RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Take Over Switching

Rep:
Level 89
:O_o:

Okay, all right. Here is my problem.

I am sort of new to this, and I am only doing this because I have a great game idea, but I need to know how to do this!

Now, the party is at a different point; THEY DON'T MOVE YET

First event is auto start so that player can't move, and it's not a person or anything. But then the second event is supposed to take over after the first. I got it to do that finally!  :evil:  Damn switches!

*Clears throat*

Moving on from that...

But now when I tell the event to turn, it dissapears. I told it *this event*, and I even tried the event number. Also, if I put a message before it, it dissapears after it.

Then the third one doesn't activate either.

Basically, I need to  know how to do a Take Over. It was called *Call Event* in RPG Maker 2003, and *Take Over* in the playstation version.

Why the he** they took it out now I don't know! Ooh, I hate these companies! I swear they just want to make it harder on us!

I have emailed the site, and they told me to come here.  :O_o:  Yeah, okay, thanks a lot! Anyways, if someone could help me, that would be much appreciated.

Ammon over and in!  :twisted:

Rep:
Level 91
Look at what the art is for when the event gets turned. Where you select a image for the event, there is a button that will select it's facing. Click on what direction you want the event to face when it dissapears, and then get back to me on it.

Rep:
Level 89
See, here's what I tried to do. I tried to make it face right, and it just disappears, doesn't even do it. It has to have something to do with the switching I think.

On top of that, why won't the third one take over?

If someone could explain to me how to make the events play off one another, I would be most grateful.

Ammom over and in!

Rep:
Level 92
Welcome Poster of Year 2006 Award
Switches. Turn one switch on at the end of the event, and make it activate the second.
Do you want to be part of a growing Gaming Community, with many galleries, comics, active community, and gfx artists? Also known to be friendly. Also want some free anime music just for signing up? Play in the arcade?

Click Community Forums to join!

< Zelda Fan Club

Rep:
Level 89
This is the XP one, and it won't take over the second. There is no command for take over. I tried the switch at the end as well.

I'll try again though, thanks.

Ammom over and in! <- By the way, this means I'll be here for a while

Rep:
Level 92
Welcome Poster of Year 2006 Award
Yes it would actually if you do it right. NOT LOCAL SWITCH!
Do you want to be part of a growing Gaming Community, with many galleries, comics, active community, and gfx artists? Also known to be friendly. Also want some free anime music just for signing up? Play in the arcade?

Click Community Forums to join!

< Zelda Fan Club

Rep:
Level 89
I am so used to having a command for this, I don't understand WHY THEY WOULD TAKE IT OUT NOW!

It was much easier before. I liked it that way, and I'm a programmer.

Let me try it with my new game, and get back on this tomorrow.

Thanks!

Ammom over and in!