certain stuff before your game can be here.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
(sorry for the off topic question)
what "certain stuff"?

Rep:
Level 88
It's kind of awesome.
OMFG! I finished the postgame Chapter 8 (It wasn't nearly as long) and now I'm putting in the last-minute thing I had an idea for. It's 10:00 here, and I haven't eaten very much all day, so I'm going to do that last little thing, have dinner, and call it a night. I'll do a final test run in the morning, and have it going out tomorrow around 4:00 California time (USA Pacific).

Here's how I will distribute the beta file: Everyone who has signed up (I hope, cause I lost the list in my computer crash) can PM me, and I will do a mass reply with a link to a download site. So, if you want the beta version, and you're going to bug test for me, just PM me. I have e-mail notification on, so don't worry. I'll know if I get a PM. If you'd rather that I e-mail you the link just say so in the PM. I'll send the link to everyone at the same time, so don't request that I send it early, or badger me. I want to do a full test run to make sure there are no fatal errors, cause it would suck if you got going, and then the game failed cause of some major bug that I didn't catch myself. If that happened, I would have to redistribute the game, so let's try to avoid the major crash bugs, shall we? Mkay! We're on the home stretch, people! Thanks so much for all your help and patience in waiting for me to perfect this thing! It's like Shigeru Miyamoto says: "A bad game that is worked on for a long time, can become great. A bad game that is released is a bad game forever."

P.S. If you don't know who Shigeru Miyamoto is, you don't get to beta test. He's the creator of Mario. Okay, now you know, so you can beta test  ;D.

Update for 4/01/07 @ 4:00
Okaaaaay...I only recieved ONE PM...That's okay, though, cause I'm still doing that last minute thing. I'm down to the wire, here. Send me PMs or E-mails if you want to beta test. I mean, send them NOW. Don't send me the application, or anything. If you say you filled it out, I'll believe you. Just let me know that you want the link because I lost my master list of beta testers. I'll give you guys and myself 1-2 hours to send me an e-mail. Don't worry if you sign up late, I'll still give you the link. Just do me a favor, and let me know soon so I know how many testers I have. Thanks!

Update for 4/01/07 @ 6:40 Pacific Time
I'm going to do one final test run for major bugs that may have occurred. It'll take about 2 more hours. Sit tight! This is it!

Update for 4/02/07 @ 11:20 Pacific Time
Okay. I sent out the link. If you didn't get it, PM me, and I'll send it to you, too.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2007, 06:22:01 PM by Teej »
My games in progress:

My Completed Games:

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
I'm so excited! And Shigeru Miyamoto is the most important man in video games! Who doesn't know that?

EDIT: I hope it's not too late to beta test  :'(
« Last Edit: April 02, 2007, 06:52:28 PM by Irockman1 »

Rep:
Level 88
It's kind of awesome.
Irockman, you've been one of the biggest contributors on this thread. Of course it's not too late! You too, Arrow-1. You and many others have been waiting for this for a LONG time, so I had hoped you would participate! I'll PM the link to both of you right now!

Edit for, like, two seconds later

I'm really anxious to know what you think! Just an FYI, the graphics and effects..well pretty much everything gets better as the game progresses, cause I learned more about RMXP as I made it.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2007, 09:49:27 PM by Teej »
My games in progress:

My Completed Games:

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Okay, downloading now.  ;D

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
that game is freaking amazing! thats awesome! truly a 2 thumbs up! (for a fan game) thats crazy! your really good at making games!

i have 2 questions though:
  • how did u make it so, when a monster is close to you, he chases you?
  • and how did you make it so, there is hardly any lag? you had alot of events in the maps, i would expect alot more lag than there was. how did you do it? was it a script?

i found 1 bug so far: when you press "enter" at twink's mail box, the game crashses. im not sure if it does that for mario's or goombella's mail box b/c i posted this right when i found out.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Holy shit, the game is still being worked on? Impressive.

Rep:
Level 102
My total playtime was 3:43:50. That includes food breaks and other business of mine.
My total steps are 14,299 at level seven with 249 coins.

The storyline is awesome, yet you can beat the game without getting into one non boss/mini boss battle.
I pmed you all of the errors.

