RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[XP] Unexpected file format, and unable to create file?

Rep: +0/-0Level 37
RMRK Junior
Ive been working on a game for a few months now and the last time i opened it there was a problem it said "Unexpected file format." so i tried opening the application and it had no problem (i know that doesn't change much). Then i tried making a new project but instead of creating it, it said "Failed to create folder." so i reinstalled rpg maker xp an still couldn't open or create a project and so i tried three more times (by uninstalling then trying again) and still didn't work.

I would love some help, and thank you.

Edit: Sorry if i have bad punctuation and or gramer.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 12:50:30 PM by JOJO »

Rep:
Level 72
~Few people understand the beauty of the night~
2014 Best Topic
What OS, what version of RMXP? Have you changed absolutely anything about your computer lately? Have you scanned your computer for malware and viruses lately? What's your favorite food? How do you plan to pay for this premium support service?
Download http://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm5v281q6E1qde50fo1.mp3

Rep:
Level 72
The cloaked schemer
Most Promising Project 2014
I remember this happening to me randomly. Don't worry, just copy the data folder into a new project and if it opens normally then transfer the other files. If it errors again, copy the data files one at a time in a new project until you find the one causing the problem.

Rep:
Level 72
~Few people understand the beauty of the night~
2014 Best Topic
I remember this happening to me randomly. Don't worry, just copy the data folder into a new project and if it opens normally then transfer the other files. If it errors again, copy the data files one at a time in a new project until you find the one causing the problem.

I don't think that method will work Zexion...

...Then i tried making a new project but instead of creating it, it said "Failed to create folder." so i reinstalled rpg maker xp an still couldn't open or create a project and so i tried three more times (by uninstalling then trying again) and still didn't work...

Download http://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm5v281q6E1qde50fo1.mp3

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Make sure that the folder for RMXP isn't read only for some reason.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep: +0/-0Level 37
RMRK Junior
No its not on read only, thanks tho.