RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
iWatch Y'all

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Busy Husband, Dad, and Youth Minister
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9

Time to donate to our Apple overlords.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRK2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
 :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
NO
 :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

they can't have my monies :mad:
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
i've never bought an apple prodickt and the only aple prodick i own is a cracked (screen not jailbroken) ipod from like 2008 that my sister gave me
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
2014 Most Missed Member2013 Kindest Member2013 Most Mature Member2013 Best Counsel2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer2012 Best Counsel2012 Kindest Memberluv u bb <3Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantFor taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2010 Kindest Member

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
hey lets all spend hundreds of dollars on a thing that does what our phones do except less but we wear it on our wrists so people know we have an apple product
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 King of RMRK2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Writer2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Best Writer
hey lets all spend hundreds of dollars on a thing that does what our phones do except less but we wear it on our wrists so people know we have an apple product

nail on the head

also it's pretty obvious apple is trying to scramble up on the 'smartwatch' shit that samsung already capitalized on
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
Also, like even if this weren't a completely stupid idea, why would anyone who already had a smartphone get the iWatch since those people always have their phone with them anyway. It's not like they're going to be like "Oh, glad I have this iWatch since I never take my phone out of the house"

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
The title made me think this thread was about some sort of stalker app.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
also it's pretty obvious apple is trying to scramble up on the 'smartwatch' shit that samsung already capitalized on
There were consistent rumors and Apple Watch patents many months before Samsung's watch was a thing people were aware of. It's kind of silly to be so sure that Apple's watch is a reaction to Samsung's.

The most obvious use here is for health and fitness. It senses your heartrate (which phones don't do) and can give you relevant information (distance traveled, how long you've been working out, how hard you're going, suggestions regarding pacing) while you're exercising.

The most appealing thing to me is how much less one would have to fumble with a phone for accessing quick information and for simple input. It's much easier to simply look at your wrist, and I'd imagine one would still be more connected to the world around them when doing so compared to a phone.

Apple is innovative here. No longer do you have to drop whatever you're carrying, reach in your pocket, pull out your phone, press the wake button, look at it, reach back into your pocket, release the phone, pull your arm back out of your pocket and pick up whatever you dropped every time you want to know what time it is. You can just look at your wrist now. That's magical. That's innovative. That's Apple. Steve Jobs is smiling in his grave.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
The title made me think this thread was about some sort of stalker app.
There's an app that shows what your iPhone camera sees, so you could set it up in your sister's room or whatever and watch her masturbate.

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
I had a copy of the guinness book of records 2001. In there was a smart watch made by samsung. You could make phone calls on it.

[edit]

It also had voice commands. A time paradox, as we all know apple invented voice commands in 2010 or so.
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 102
Why do you go to such great lengths to point out that Apple didn't invent a category they never claimed to have

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
why do you go to such great lengths to jerk off to steve jobs

Rep:
Level 102
I just criticized how unintuitive and seemingly arbitrary the context sensitive functionality of the watch dial is and questioned how easy it is to find apps on the watch's homescreen on another forum.

Rep:
Level 97
The most obvious use here is for health and fitness. It senses your heartrate (which phones don't do) and can give you relevant information (distance traveled, how long you've been working out, how hard you're going, suggestions regarding pacing) while you're exercising.

I mean I guess that's cool if you don't already have a smartphone and a heart rate monitor, but since most people that would be interested in the iWatch already do have smartphones then it would make more sense to just get one of those Fitbit things since it already monitors your heart rate, distance traveled, etc. at a much lower cost and all you have to do is keep it in your pocket.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 King of RMRK2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Writer2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Best Writer
I don't think something like that watch would be considered to follow into the smartwatch variety, given it's age and preceeding modern smartphones

but rumors =! legitimacy. I'm sure they were working on a watch as well but I think they would have pushed it out in a more timely manner, considering Samsung would also have a good deal of time to R&D a smartwatch. Having something on release and in people's mind doesn't mean it didn't exist before 'people knew about it'

Rep:
Level 98

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Why do you go to such great lengths to point out that Apple didn't invent a category they never claimed to have

There were consistent rumors and Apple Watch patents many months before Samsung's watch was a thing people were aware of. It's kind of silly to be so sure that Apple's watch is a reaction to Samsung's.

Apple is innovative here.
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 102

I mean I guess that's cool if you don't already have a smartphone and a heart rate monitor, but since most people that would be interested in the iWatch already do have smartphones then it would make more sense to just get one of those Fitbit things since it already monitors your heart rate, distance traveled, etc. at a much lower cost and all you have to do is keep it in your pocket.
You don't have to pull a thing out of your pocket to see your live fitness related information like with Fitbit. I don't want to fumble around with a phone or a thing to know my heartrate, how far I've run or how close I am to meeting my daily goal, especially while actually exercising (this is in a theoretical universe where I exercise).

If someone is fine with single-function devices like heartrate monitors and pedometers, that's okay, just as it's okay to be fine with phones that simply make phonecalls. Smart watches aren't going to be for everyone.

It also does much more than exercise. Like I said, the value is in receiving and sending quick information. It's going to be more valuable for some people depending on their lifestyle. Like, a cyclist might find it useful for turn-based navigation; he could quickly glance at the map instead of trying to pull out a phone while riding and it'll also give him directional vibration feedback when he needs to turn.

Apple is innovative here.
"it's silly to conclude that the Apple Watch is a reaction to the Galaxy Gear" != "Apple invented the smartwatch"

Second quote is part of me jokingly claiming Apple invented the watch. Those things that tell time that have been around for a long time. How do you take that seriously. What.

I don't think something like that watch would be considered to follow into the smartwatch variety, given it's age and preceeding modern smartphones

but rumors =! legitimacy. I'm sure they were working on a watch as well but I think they would have pushed it out in a more timely manner, considering Samsung would also have a good deal of time to R&D a smartwatch. Having something on release and in people's mind doesn't mean it didn't exist before 'people knew about it'
The Galaxy Gear was received poorly according to the article you linked to, so you don't think Samsung could have skimped on the R&D and QA and rushed theirs out? I mean, development on what would eventually become the iPhone notoriously started in 2004. It's clear Apple isn't one to rush out new product lines. You haven't enough reason to believe that this is just Apple "trying to scramble up on the 'smartwatch' shit that samsung already capitalized on".

Rep:
Level 98
if apple is so great why are there only 4 apps per row on their largest phone huh?!?

Rep:
Level 98
also had I read that wiki page I would have seen that they started development during the rush for smart watches

so I reckon apple probably had it's fingers in it but weren't pushing for strong development

so I guess the pebble kind of really did it first

Rep:
Level 102
if apple is so great why are there only 4 apps per row on their largest phone huh?!?
this is a limitation in the core of iOS and it pertains to incredibly complex concepts such as bits and integars and is the very reason why as a child you asked god why link could only hold 255 rupees in the first zelda and when he didn't respond you came out as an atheist which caused you to become distant from your parents and molded you into the very man you are today

Rep:
Level 102

I just remembered that the 2010 iPod Nano could be worn like a watch and in addition to music stuff, had a clock app, a photos app, a fitness app and a voice memo app. I wonder if it could be contested that it was a smartwatch.

The 2012 Nano got rid of the square watch-like formfactor. Perhaps deliberately?

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
while smart watches are neat, I could never own one. my watch gets beat to shit.

Rep:
Level 98
also not water proof only just resistant, it seems