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
The Hated One
Yay! Paper Mario games are possibly the best series ever! This looks awesome!
Legacy: The Gatekeeper- Demo 2.0 Now Avaliable

Ancient Mummy
Rep:
Level 90
:o
Almost done !?
Great cant wait to play

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
I saw a screenshot of the game, and I'll say this as nicely as I can: Find someone else to map for you, because you are terrible at it.

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
i have 2 questions (please answer them)

• how did you make it so there is no lag?
and
  • how did you make a little move before the game went to the title screen?

Rep:
Level 88
It's kind of awesome.
Heh. Haven't been noticing messages about thread updates. I got one, and thought it was old. To answer your previous statements:

Fadark: Thanks for the kind words. I really put a lot of work into this. The Monster chasing thing was created by NearFantastica. I found it on CreationAsylum.com. I had to customize it a bit, but it really works well. As for the no lag thing? My guess is luck. I didn't put in a no-lag script. Maybe one was implemented in one of the scripts that I used. But either way, I'm glad that it's running well. Lastly, the intro was done by SephirothSpawn on CreationAsylum as well. I had to change the script a tad so that it no longer required the SDK, which is normally next to impossible, but this script was easier to modify. He did an awesome job on it.

Zypher: I know that mapping and art are not my forte. But just ask anyone who has played the game, or read anything that I have written, and they will tell you that my real skill is in writing. I just did this for fun, but if I were to do it for real, I wouldn't map or do the artwork myself.

coolkid25344: Rock on. That's why I made this. I LOVE the Mario RPG series, much less, Paper Mario. I called this Paper Mario Pocket because it uses characters from Paper Mario. The sequel, which I am already writing the text script for, will include a much wider range of characters (Return of Geno and Mallow!)

Snailer: Hopefully, it will be done with testing by the end of the month, if not sooner. Things are looking good, and I owe a lot to all of you who waited so long for my anal self to get this thing exactly the way I want it.
My games in progress:

My Completed Games:

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
the intro was done by SephirothSpawn on CreationAsylum

ive searched for the script on creation asylum but i cant find it, can you post the script that you used?

Rep:
Level 88
YAY! GENO! WOOOT!!! MALLOW!!!! WOOOOOOT!!!!! RPG!!!! YAY! I BEAT SUPER MARIO RPG!!
 :hammer::m: I did. ;)

Rep:
Level 102
the intro was done by SephirothSpawn on CreationAsylum

ive searched for the script on creation asylum but i cant find it, can you post the script that you used?
This belongs in a PM but..
Spoiler for:
Code: [Select]
class Scene_Cutscene
def main
    $data_actors        = load_data("Data/Actors.rxdata")
    $data_tilesets      = load_data("Data/Tilesets.rxdata")
    $data_common_events = load_data("Data/CommonEvents.rxdata")
    $data_system        = load_data("Data/System.rxdata")
    $data_mapInfos     = load_data("Data/MapInfos.rxdata")
    $game_temp          = Game_Temp.new
    $game_system        = Game_System.new
    $game_switches      = Game_Switches.new
    $game_variables     = Game_Variables.new
    $game_self_switches = Game_SelfSwitches.new
    $game_screen        = Game_Screen.new
    $game_actors        = Game_Actors.new
    $game_party         = Game_Party.new
    $game_map           = Game_Map.new
    $game_player        = Game_Player.new
    @save_max = 3
    for i in 0..@save_max     
      if FileTest.exist?("Save#{i+1}.rxdata") : $scene = Scene_Title.new end
    end
    $game_map.setup(14)
    $game_player.moveto(0, 0)
    $game_player.refresh
    $game_map.update
    $scene = Scene_Map.new
  end
end

It's been deleted from these forums so I don't have instructions on how to work it.

And, I like all of the extras you have at the end. Great game Teej =O
Maybe you should make a sequel. You know..I'm working on a mario tileset. ;D

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
does teej know the directions? lets ask. teej, do you know the directions? ??? ;D

Rep:
Level 88
I wana play the game!

Rep:
Level 88
It's kind of awesome.
I'll PM you regarding this.  :)
My games in progress:

My Completed Games:

Rep:
Level 102
Rpg_Gnome, remember to report any bugs to get the game out faster. ;D

Rep:
Level 88
Im good with finding flaws in tilesets!

Rep:
Level 102
Tileset flaws aren't what's really important. Look for all kinds of bugs.