RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Nintendo is working on a new system (and mobile games?)

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Busy Husband, Dad, and Youth Minister
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
Nintendo press release

TL:DR

New system in the works codenamed NX
Nintendo to start developing games for mobile devices

So the WiiU is dying or already dead I suppose?

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
New consoles go into R&D almost immediately after the latest one is released. From what I understand, the NX isn't even necessarily a console, it could be a handheld, which makes more sense due to the 3DS being older. Considering they aren't even going to share details about it until next year it wouldn't be until 2017 at the earliest until it's released, which makes sense with the Wii U and/or 3DS lifespan. The PS5 and the Xbox Two are both also being worked on, for what it's worth, yet the current consoles are stated to have a 10 year lifespan. That doesn't mean they're on their way to stores.

It was only inevitaburuuuu that Nintendo would start developing mobile games, contrary to what they've said in the past. There's too much money to be made there. Personally I don't care at all because I don't even have a smart phone and if I did, I wouldn't be playing games on it.

I love the Wii U but damn Nintendo really dropped the ball with it, hoping that just using the Wii brand was enough to propel popularity and negating gamepad features. But mostly pretty much distancing themselves from third parties entirely is what killed it. Lots of third parties really screwed things over though, with incredibly late ports, often with features arbitrarily missing, and then going "Look! Our games sell less on the Wii U!" blaming it on Wii U owners, and not the fact that they released a gimped version of a game everyone bought a year before. So hopefully Nintendo decides to stop relying on gimmicks and works on repairing relations.
:tinysmile:

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
I still like Nintendo games the best and thought the Wii U was pretty cool. The gamepad is nice because I can bring it around the house with me (though I can only make it about halfway through my house before it disconnects).

But I usually get the next gen Nintendo products first for the exclusive series' that I've sold myself to. I don't think I was nearly as into the Wii/Wii U as I was the GameCube. GC has all my favorite games ever. ;9
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 07:42:26 PM by yuyu! »
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
no question about it, the best home console and the best handheld console are both nintendo, it's just a shame that the masses allowed it to flop because they wanted to play boring shooters for another 6 years
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
great hardware means nothing without software to back it up. nintendo actively discourages third party games and has shit online capability, which is inexcusable now. it's gotten marginally better at online, but only marginally.

as for boring shooters? if you are a dev and you don't want to make one fine. if you build a console you better make it easy for devs to put their games on it. Shooters are a huge chunk of the market and nintendo not allowing them to flourish on their system is only hurting one group, nintendo.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 09:02:49 PM by strike »

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
o no

I don't really care for online gameplay or shooters, but I'll concede that Nintendo may be missing a huge market by not conforming to the money-making stuff. Not that I'd like to see them be anything like Microsoft or Sony - I like them the way they are.

The cool thing is that they seem to have won over the hearts of many family-friendly households. I have a lot of respect for Nintendo in that regard, because most of their signature games are fun and enjoyable in a cleaner (or more light-hearted) way. That isn't a statement against violence and sex in video games, but my personal preference. Nintendo just has a special kind of charm, and a lot more character, in my Nintendork opinion.

Do people actually say "Nintendork"?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 09:50:00 PM by yuyu! »
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 97
great hardware means nothing without software to back it up. nintendo actively discourages third party games and has shit online capability, which is inexcusable now. it's gotten marginally better at online, but only marginally.

Yeah, they really need to stop acting like they have an iron grip on the industry like they did in the NES days, because that's long gone, and work on getting third parties to make games for their systems again. Even the 3DS has been suffering because of that, but not as much since the Vita is a ghost. Even the Wii had a lot of third party support that was actually good - not just shovelware. And a real account system and better online is a must, too.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Even the 3DS has been suffering because of that, but not as much since the Vita is a ghost.

Whoa. I totally forgot about Vita. What actually happened to it? I think I've met maybe one or two people that actually own one. Everything related to Vita was put on 75% off clearance when I worked at Best Buy, and I still never actually saw anyone buy any of it.
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 97
It has a lot of support still in Japan, but in the west there aren't a lot of games being released for it except mediocre, super-weeb, fanservicy JRPGs. Vita is only for people who love Nippon. It's mostly because Sony has just utterly abandoned it and cut features from it.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
It has a lot of support still in Japan, but in the west there aren't a lot of games being released for it except mediocre, super-weeb, fanservicy JRPGs. Vita is only for people who love Nippon. It's mostly because Sony has just utterly abandoned it and cut features from it.

Come to think of it, I don't ever really remember seeing much advertisement for it, either. I guess they really didn't want to push for an American market. ;9
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 97
I don't know, it's kind of hard to tell what they wanted to do with it. The 3DS was dong pretty badly at first, too, but Nintendo turned that around. It does seem like Sony just decided it wasn't worth the money and effort.

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.a^2 + b^2 = c^2How can I help you? :DSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
I've always been a generation behind when it comes to consoles, so I honestly can't add much to the discussion. ;9

Rep:
Level 72
~Few people understand the beauty of the night~
2014 Best Topic
I hear ya there Aco.. I only just got a 3DS this past Christmas, and only because it was a gift from my better half, and because she wanted someone to play pokemon with lolz

That being said, I agree with most of what you said Halo, just by keeping up a little on the tech scene news. I think there's still improvements to be made to pretty much ALL of the popular consoles out there, though I doubt any of the major three will ever get their system so perfect that it caters to everyone. I really do hope that when all is said and done, Nintendo comes out on top with the better console (mostly because that way I'll always be able to play pokemon lolz)
Download http://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm5v281q6E1qde50fo1.mp3