RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Moods Theme Challenge

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRK2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o

Moods Theme Challenge

I just thought of this on the fly and decided that I will follow strike's lead and make a thread on the fly, too. 'Cause stuff gettin' done. YEAH.

What is this?
I'm going to make a fabulous list of mood themes (happy, sad, etc), and the goal is for you to make something that shows each mood. What you make is up to you! You can make art, music, sprites, pixels, maps, games?, or even write something - these are all forms of art. It doesn't matter what it is, but the goal is to convey these feelings to your viewers/readers/listeners.

What's the deadline?
Ain't no deadline. Do these for fun, whenever you want. It don't matter !!

What's the point of this?
To be honest, I didn't need to include this part. But I think exploring moods is great for any developer, artist, musician, or writer. This might help you to really zone in and explore how to add more emotion to your sick games, pictures, blah blah. Ergo, I think this will be an excellent exercise for any creators of anything at any skill level.

The Moody Themes
Let's start with some basic moods (some are more of "themes", but shuddup).

1. Joy
2. Sorrow
3. Anger
4. Fear
5. Serenity
6. Hope
7. Passion
8. Excitement
9. Sentimental
10. Lonely

Participants

Spoiler for yuyu:
Spoiler for Acolyte:
Spoiler for boe:
Spoiler for PhoenixFire:
Spoiler for Pacman:
Spoiler for Mekuso:

It could be you! ...If you want, I guess.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 05:27:42 PM by yuyu! »
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
I'll maybe do something I guess?  :irock2:

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
<stark> ok
<stark> ok sign me ip
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRK2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
cool :]

also you guys don't even have to do anything anytime soon. I just made the thread just cause B)

ain't no set times or anything
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 72
~Few people understand the beauty of the night~
2014 Best Topic
you can go ahead and sign me up too :)

I have a few ideas for this already. Not only do I have ideas, but I also have photoshop!!!!!
Download http://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm5v281q6E1qde50fo1.mp3

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Right on! :-)

I just made a quick drawing for "Sorrow":

It's a little sloppy. :( I experimented a bit with angles that I'm not necessarily comfortable with, and I think it worked out pretty well for the guy's face (what you can see, at least). The girl's face came out sorta weird, but I was working with a quick sketch and decided to color it. :B
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
i probably need something like this.
i'll write one short piece each week for ten weeks. it'll be cool.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
i probably need something like this.
i'll write one short piece each week for ten weeks. it'll be cool.

do et! B)

I want to hear musiks
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
Yeah I think I'll do this too.
:tinysmile:

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Awesome! I can't wait to see what you guys make for this! :gracie:

More music > less music B) B)
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Wait did you make that?

that's beautiful ;~;
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 96
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Is that Kid chameleon from Metal Gear Rising? The one that messes with your memory card or something.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
Wait did you make that?

that's beautiful ;~;

I did, thanks  ;8

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
I decided to try something different. I'm gonna do atmospheric, somewhat minimalistic stuff for these. Here's the first one:

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
OK...I love that song! :gracie: It sounds somewhat melancholic, but very upbeat and happy - perfectly makes me think of the hope theme. Amazing work, Halo! ;~;

I also really like the picture you chose for it. B)
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 97

Rep:
Level 96
I like it more than yuyu does.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 96
no girls dont fite we have to call each other names

you stupid butt
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
oh rite

u loserylizard !!
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 97
wow girls aren't supposed to swear ok

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
sorry         ;9
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 97
I have mixed feelings about this one, mostly because I'm not sure how well it captures "lonely". I guess it's mostly subjective anyway, so close enough I suppose.

Rep:
Level 96
A person alone on a derelict spacecraft.
thats wut it makes me think of
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&