RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Haha I've stumped someone

Rep:
Level 91
ok listen up
switches are not to be light minded with
they are evil at times mainly when used with collosion and auto start

now, thats what you want to do (and the guy in rmxp... i am sorry to hear rmxp.net is becoming so noobish even that guy can't answer such a simple thing)

as your first event (The one with the old person on the chair)
supposingly ends (aka man in the door thing)
just don't end it

use that event to do move events over the man's event.
then use messages and i promise no one will notice you kept the original event
the man at the door should have invisible graphics though always be there so that you could do (change graphics- man event- man) and then start moving him around

it's really simple if you can't do it i suggest you'll show me the event with screenies or otherwise pm it to me, i won't share your story with the world if that's what you are afraid of.
holy shit my sig was big!

Rep:
Level 89
I deleted all the events and started from scratch. Instead of using switches I defined a custom route for both characters while setting their speeds at low and frequency at very high (this in turn gives them a smooth walk, and not a intervaled one). Along with the custom route I set everything as autorun and a few wait commands in between, plus animation OFF for both characters so they stay put rather than repeating themselves.

It works. This thread can be locky locked now  :D