RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Nintendo Direct

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Project of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
So you're saying it's mind blowing, right?

:D
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 96
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
no i want to end myself
it was horrible

garbage
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Project of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
what the fuck are they doing

not a single mention of ZeldaU, i don't care what you're doing with your hyruled warrior. it's probably the most anticipated game Nintendo have up their sleeves and they don't talk about it at all. Skyward Sword was five years ago now, give us a taste of your apology for it. you'll run out of HD remakes to do soon. i hope you fixed more than just Twilight Princess' graphics, by the way.

Starfox Zero looks fucking great, but the Guard thing seems ridiculous. it looks like a NintendoLand minigame. the concept is cool and all, and i'm sure the game will be fine, but who would choose to brand something with slippy and his uncle to sell it? what?

fucking hell can we just get another normal god damn paper mario. i like Super Paper Mario, it's by no means anything comparable to its predecessors, but it's still a cool game. then Sticker Star happened and i wished that it hadn't. this Color Splash thing looks, you know, better than Sticker Star, but when that's the thing you have to compare something to you shouldn't get high hopes. the theme of returning colour to a grey world has already been done, seemingly better-implemented, in 2008's De Blob. i hope we don't have to endure another paper mario that fails to even acknowledge how great the first two are.

i want a Metroid console platformer. Prime is great. Metroid is better. much better. Super Metroid is pretty much the best game ever and it makes no sense that Nintendo isn't pounding that nostalgia button. stop dallying around with these spinoffs and confusing remakes and ports and just give another main series entry, it'll be fucking glorious.

i've been excited for Pokken Tournament since before it was announced, but with every new piece of information i grow more cynical. i don't even think i'm excited for Sun and Moon. i think i'm done with new pokemon.

the Super Mario Maker updates look great, still don't know why checkpoints weren't in the original release though.

you can never go wrong with Kirby though, but with every installment i feel that the nature of the games are giving way to how stale and iterative the franchise is now. pretty much all Kirby games are solid. but i haven't been thrilled about one since... probably Epic Yarn.

stop wasting our time with shit like Disney Art Academy, and all of the collectible and social shit (what the fuck are amiibo cards?!) and give the people what they want. the good old shit. the only vestige of Good Old Shit patent pending i saw is Starfox Zero. i don't want to sound butthurt or like a crazy fanboy, because i'm not (most of this post was shits and gigs), but come on. i want to see more of ZeldaU, i don't care how far off release is. show me you're not too busy focusing on all the side garbage and updates to games that were supposedly complete when they came out. i'll shut up now. i'm sorry. i love you Nintendo. fuck you.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 12:23:39 PM by pacdiggity »
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I'm pretty content with Nintendo for the time being because I have fire emblem and the fun of smash 4 still hasn't worn off.

But uh yeah can we please get some ZeldaU updates. .-.
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
fuck all y'all.
ridin the sun/moon hype train to space.

Rep:
Level 96
i want to play pokemon x some day
maybe they'll be working emulators soon
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
The way I see it is Nintendo is out of touch with now. Splatoon is their first online game besides smash that actually has a player base consistently and it's IN SPITE of Nintendo's horrible networking.

all they would need to do to sell assloads of Wii U's is to allow you to play digital copies of 3ds games on your TV using the wiiu pad as the bottom screen. INSTANT CASH.

They STILL don't have a real zelda on the wiiu, maybe that's for the best with how awful SS was. it had so much potential and I can't help but feel i'd enjoy it if it weren't for the sword control gimmicks (and linear no exploring plot but whatever. ocarina was pretty linear except there were a lot of side quests you could do at different points of the game.)

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
My collection of thoughts since I don't feel like organizing them (and also in case y'all have some insight I don't)

* Why do you need a new 3DS to play the SNES virtual console titles? I mean, I get that it helps justify having spent the extra dough on the new 3DS besides Xenoblade and (also nonsensically) Binding of Isaac. But I kind of doubt the old 3DS wouldn't have handled them just fine.

* Super Mario Maker is incredible but they really need to find a better way of curating levels. I don't know how they'd pull it off, but the way they're doing it now is definitely hampering the experience.

* I agree that Paper Mario as a franchise has fallen from grace. But if Intelligent Systems is phoning it in at this point, it's probably because they're so much more invested in Fire Emblem. And for that matter, maybe it's the existence of the Mario & Luigi franchise that's caused it to take the direction it has. But all of this is really moot when it's clear that they just need to make another Super Mario RPG now that Nintendo is once again on good terms with Square.

* Fuck Amiibo.

* As a huge fan of Dynasty Warriors, but only having played a handful of Zelda titles, I'm torn on whether or not to pick up Hyrule Warriors Legends. I just feel weird getting a game filled with characters I don't recognize and inside jokes I'm sure I'll miss.

* I'm also 100% into anything Kirby, but I also don't like the formula being messed with too much; I had a tough time getting into Epic Yarn for this reason (even though I know it wasn't even supposed to be a Kirby title). They just need to keep introducing new copy abilities and interesting move sets to hold my interest, and hopefully Robo-Kirby does that. Especially since it's following Triple Deluxe, which became my #2 Kirby game after Super Star.

* I just realized after typing what I said about Kirby that the same train of thought could be applied to the Paper Mario franchise, and now it makes even less sense to me that they've deviated so much from it. I guess innovation is best taken in small doses.

Rep:
Level 96
Quote from: Shiggy Diggy
"Aside from wanting us to change the atmosphere a lot, there were two main things that Miyamoto-san said from the start of the project—"It's fine without a story, so do we really need one?" and "As much as possible, complete it with only characters from the Super Mario world."

"With regard to the story, we did a survey over the Super Paper Mario game in Club Nintendo, and not even 1% said the story was interesting. A lot of people said that the Flip2move for switching between the 3D and 2D dimensions was fun."

"At first, we were making a lot of individual allies as in a regular RPG, but when we decided to focus on stickers, in order to make a clear change with previous games in the series, it was like we started all over again by throwing out the system—including those characters—that we had made up to that point."
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Spoiler for:
"Aside from wanting us to change the atmosphere a lot, there were two main things that Miyamoto-san said from the start of the project—"It's fine without a story, so do we really need one?" and "As much as possible, complete it with only characters from the Super Mario world."

"With regard to the story, we did a survey over the Super Paper Mario game in Club Nintendo, and not even 1% said the story was interesting. A lot of people said that the Flip2move for switching between the 3D and 2D dimensions was fun."

"At first, we were making a lot of individual allies as in a regular RPG, but when we decided to focus on stickers, in order to make a clear change with previous games in the series, it was like we started all over again by throwing out the system—including those characters—that we had made up to that point."

sorry i can't read this through my blinding rage :)
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Miyamoto is so anti-story. It's kinda sad.
Like he actually hated that they snuck a story into Galaxy, and it ended up being one of the best mario games.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
I don't mind him being against it in Mario platformers. However, when you mandate that there be no original characters or story in a role playing game like Paper Mario, you're taking out what people like about those games. That just boggles my mind.

It's like if Eji Aonuma had authority over a Mario platformer and said "ahhh let's try not including jumping"

frick