RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
EARTHBOUND (The Totally Awesome Sequel)

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
I know, but Qewl is a good kid at heart, and I know he wasn't trying to be an asshole, just trying to ease the tidal wave of crappy fangames (though this isn't one of them).

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Well all right, that's a valid point. Sorry qewlkid.

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
Geno WAs Born L33t
..........Whoa when did u get on Arrow :o  *and im agreeing with arrow too*
.....hi

Rep:
Level 88
Sounds great but one thing confuses me........Doesnt big evil bosses intent on destroying the world differ from the origonal Earthbound idea?

Rep:
Level 96
I suppose so, but that's what Giygas was, am I right?

Rep:
Level 88
Ive never played Earthbound but I always thought of it in the Animal Crossing style.

Rep:
Level 96
You should play it, really. Get the rom/an emulator here:

dohgames.com

But watchout for pop ups, and turn you speakers off, there's a loud pop-under in there.

And an Animal Crossing style thing could be interesting...

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Guns don't kill people. Magic missiles do.
I have thought about making an Animal Crossing game.  It'd be easier than you'd think.

As for Earth Bound being in the Animal Crossing "style," I'm not quite sure what you mean.  Do you mean because of the colorful, childlike graphics?  That is an art style affectionately called "naive," called so because it is purposely childish.  I've always really like it.  I'd liken it to jumping into a big box of Crayola crayons.

Rep:
Level 96
That's a great simile. And yeah, it would be pretty easy! Although I would probably use Game Maker for something like that...

Found this on Fu's forums...

You encountered the Panda being mischevious!
« Last Edit: September 11, 2006, 11:14:05 PM by arrowone »

Rep:
Level 88
I meant the everyday chores aspect of Animal Crossing.

Rep:
Level 96
You should most certainly play the rom. Did you get it yet?

Rep:
Level 88
Ill try it later when my dad isnt aware that im downloading something for a minute.................

Rep:
Level 96
All right, you'll thank yourself when you do.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Gah. MY parents used to do that too. Get all offended and afraid whenever I tried to download anything. "DONT DO THAT YOULL GET A VIRUS AND RUIN OUR COMPUTER"

Q)_Q)

Rep:
Level 88
No he just doesnt want me to take up all the hardrive space on the family computer luckily he let me download my RPG 2003 off of Crankeye.

Rep:
Level 96
My mother has come to trust me with ours, since I know more aboout it anymore than she does. Plus, it helps if you talk WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaay over there heads when you try to convince them to let you do something.

Rep:
Level 88
Actually im not complaining really im downloading things all the time  ;D.

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
Dammit Zypher. I actually tried to click [applaud].

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
My mother has come to trust me with ours, since I know more aboout it anymore than she does. Plus, it helps if you talk WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaay over there heads when you try to convince them to let you do something.

It's the complete opposite for me. My grandpa won't let me touch his computer unless I give him comprehensible instructions on what I plan to do there.

Me: Can I use your computer?
Grandpa: What for?
Me: I wanted to download an RPG so that I can review it and give comments on Crankeye.
Grandpa: You're downloading WEAPONS?! On MY computer?!
Me: No no no, you see, an RPG is a...
Grandpa: You're never touching my computer again!

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
Geno WAs Born L33t
RocketPropelledGernades lol was ur grandpa in the war
.....hi

Rep:
Level 96
Hmmm...Well, I suppose that it depends on the age group your 'mouse' falls into. Good point Zyper.

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Guns don't kill people. Magic missiles do.

It's the complete opposite for me. My grandpa won't let me touch his computer unless I give him comprehensible instructions on what I plan to do there.

Me: Can I use your computer?
Grandpa: What for?
Me: I wanted to download an RPG so that I can review it and give comments on Crankeye.
Grandpa: You're downloading WEAPONS?! On MY computer?!
Me: No no no, you see, an RPG is a...
Grandpa: You're never touching my computer again!

Holy jeezus that made me laugh so hard.

Rep:
Level 96
DOWNLOAD LINK has been repaired, sorry about that everyone.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4FR7FQYM

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
Im trying it now, it sounds really good. hopefully better then my game ^^.

Rep:
Level 96
Thanks! I'm sure yours is really good too.