RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Haha I've stumped someone

Rep:
Level 89
I managed to stump a support staff member at rmxp.net with my little problem I've been trying to resolve today. By all accounts my method should work regarding a cutscene that I am making, but the switch seems to be not functioning correctly.

If anyone is interested in trying to figure out what the problem is, feel free to contact me via pm or msn and I'll send you the unecrypted link to download so you can see the files. This is sort of crucial in the beginning of my game so all support is appreciated.

Problem:

It starts off thundering and whatnot, rain in the background...and an old woman pacing back and forth behind a table. She hears a knock at the door and someone enters...blah blah blah (no story line telling here)...but anywho, the guy enters the room...and he is supposed to walk up to the carpet and stand in the middle of it, and they start talking about something (once again, no storyline telling). This is the problem. He doesn't walk up to the carpet...nay, he never makes it the first step out of the doorwell. When I do manage to get him from the doorway and walk up to the carpet...he doesn't stop, he keeps going and going and going. Kind of like the Energizer bunny.

It's kind of funny how these things don't work when you want them too.  :lol:

Rep:
Level 91
Thanks For Coming
Show us the event so far.

Rep: +0/-0Level 90
Did you uncheck the repeating option in the move event window?
"Have you read your STICKY today?"

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Did u even try-Move event?
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 89
The event is not repeating, and yes I did do move event on numerous occasions. I've also tried indirectly moving the character without actually putting the event on the image itself. :roll:

dwarra:

Set at autorun, and all second pages are just like any other switch. Grandma works just great...it's just Mortigo that is being the bitch.

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
doulbe check there is not another event making the char to move at the same time

Rep:
Level 89
Trust me there isn't. The only other event is for sound effects and after a while that event gets erased long before the switch is supposed to function.

Rep: +0/-0Level 90
Not to sure what i'm saying here,but maybe you should make it into a conditional branch.Kinda like:
Cond branch:Switch 02=Off
 <>Move grandpa
 <>Bla bla bla
 <>turn switch 02 ON
Else
 <>Move mortigo

Or try to make a second page with precondition switch 02=ON .And when granpa finishes moving,it'll turn switch 02 on and go to the second page,where you will move Mortigo...
"Have you read your STICKY today?"

Rep:
Level 89
A conditional branch wouldn't work, that is only if something had happened, then this would happen...or vice versa. This is just plain events and switches.

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
try adding a switch to the end of that and then make that do another event to continue it on....
Silence is Golden.
Duct Tape is Silver.....

..............SHAZZAM!!!!>>>>>>>I AM YOUR MASTER OF COMMAND>>>>>HAHAhahAHAHHAAHAHh only jokin'

completion: 8% (i think lol)
DEMO: http://files.filefront.com/Hero2exe/;4883008;;/fileinfo.html

Rep:
Level 89
*Sighs* Did it...any other suggestions?

what about the command "End Event Processing" at the end then add a switch...or try without the switch....
Silence is Golden.
Duct Tape is Silver.....

..............SHAZZAM!!!!>>>>>>>I AM YOUR MASTER OF COMMAND>>>>>HAHAhahAHAHHAAHAHh only jokin'

Rep:
Level 89

okay...ummmm....try making a new event by it turning on by a switch..and make that control the guy who walks thru the door..or whatever you need it to do....
Silence is Golden.
Duct Tape is Silver.....

Rep:
Level 89
Done that too. You see, by all accounts everything that I've tried should of worked. The event that I posted should of worked, but it didn't. The switches are against me I tell you! Against ME!

which program are you using...postaliy knights or dublueax...etc.
Silence is Golden.
Duct Tape is Silver.....

Rep:
Level 89

try making the events doin it brand new and  start them over
Silence is Golden.
Duct Tape is Silver.....

Rep:
Level 89
Done that too, no dice

the only thing i can say is make everything new lol...sorry...im all out of ideas..lol...at least i gave the most advice  lol
Silence is Golden.
Duct Tape is Silver.....

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest MemberFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
Maybe the switches ARE against you...

>_>

<_<
:tinysmile:

Quote from: HaloOfTheSun
Maybe the switches ARE against you...

>_>

<_<

i think they are dude..or the japs hate yu and don't want yu making a game lol
Silence is Golden.
Duct Tape is Silver.....

Rep:
Level 89
Yeah I know...the guy I was talking to at rmpx.net added me to his msn and we spent I don't know...a half and hour trying to figure it out. He just gave up.  :(

just make it all over again and what happens....but keep the original tho
Silence is Golden.
Duct Tape is Silver.....

Rep:
Level 89
Aight, after virtually losing my mind on how it wasn't working I finally subdued the switches but not using any (well except for one). It all works now.

Rep:
Level 91
ok listen up
switches are not to be light minded with
they are evil at times mainly when used with collosion and auto start

now, thats what you want to do (and the guy in rmxp... i am sorry to hear rmxp.net is becoming so noobish even that guy can't answer such a simple thing)

as your first event (The one with the old person on the chair)
supposingly ends (aka man in the door thing)
just don't end it

use that event to do move events over the man's event.
then use messages and i promise no one will notice you kept the original event
the man at the door should have invisible graphics though always be there so that you could do (change graphics- man event- man) and then start moving him around

it's really simple if you can't do it i suggest you'll show me the event with screenies or otherwise pm it to me, i won't share your story with the world if that's what you are afraid of.
holy shit my sig was big!

Rep:
Level 89
I deleted all the events and started from scratch. Instead of using switches I defined a custom route for both characters while setting their speeds at low and frequency at very high (this in turn gives them a smooth walk, and not a intervaled one). Along with the custom route I set everything as autorun and a few wait commands in between, plus animation OFF for both characters so they stay put rather than repeating themselves.

It works. This thread can be locky locked now  :D