RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
What color is this stupid dress

Poll

The colors of the dress below are:

white and gold
5 (41.7%)
blue and black
5 (41.7%)
brown and beige
0 (0%)
What colors?
2 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: March 03, 2015, 05:25:26 AM

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Project of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
Only once has the mysterious dress slightly looked bluish.

White and gold master race.

More like...white and gold check your FACE!!!

bwahahahah :V

...cause, you know...less effective retina cones......get it?
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
I'm actually legitimately curious about this.

Out of those seeing gold and white, who wears glasses? *raises hand* and for what? For me I'm nearsighted.
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
I was given glasses because I'm nearsighted, but I never wear them.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Project of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
I wear glasses, have extremely terrible vision without them, and am nearsighted...and I can't work out "white" or "gold" at all. o.o 'Looks very blue and blackish brown, to me and my sister (who has even worse vision than me). My mom, however, saw white and gold. :p

I don't think it correlates with vision, but rather the adjustment to dim lighting. I didn't think there was a difference before this, honestly. o.o

*edit*

I even took off my glasses and still see blue and black. Not even close to white and gold. AHHHH
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 96
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ make a contract with me If you become a magical girl that dress can be your's.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
also halo seems to have seen blue and black(ish brown) and he has icky vision, too :halo:

*edit*
Same with Malson, who's vision is at least as bad as mine (we've traded glasses before to check :B)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 12:32:43 AM by yuyu! »
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 34
RMRK Junior
:halo: I feel like I'm being trolled reading this thread. I see white and gold... I don't have any problems seeing, though I really don't like going outside without sunglasses because I can't take bright light very well. Maybe it really is a lighting thing... Never thought I had a color blindness due to light sensitivity... Kinda random.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
So...out of curiosity...

What kind of gold and white are you guys seeing? Is it, like, pearly white and mustard gold? Or like, gray white and metalic gold? :B

I see a brownish black (mostly brown) and dull, light blue B)
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.a^2 + b^2 = c^2How can I help you? :DSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
I saw it as an off-white in bad lighting and a murky sort of goldish brown

also wear glasses btw

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
I see it as slightly smokey off-white and the gold is a slightly towards a light-brown paper bag shade of gold if that makes any sense.

I have a huge light sensitivity that's exacerbated by certain medications as well. So, while I don't understand it, it may very well indeed by light adjustment.
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.a^2 + b^2 = c^2How can I help you? :DSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
I honestly can't see it as black.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
It's barely black, even to the black/blue viewers. o.o It's, like, a dull brown that I can tell is supposed to be black, because of the lighting. It's not quite gold to me, though. As for the white...I can't even begin to see it. It looks pure blue to me. O.O

I guess you guys are just seeing the colors lighter or something. B) That's pretty cool.
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
If you look at it as if it's in a shadow, it's easier to see it as white.

XKCD made a picture explaining it pretty well.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato
It's blue

All the time

It's blue

It never looks white

It's blue

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
....I still can't see it as "white" ;_;
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature SpaceFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
Oh my god this isn't even interesting. That gif of the spinning ballerina where you can trick yourself into seeing it turn different directions was more interesting than this dumb dress ever will be.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature SpaceFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member

Rep:
Level 97
triple posting to be safe

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
At least I could change my perception of the ballerina's rotation at will. I just want to be able to do the same thing for this. Even in the XKCD comic, both dresses look black and blue to me.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
And how does anyone view it the way he's drawn it on the left anyway? The image is extremely bright.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
that ballerina has erect nipples.

Rep:
Level 34
RMRK Junior

Rep:
Level 97

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
now i do ;0